Status
Not open for further replies.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Wow this is an awesome topic. I'm going to try 0 nic im vaping at 6mg at the moment. Will higher voltage give you more TH?

You will get many differing opinions on the 0-nic/throat hit controversy. I think myself that everyone is different and just needs to play around with everything they can to find their own sweet spot. Personally, VG based 0-nic juice vaped at around 4.7 volts with a low resistance carto gives me what I consider to be a good throat hit. Good luck to you and welcome to ECF! :)

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
Wow, thanks for the replies guys, it's all a bit of an eye-opener! Well I got my 0mg juices through the post today, loaded up some Koko Blueberry from EasyEliquids which is probably the nicest e-liquid I've had so far (which isn't many at all), absolutely no throat hit whatsoever, but that didn't matter too much when that lovely blueberry taste started kicking in!

In some very strange way, maybe it's just a very powerful placebo effect, but in some strange way I seem to get a slight feeling of satisfaction from the 0mg hits even though I'm getting no nicotine, must be years of associating smoking with the subsiding of nicotine withdrawals, either way whatever it is I'm getting a very slight head-rush and a feeling of satisfaction, so I'm hoping this trend will continue, strangely it's also stopping my feelings of hunger just like cigarettes did too, although I'm pretty confused I'm also very happy!

Thanks for the story AutumnWolf, good to read something like that and see that it can be done. I am very much prepared for the nicotine withdrawals, due to the minimal amount of nicotine I was getting in the last 3 days I have been experiencing the withdrawals, and though they're intense and make me pretty irritable, its nothing I can't handle! (Though I have had two arguments with my girlfriend in the last 2 days lol). Either way it'll all be worth it in the long run, got a nice selection of flavours to hold me over for a good while, and I'm hoping that once the nicotine addiction is beaten I can save vaping as an enjoyable activity I take part in when I want to,not because I have to!

Last edited:

Oridean

Mar 19, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
My plan is the same to get to 0mg. I think if you have your mind set on that then it will happen. I do suggest that if you are stressed out or have a lot on your platter that you do not go directly to 0mg. I would even suggest cutting it down to 6or 4mg.

That is one reason why i switched to e-cig because of he DIY e-juice capabilities. I can limit the amount of nic coming into my system and regulate it as needed. Once you find that juice flavor that you like it will make it easier.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You will get many differing opinions on the 0-nic/throat hit controversy. I think myself that everyone is different and just needs to play around with everything they can to find their own sweet spot. Personally, VG based 0-nic juice vaped at around 4.7 volts with a low resistance carto gives me what I consider to be a good throat hit. Good luck to you and welcome to ECF! :)

Unfortunately, you are the big exception to the rule. 0 nic for me and most, even with higher voltage models still = no throat hit. I read a post the other day from someone vaping 0 nic and stated it was the same as vaping 24mg nicotine strength eliquid. I guess the other 25 people who responded could be wrong and he was the only one who could see the light. But some people don't want TH, so it will work for some.

This is actually my first post on this site! I quit smoking about two years ago, and weaned myself off of nicotine slowly until I was at 0mg. I was then able to drop the device as well. I probably should have kept using it however-I started up again after three months. I quit again on February 9th without e-cigs, and I've been doing well. I actually am getting a new PV today, and I'm going straight 0mg. I've broken the nic habit, I just can't stop wanting to hang out at the smoke pit with everyone else! haha

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried 0mg in a tank on my 510-t and I don't have any throat hit at all ... So that's a no go for me. You could add that "flash" liquid to get the throat hit ... But that doesn't really cut it. Should try it in my smok dual coil cartos ...

If I get the same throat hit with 0mg as 11/12mg it's fine for me. I tried 6mg and that was just a tad light on throat hit for me. I prefer the 11/12mg range. But what I did notice is. I used to need a smoke after a meeting etc. Now I don't need it anymore ... I can go on for hours without vaping ... Just kidding. I am not addicted anymore like I used to ... I just vape whenever I can and this isn't forced like it used to be. So thats already a big difference for me. If I could do the 0mg I would

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I tried 0mg in a tank on my 510-t and I don't have any throat hit at all ... So that's a no go for me. You could add that "flash" liquid to get the throat hit ... But that doesn't really cut it. Should try it in my smok dual coil cartos ...

If I get the same throat hit with 0mg as 11/12mg it's fine for me. I tried 6mg and that was just a tad light on throat hit for me. I prefer the 11/12mg range. But what I did notice is. I used to need a smoke after a meeting etc. Now I don't need it anymore ... I can go on for hours without vaping ... Just kidding. I am not addicted anymore like I used to ... I just vape whenever I can and this isn't forced like it used to be. So thats already a big difference for me. If I could do the 0mg I would

I agree with these comments.

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
Hey guys so today was the first day where I had absolutely no nicotine and just had a bit of 0mg blueberry e-liquid in my ego (koko liquid blueberry, lovely flavour although absolutely no throat hit on a lr vision ego with ego-T battery at 100% PG!)

And I'm glad to say, it went exceptionally well, strangely I had LESS cravings when vaping the 0mg than I did having the one or tw vapes on the 18mg, I think as for the near future I will be vaping 0mg exclusively (except maybe when I drink) and am hoping this trend of no cravings continues! I do still get a strange satisfaction from vaping the 0mg, and maybe even a very very mild headrush, however it's enough to stop me wanting to smoke a cig/vape more, either way, very happy with the progress so far!

Last edited:

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well 6mg is doable ... but it's still a little light on throat hit for me. And I vape mostly menthol. I also tried the various "Flash" liquids where you need to add a few drops to get some throat hit. But that stuff isn't working that well for me. It's a bit too much on the throat and doesn't resemble the real deal for me

There is also from what I've read something called "Herbal" which is supposed to be 0mg nicotine, and which should give throat hit. I am going to order it sometime ... who knows

But as long as you are staying of analogs, the nicotine aint going to kill you. I am not saying nicotine is a good thing. But it's already better then what you were doing before. You could also lower in steps if you want

Like order 24mg and 12mg ... And make 18mg out of it. Or order 12 and 6mg to make 8mg ... It might work for you if you really want the 0mg to take it with small steps that are barely unnoticeable

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
To be honest a way to get good throat hit on a 0mg will definitely be a very welcome development! Second day on 0mg today and once again I felt no real cravings or anything, I did vape a little more than I usually do and now I can feel my heartbeat in my chest which is a little irritating, but I'd get it a lot worse with analogues so it's not a big deal. Although I was suprised I got this off 0mg nicotine but ah well.

I think that's confirmed it then, from now on I'm all about the 0mg, to those who aren't sure I would really recommend just getting a bit of 0mg and seeing how it goes

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I accidentally wound up with 0 nic when my taste buds went crazy and every juice I had tasted too strong. To have something to vape I picked up some straight VG at the hobby store and tried it by itself...found out as long I could make a cloud of vapor I was satisfied.... Now I vape from 0 to 16, because that is what I have on hand...

I don't think the TH thing is a matter of right or wrong. Like most things vapewise it is a matter of personal preference.

If I don't care about TH or have to have it, if I use 0 nic or 36, if I vape every minute or just once a day it is just what works for me... every bit of info on how others are getting it done helps me figure it out but none of it is gospel.

Enjoy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread