Help throat hit 0mg??? rebuildable mod vs clearomizer type atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHIT0MG

Sep 12, 2014
USA
Im new to this e cigarettes and mechanical mods. ive started off with a kanger tech pro 2 e cig pen type. ive change it to a pro tank mini 3 style. Then ive started to move on to a m16 clone with a rebuildable with a cotton ball. I made a new coil using a drill bit and shaping it.
Ive been vaping the 0mg for a while and from different styles of vendors. ive bought a 0mg e liquid from a shop near my area. I looked through the collection of 0mg and they seem to look all yellow looking e liquids. most of the e liquids ive bought that are 0mg e liquids are mainly clear looking e liquids?
Is this shop legitimate ive bought it from locally. It says on the bottle 0mg. if my
E liquid is yellow looking does it really mean it has nicotine in it?
I don't want nicotine juice thats why i buy the 0mg.
Especially since the shop makes their own e liquids. Im worried if I bought a e liquid with 0mg nicotine.

Also what is the difference between the regular kanger tanks e liquids vs vaping it in a mechanical rebuildable coil mod?
Ive tried the new 0mg nicotine and it seems to feel throat hit ive almost choked when inhaling this liquid?
did the shop sell me some nicotine e liquid even if its 0mg liquid?

is all 0mg liquids supposed to be clear looking vs yellow looking e liquids that contain nicotine in it??
its my first time trying this different colored e liquid?
the shop says its non nicotine? is it a lie?:facepalm:

amtseung

Sep 22, 2014
California
Welcome to ECF and to vaping in general! Glad to have you aboad!

Intros out of the way, I'm slightly wary of what I've just read. If you were a smoker, then you should know what a nicotine buzz feels like. If you're not getting a nicotine buzz from this, it clearly doesn't have nicotine in it. There's nothing wrong with vaping as a non-smoker, but something in me always throws me for a loop when I hear of non-smokers imitating what smokers did to (painfully) quit smoking.

If it's yellow, it's yellow. Not all liquids come out clear, and half the time, the yellow is just an added colour. I don't think any natural liquids on this planet come in neon pink...

Differences between a kanger and rba/rda/rta:
1.) size
2.) heat produced; a kanger's coils don't produce a lot of heat. They're not meant to. An rda is, as anything that is rebuildable, adjustable in terms of how much heat you decide to put out. That is determined by your build, its resistance, and overall wick:coil:air surface area ratio. Aaaaaaand this is where rebuilding gets horribly complicated and people start breaking out their old fluid dynamics textbooks from uni.
3.) air flow; Another case where my old fluid dynamics textbooks come in more handy than I thought. Jokes aside, an RDA is going to give much more airflow than a kanger, and can be taken to a drill press to customize the airflow. More airflow is not always better, but having enough in proportion to the amount of heat you're producing is key. Also, if you're cloudchasing, you're going to want A LOT more air than someone who is flavour chasing. When you've figured out which route you want to take, then you get whipped away into wonderland with caterpillars smoking hookah and... wait no I mean the world of vaping becomes yet again more complicated.
4.) price. an RDA can cost quite a bit more than a kanger. It's meant to do quite a lot more than a kanger. I see it as an investment, and take good care of my gear.
5.) adjustability. an RDA is nearly infinitely adjustable, except for its shape and chamber size... Well, I guess it isn't infinitely adjustable, but it is very much more adjustable than a kanger. A kanger is plug and play, while an RDA is a hobbyist thing. Rebuilding, testing, modifying, trial and error, all come with using an RDA. There is no one tried and true method. Everyone's fine motor skills are different, and not everyone's experience level is the same. Warning: may come with blisters from splattering eliquids and butterfingers on bare coils.

