Newbie looking for some help, DSE801 e-ciggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnprincess

Jan 14, 2011
San Antonio TX
Hey yall!

Well, Ive been a heavy smoker (2 packs a day-ish) for the past 10 years. Ive been waiting for a product like this for years( real ciggys and I have a love/hate relationship LOL). I have to say, Im prowd of myself as I did alot of research on this type of product. I ordered the DSE801 e-cig from Awesome Vapor and should arrive in the mail in the next 2 days. I only ordered the starter kit and am now realizing that I need to order in addition some e-liquid, atomizers and some blank carts. I have just a few questions to ask for those who are/have used the DSE801.

1. How long does the cart last in analog cig terms?(aprox)

2. How many drops does it take to fill a cart?

3. Can you refill used carts, if so how many times can you refill a cart before it becomes rubbish?

4. How long is the battery life when fully charged( Does this product only use battery power when in use, or is it kinda like always "on")?

5. Does the vapor exhale leave an odor in the air?

As you can prollie tell, I am very concerned about the battery life and the cart life as I work 12-16 hour shifts and want to preplan what I will need when Im out of the house.

Thank you all for any input on this product. I am very excited to try this product, I hope it works for me...Wish me luck!
Sincerly,
Cyndi S. <pwnprincess>

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I started with an 801,they are nice,but the battery life and messiness of constantly topping off the carts led me to try different things.For some reason mine seemed to leak alot where the atomizer connected to the battery.I know alot of people love 801s,I just couldnt adjust to it.I moved on to Kr808d1s with cartomizers and xl batteries and it was much easier for me to quit.The batts lasted much longer and I only had to refill every couple hours.

I hope you are one of the people who loves the 801!!Welcome to ECF and ecigs!!

pwnprincess

Jan 14, 2011
San Antonio TX
Thanks Keyzygirl!

Hmmm...Well I hope I get a good one! LOL Im already "wish listing" the Joye 510 and I havent even recieved my first robo-ciggy! We'll see how this one goes, Im hoping it will be good for a start! Curently Im spending $200 a month on analog/tobacco cigs...So Im sure I can get another if this ones a dud for me! Thanks so much for your warm welcome too! (^^;)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
We are talking plastic and stuffing carts here right? Not cartomizers.

1. How long does the cart last in analog cig terms?(aprox)

I use 901, not 801, but I'd say a few cigarettes worth. With a lot fo cart stuffings it's hard to vape the cart dry and you don't want to run an atty dry anyway (shorter its life etc), so when vapor diminishes you top off the cart with a bit more juice.

2. How many drops does it take to fill a cart?

Depends. some carts hold 6-8 drops, some more. But it depends on the stuffing, and how much liquid it has down where you can't see. It's a watch and fill operation - slow drops until you see dampness on top but not a puddle

3. Can you refill used carts, if so how many times can you refill a cart before it becomes rubbish?

You can refill them up to a point. Some PV's tend to melt/stretch their carts but I have not had that problem at all with 901. And then the other problem is that after a while the stuffing gets icky and/or boggy, either tastes bad or stops wicking well or stops reaching the atty well. At this point you can try to carefully washed the stuffing and get it back in there or you can try replacing it with the wide variety of alternate stuffing people use, from poly fiberfill from a sewing shop to blue foam from a kind of aquarium filter to pyramid tea bag cloth. I have had the best luck with blue foam but some cart shapes don't really lend themselves to that.

4. How long is the battery life when fully charged( Does this product only use battery power when in use, or is it kinda like always "on")?

I am unfamiliar with 801 battery. If it is a 150-180mah battery then 1-2 hours if you vape constantly, 2-3 hours if you vape moderately, 3-4+ hours if you vape lightly. If it is more mah then it will last longer. I think the power does fade a bit when not being used, but slowly. A battery doesn't hold charge forever. if you bought manual batteries they should never accidentally turn themselves on like autos sometimes do in wind or vibration.

Yes but more aromatic flavors leave more aroma. Some tobacco vapes smell very little but some people's noses are sensitive to tobacco smells. If I am stealth vaping then I use a non-smelly tobacco ejuice and add a bit of peach ejuice or something to it to leave a slight peach smell. (something someone could mistake for perfume etc)

Last edited:

Kenji

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Ca

Yes but more aromatic flavors leave more aroma. Some tobacco vapes smell very little but some people's noses are sensitive to tobacco smells. If I am stealth vaping then I use a non-smelly tobacco ejuice and add a bit of peach ejuice or something to it to leave a slight peach smell. (something someone could mistake for perfume etc)

So Ninja @_@ LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread