Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Rain continues, and even snow higher up. Cooler temps for a while (about 10 below normal), so even that might stick around for a bit. We'll take it!

1714397503379.png

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning. Going to 84 and partly cloudy today.

A bit warm for working outside on a raised garden, but we'll just take it easy. I found a local garden center yesterday and bought some plants. Now I have to find a place to get a load of garden soil so we can fill it and get some veggie plants in.

It would help if I actually posted this, but I headed outside before taking care of that. I got some of the flowers I bought potted up, but we still haven't decided where to put the raised garden. Mike made a rudimentary frame that we've been moving around the yard while we watched how much sun that spot would get. We're pretty sure it's going to end up in the back yard, but we've changed our minds several times so who knows.

Meanwhile, we're still having to force some thyroid medication into our Maggie cat twice a day. Ever had to give a cat liquid medicine by squirting it into their mouth? Dogs seem to be much easier to fool.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    1963 vs 1969, what time of change. And not limited to hair styles. Who else came of age during that era?

View attachment 1012105
    I graduated in '67 and could never get any of those hairstyles to work for me. Even ironing my curly hair didn't work very well. I did however have the skinny down.

Life was so much simpler then.

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    Good morning. Going to 84 and partly cloudy today.

A bit warm for working outside on a raised garden, but we'll just take it easy. I found a local garden center yesterday and bought some plants. Now I have to find a place to get a load of garden soil so we can fill it and get some veggie plants in.

It would help if I actually posted this, but I headed outside before taking care of that. I got some of the flowers I bought potted up, but we still haven't decided where to put the raised garden. Mike made a rudimentary frame that we've been moving around the yard while we watched how much sun that spot would get. We're pretty sure it's going to end up in the back yard, but we've changed our minds several times so who knows.

Meanwhile, we're still having to force some thyroid medication into our Maggie cat twice a day. Ever had to give a cat liquid medicine by squirting it into their mouth? Dogs seem to be much easier to fool.
    If Maggie is really fighting her Thyroid meds, you might want to check into getting the ear gel from a compounding pharmacy. It a little more money than the pills (I never had liquid), but it seemed to preserve the friendship between me and the cat. I was able to have my vet tailor the dose to be a small dot of goop instead of the larger ribbon that was the default because my pharmacy made their own gels. They did offer mail order service and I can share the information with you if you decide to try them.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    If Maggie is really fighting her Thyroid meds, you might want to check into getting the ear gel from a compounding pharmacy. It a little more money than the pills (I never had liquid), but it seemed to preserve the friendship between me and the cat. I was able to have my vet tailor the dose to be a small dot of goop instead of the larger ribbon that was the default because my pharmacy made their own gels. They did offer mail order service and I can share the information with you if you decide to try them.
    Janet said our vet mentioned the gel but said it’s very expensive. We’ll have to check into this though. Please send the info to Janet.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

We may have some sun breaks today. Or not :)

And a brisk 33 overnight, bodes well to keep the high up snow snow for a bit longer.

Ever had to give a cat liquid medicine by squirting it into their mouth? Dogs seem to be much easier to fool.

Many times. Practice ;) And yeah, dogs will eat anything!

1714571411482.png

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Is there still an Old Folks thread?

Hi, everyone! :pervy:

Did anyone know that there is a 'Provape' website?

ETA: The reason I found out about Provape is that I'm looking around for a new device.

I'm looking for a device with a disposable, rechargeable battery and refillable pods. I've been using CaliburnG for a while. But, last time I went to buy more pods, they told me they don't make them anymore. I'll need to find something else, something less outdated. :(

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Is there still an Old Folks thread?

Hi, everyone! :pervy:

Did anyone know that there is a 'Provape' website?

ETA: The reason I found out about Provape is that I'm looking around for a new device.

I'm looking for a device with a disposable, rechargeable battery and refillable pods. I've been using CaliburnG for a while. But, last time I went to buy more pods, they told me they don't make them anymore. I'll need to find something else, something less outdated. :(
    That Provape site has been around for a long time but it isn't the 'original' Provape as it closed. Not the same owners or products to my knowledge.

Not sure what device you are looking for. I think the Caliburn wasn't a disposable but a pod type. There is a fairly new pod that has a disposable battery, you can search reviews for it, @hittman recently reviewed it iirc. Personally, I really like the Xros for a pod type.

I think the Old Folks thread closed due to no activity.

Users who are viewing this thread