I hope this helped, as I just put up the wall of text most people would turn away from immediately. If you managed to read all the way to here, props to you. :D
Good luck!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Im new to this e cigarettes and mechanical mods. ive started off with a kanger tech pro 2 e cig pen type. ive change it to a pro tank mini 3 style. Then ive started to move on to a m16 clone with a rebuildable with a cotton ball. I made a new coil using a drill bit and shaping it.
Ive been vaping the 0mg for a while and from different styles of vendors. ive bought a 0mg e liquid from a shop near my area. I looked through the collection of 0mg and they seem to look all yellow looking e liquids. most of the e liquids ive bought that are 0mg e liquids are mainly clear looking e liquids?
Is this shop legitimate ive bought it from locally. It says on the bottle 0mg. if my
E liquid is yellow looking does it really mean it has nicotine in it?
I don't want nicotine juice thats why i buy the 0mg.
Especially since the shop makes their own e liquids. Im worried if I bought a e liquid with 0mg nicotine.

Also what is the difference between the regular kanger tanks e liquids vs vaping it in a mechanical rebuildable coil mod?
Ive tried the new 0mg nicotine and it seems to feel throat hit ive almost choked when inhaling this liquid?
did the shop sell me some nicotine e liquid even if its 0mg liquid?

is all 0mg liquids supposed to be clear looking vs yellow looking e liquids that contain nicotine in it??
its my first time trying this different colored e liquid?
the shop says its non nicotine? is it a lie?:facepalm:

Some liquids are yellow; actually most seem to be yellow; and some are darker; if I ever see a blue one, then I'd raise an eyebrow, and I wouldn't vape it.

How eliquids taste vape depends on the details of the coil - length and gauge of wire used - and they wicking.
On a rebuildable you have more space to build a coil than on a clearomizer like the kanger clearomizers; the clearomizers use 34, 32 and 30 gauge sized kanthal; on rebuildables with more space, people generally use thicker wire such as 28 gauge.

iHIT0MG

Sep 12, 2014
USA
help i have a problem with vaping using my mod with a rda rebuild with cotton.
i use the 24 gauge wire with cotton wire in my rebuildable atomizer. The problem is i take a hit and it feels like it burns my throat.
im a very noob using this type of equipment. i use the 0mg nicitone e liquid that don't have anything.
The problem is that why is it i cant even to smoke the dang thing.
need help the flavor is stronger when vaping with my mod but the kangertech vape pen i use has very less flavor. and smoother feel safer and no throat hit for me.
is this normal? it feels like the vape is burning hot and i burn my lungs/throat to vape using my mod.
the throat hit kicks my throats .... I always choke. i vaped the liquid once and i had a weird headache. ive stopped using my mod for a while. It feels weird. Is this normal? i only use 0mg e liquid.
like it burns my throat or lungs. i put a clearomizer on my mod and it seems to not burn just smooth throat hit.

Last edited:

elenamylove

Sep 16, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
People make mistakes, it very well could be color from the flavoring or nicotine accidentally added to your batch. Also, I noticed my juice changes to a darker color in my Aerotanks pretty fast but they still vape and taste fine.

If its bothering you (and I think it is) simply ask the store to exchange it out for another bottle to try. :p

iHIT0MG

Sep 12, 2014
USA
ok i catch the problem. I think the coil i made was too much of a burn. It is very hot and burns my throat even with the 0mg and its not as satisfing it feels worse than smoking a cigarette. i can't even breath inhale the whole breath. its too strong for me.

ok i need some help. what would be a good size gauge wire as well as resistance. i didn't check the resistance i just made loops and coiled them.
also whats the diffrence with the cotton vs the other threading for coil soaking in coils.

i need help what would be a good setup that would give me no throat hit with a dual setup rda. what coil would be good for a smooth setup. i want to have a setup almost simmilar to my kangertech mod but with more flavor and less throat hit than my previous 24 gauge setup?
i need help its very strong to hit the one i made.
i want it more flavor but without a burning lung throathit feeling. almost like a kangertech mini protank hit..

please let me know what to check resistance how and what are some goods setup i should do to get the setup.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I would take a step back and realize what you are doing is dangerous. Not checking coils is a no no. Get an ohm meter for coil builds or a multi meter. 28 gauge is pretty friendly to work with once you have done your research. Depending on how long you have been burning a potentially low ohm cool those batteries also need to be checked. This stuff is fun but dangerous the way you are going about it. Go to a shop and have them build a cool so you see what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread