Anyone here vape 0mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaRvn

Jan 27, 2012
Colorado
I vape 0% nic, never really picked up smoking to begin with, I just did it only so often just as an excuse to use a long stem cigarette holder (I have a love for retro style and audrey hepburn and I collect cigarette holders) besides that I always thought regular cigarettes tasted horrible

but I discovered e-cigs and it was a win win for me, using 0% nic vapes I can use my cigarette holders more, I can regulate the flavours to my liking (I found I have a big taste for pipe or cigar tobacco with a hint of sweet, like chocolate, vanilla or honey) and I'm not concerned about the nasty nicotine

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I strictly vape 0mg because I am not using my pv to quit smoking but to help manage my stress and anxiety. My therapist suggested a pv and once I found out you could use 0 mg I was all over it. It has been very helpful and I really enjoy it.

Does it work for anxiety at 0mg?
I cut down to 5.5mg the same week I started doctor issues and a few weeks into it I'm thinking I'm going to have to stay here for a very long time before I'll be able to go to 0mg.

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
Does it work for anxiety at 0mg?
I cut down to 5.5mg the same week I started doctor issues and a few weeks into it I'm thinking I'm going to have to stay here for a very long time before I'll be able to go to 0mg.
I've found, like pudgemaster, that it works for me. I have been vaping 0mg for over four months and find it very relaxing. I even get throat hit, which many vapers find important. However, my throat is much more sensitive than someone just off nicotine. My go-to vape is VG flavored with 4 drops of Desert Ship and 1 drop of Cherry from FlavourArt per 5mg of VG. I vape an Echo.

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
I vape 0% nic, never really picked up smoking to begin with, I just did it only so often just as an excuse to use a long stem cigarette holder (I have a love for retro style and audrey hepburn and I collect cigarette holders) besides that I always thought regular cigarettes tasted horrible

but I discovered e-cigs and it was a win win for me, using 0% nic vapes I can use my cigarette holders more, I can regulate the flavours to my liking (I found I have a big taste for pipe or cigar tobacco with a hint of sweet, like chocolate, vanilla or honey) and I'm not concerned about the nasty nicotine
You might enjoy what I vape. I go for VG because I like clouds of vapor, and buying it in big bottles is the cheapest vape going. Tried straight unflavored VG for awhile -- not bad, just a little sweetness. After a little experimentation, found my go-to vape -- VG with 4 drops of Desert Ship tobacco flavor and one drop of Cherry per 5mg. My wife likes the smell, which is a bonus.

Jester4

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Brampton, Ont
I started with 0 nic after being a PAD smoker for 20 years. I made it about 5 weeks, but the stress management was getting to be too much and I'm finding that my temperament with my kids is low as well. I just ordered 18mg and am going to continue with that and come back down. I think it was a mistake to drop right to 0 for me, even though I still stayed away from analogs this whole whole time time, it's been a more difficult than I think it needs to be.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I started with 0 nic after being a PAD smoker for 20 years. I made it about 5 weeks, but the stress management was getting to be too much and I'm finding that my temperament with my kids is low as well. I just ordered 18mg and am going to continue with that and come back down. I think it was a mistake to drop right to 0 for me, even though I still stayed away from analogs this whole whole time time, it's been a more difficult than I think it needs to be.

You fit with the vast majority who want to make a successful transition from smoking to vaping.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Interesting thread, when I started vaping I was all for using it as a means to stop completely but since switching my view has changed dramatically, since I am no-longer causing myself any harm I'm not going to rush cutting down at all and I suspect I will continue to vape even if I get down to zero but I'm ok with that, there is no pressure and that is what I love about vaping, I am in control.
I have tried in the past to reduce my nic level and the attempt was very unsuccessful, I started on 18mg and then 4 months in I tried dropping to 11mg (the next level down with my supplier) and it just didn't work, I chain vaped because I wasn't getting the hit I needed. My plan now is to wait a little longer till a few family issues are cleared and then evaluate again, possibly try dropping 1mg every 2 weeks or so, now I have experiance in making my own juice I will be able to control it better too.
I'm not going to set a definate goal with this, I've already beaten the biggest battle in my mind and that is getting away from the dreaded analogs so in fact I have won, if I don't get to 0mg I know I will see myself as a failure if that is the goal I have set so won't set myself up for that.
I'm going with the mindset of if I make it then that's fine but just vaping instead of smoking is the best anyway so there is no real issue.
Thanks to all though for some useful tips

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
Sounds like a plan, Tilly. I just ordered my brother-in-law a Volt kit for his birthday. My wife and I would like to see him off the analogs. He has other health problems, and doesn't need the cigs making things worse. I am not concerned whether or not he ever gets to 0 nicotine. Just like to have him around awhile longer, and in good health.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
i would love to go 0mg, trouble is that would also be 0 throat hit and i think that after 50years a smoker is what i'd miss the most...now if someone could come up with a safe additive that produced a throat hit i think a lotta people would be mighty happy and find it easier to go 0mg nic.

Hey Slip, I smoked 53 years. Been 0 Nic more than 10 months now. I accidently left the nic out of my DIY Blend. A couple days later I discovered it, decided who needs it. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

elgatoenelsombrero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Gautier, MS
You can use 0 nic liquid as long as you don't care that you won't have any throat hit (inhaled feel of smoking). It is like vaping air. But that's why we are all different. It might work fine for you. But more than the so-called addictive qualities of nicotine, it's the no throat hit that is the biggest problem in trying to move to 0 nic for many.

This ^

I vape 12 mg nic exclusively, and I have moved down to this from 24 to 18 to 16 and now 12... I have tried to move down to 6.. and 6 just doesn't do it for me, 12 is my rock bottom.. all because even at 6 mg liquid.. I get almost no throat hit. I have to have that throat hit, without a throat hit, I go back to analogs. So i'm sticking to 12 mg liquid because that is just right for me and it gives me the perfect amount of throat hit.

I wish they could come out with something that wasn't a stimulant that could give me a throat hit comparable to nicotine.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I'm so glad I found this subforum. This site is so huge. My goal is to move to 0 nic and ultimately to hopefully then be able to cut down vaping to the occasional activity. I started at 24 mg for about a week, then went to 16 and again down to 12 over the course of the following 3 weeks. I'm now at 6 to 8 mg and occasionally 0 mg.

It was a lot tougher going from 12 to 8 mg than stepping from 24 to 12, for me. I still also occasionally use 12 mg when I need that extra punch for a hit or two. I use VG only juices, so I've re-ordered 6 mg and 0 mg with extra shots of flavor. I think that will help. I've found certain flavors give me more of that TH thing. Banana Nut Bread for one. Though, I like getting thick clouds better than throat hit. Seems more comforting, overall.

I use a Blu Premium 100 with cartomizers and an Ego C Twist with Stardust or vivi Nova.

Former 2 to 3 pack per day smoker.
First Ecig, Blu Disposable - 8 p.m. July 27th, 2012
Last Cigarette, Marlboro Light 100 - 12 p.m. July 28th, 2012

bineva17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Hanoi
I'm 2 to 3 packs per day smoker for 10 years.

Now vaping 4mg and sometimes 0mg. More than 4mg make me tired. But 0mg make me feel like I'm vaping air, even with cinamon and peper mint.

I may try 2mg the next days.

Though, I think nicotine has some positive functions that make us more creative and innovative. It's good when we use just enough dose.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I was a 3 PPD smoker for decades. I've been off the cigs for a little over a year. I started at 24mg, which wasn't enough. After a couple of months, I was still smoking 10 or so a day, mostly after meals. I moved to 30mg juice, and the day I started that, I quit smoking.

I didn't need the 30mg for long. I never used it as an "all day", as the 24 was doing a good job most of the time. I needed the 30mg for times when I'd get cravings, mostly right after eating. Before long, I could use the 24 after meals, so I quit using the 30 mg. (Heck, I still have some of it.)

I used the 24 for several months, then moved to 18. I did that by mixing the last of my 24mg with the 18mg, so I had something roughly around 21. I used that, then moved to the 18 when that was gone. I used this same "in-between step" pretty much every time I moved down a level.

After several months on 18, I moved to 12. And a few months later, at around the beginning of this month (about 2 weeks ago) to 6.

A few days ago, I got some 0mg juice, and mixed it with the 6 so I was vaping 3mg. That seemed to be going well, so I've been "topping it off" with the 0mg. I haven't added any juice with nic in a couple of days, and I'm doing fine. I think it's too early to say that I'm a 0mg vaper and will never use nic again, but I'm darn close, and I expect to be there.

I do have some incentive to be nic free at this point. In about a week, I will be starting a new job, and they will not allow anyone to smoke or vape on the property. (Not even in your car in the parking lot.) You have to leave the property. I'd like to be comfortable going 8-12 hours without a vape by that time, and dumping the nic addiction should make that a lot easier to deal with.

Looking back, I think I could have moved down in nic level a lot faster than I actually did.

Assuming I manage to stick with 0mg vaping, I suspect that at some point, I'll try to set the PV aside and just stop. No vaping at all. I've no idea how well that will work, but at this point, it seems like anything is possible. In just over a year, I've gone from smoking 3 packs a day to essentially 0 nic vaping. It still amazes me.

ECF is a big part of that success. Thanks. :)

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Wow, thanks for the replies guys, it's all a bit of an eye-opener! Well I got my 0mg juices through the post today, loaded up some Koko Blueberry from EasyEliquids which is probably the nicest e-liquid I've had so far (which isn't many at all), absolutely no throat hit whatsoever, but that didn't matter too much when that lovely blueberry taste started kicking in!

In some very strange way, maybe it's just a very powerful placebo effect, but in some strange way I seem to get a slight feeling of satisfaction from the 0mg hits even though I'm getting no nicotine, must be years of associating smoking with the subsiding of nicotine withdrawals, either way whatever it is I'm getting a very slight head-rush and a feeling of satisfaction, so I'm hoping this trend will continue, strangely it's also stopping my feelings of hunger just like cigarettes did too, although I'm pretty confused I'm also very happy!

Thanks for the story AutumnWolf, good to read something like that and see that it can be done. I am very much prepared for the nicotine withdrawals, due to the minimal amount of nicotine I was getting in the last 3 days I have been experiencing the withdrawals, and though they're intense and make me pretty irritable, its nothing I can't handle! (Though I have had two arguments with my girlfriend in the last 2 days lol). Either way it'll all be worth it in the long run, got a nice selection of flavours to hold me over for a good while, and I'm hoping that once the nicotine addiction is beaten I can save vaping as an enjoyable activity I take part in when I want to,not because I have to!

Actually, I could see why vaping 0nic could be relaxing like smoking or vaping with nic. Ever wonder why yogo instructors direct clients to take deep slow breaths? It is scientifically shown to relieve stress. Not to mention the act of inhaling vapor and exhaling huge clouds could prove to be a pychological practice of feeling like you are in control. Like on a stressful day you feel like everything is out of control in your life, YOU control when you exhale that vapor and how much you exhale and if you decide to blow O's. Being in control of a certain element creates a feeling of gaining that control back.

ehh, sorry if my psychologist side is coming out. lol

Last edited:

barefootbabi

Mar 24, 2009
Utah, USA
I used to vape 18 mg but stopped because the older e-cigs were unreliable and I got tired of wasting more money on trying to quit than what I was spending on the bad habit.
A week ago, I bought a new ECG after others has tried and liked it.
My analog cigarette habit was almost 2 PAD of Marlboro Medium 100s so I bought the 2.4 % Vanilla e-liquid to use in my new ECG.
Day 1, full use of liquid.
Day 2, half liquid and added drops of VG as full e-liquid was depleting. By the end of the day, I'm guessing, the amount of e-
liquid remaining was less than 10%.
Day 3, emptied and rinsed out cartomizer with alcohol and started fresh. Added VG to almost full. Added 3 drops Lorann's flavoring, then added about 3-4 drops of vanilla nicotine.
Day 4 - 7, all VG and Lorann's. No nicotine and I haven't missed the nicotine whatsoever since day 4.
Days 2 & 3, I did want to vape longer and deeper so I'm sure I was missing the nicotine then but it wasn't horrible.
I hope this info helps someone step down on the nicotine. Now I'm trying to kick the hand to mouth habit. That seems to be the hardest but knowing I can vape seems to make it easier.
Also, from day 1 on, no analogs whatsoever and I live with another smoker not trying to quit so it's possible.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
I used to vape 18 mg but stopped because the older e-cigs were unreliable and I got tired of wasting more money on trying to quit than what I was spending on the bad habit.
A week ago, I bought a new ECG after others has tried and liked it.
My analog cigarette habit was almost 2 PAD of Marlboro Medium 100s so I bought the 2.4 % Vanilla e-liquid to use in my new ECG.
Day 1, full use of liquid.
Day 2, half liquid and added drops of VG as full e-liquid was depleting. By the end of the day, I'm guessing, the amount of e-
liquid remaining was less than 10%.
Day 3, emptied and rinsed out cartomizer with alcohol and started fresh. Added VG to almost full. Added 3 drops Lorann's flavoring, then added about 3-4 drops of vanilla nicotine.
Day 4 - 7, all VG and Lorann's. No nicotine and I haven't missed the nicotine whatsoever since day 4.
Days 2 & 3, I did want to vape longer and deeper so I'm sure I was missing the nicotine then but it wasn't horrible.
I hope this info helps someone step down on the nicotine. Now I'm trying to kick the hand to mouth habit. That seems to be the hardest but knowing I can vape seems to make it easier.
Also, from day 1 on, no analogs whatsoever and I live with another smoker not trying to quit so it's possible.

Congratulations! I do intend on going to no nic one day. Right now I just enjoy the psychological benifits of nicotine like alertness, being able to concentrate, the relaxation of getting the rush from nicotine. However I am one of those vapers who intend on vaping forever. I used to say I would smoke forever if it didn't kill me. Well now I can have that sort of luxury, except for vaping is better tasting, cheaper, more enjoyable, and funner. ;)

But as a buddhist, I kick myself for being so attatched to a drug. Even though it's just a small stimulant such as nicotine. I am however growing less fond of throat hit and more fond of vaper and flavor. And the nicotine headaches are irritating being a chain vaper.

MidgardDragon

Feb 10, 2013
TN
My situation is probably a lot different from those of you that were hardcore addicted. I've never had a huge problem "putting them down" and would go years between packs of smokes (yes, I did inhale). I craved the action more than anything so got some 0 nic cig-a-likes and enjoy them plenty. No desire for nicotine specifically, just enjoy the flavor and action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread