Thoughts on Temperature control

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeval

Aug 18, 2015
Foggy Hills
temperture control or "burn prevention" if you prefer, on kanthal is worth waiting for.
the problem with the 'temperature control' devices that only do it with nickel and titanium etc, is that you have to use very low ohm coils

TC, or DHP on kanthal is actually here... as in right now... Asolo 200w TC, does that (it works) plus, it does the traditional TC with Ni and Ti that everyone else is doing right now... So... no need to wait... and yes, I think it is worth it... some say 165$ is high for the box... but that is still cheaper than some of the stick VW mods that are out... Add in that the snowwolf that everyone solid their pants over came out at 200$ and never did any type of Kanthal TC... yeah... I think it is worth it... but... you don't have to pay 165$.... I see this Asolo going for 100$ on ebay... at least right now....

I have one, but am actually thinking of garbing a second at that price..

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
temperture control or "burn prevention" if you prefer, on kanthal is worth waiting for.
the problem with the 'temperature control' devices that only do it with nickel and titanium etc, is that you have to use very low ohm coils

As I mentioned in my long-winded post (I don't blame you for not reading it lol):

Nickel wire is essentially "non-resistance" wire. By default (with no temperature applied) it has a crazy-low resistance, like .08 ohms per inch or something. For this reason, building a nickel coil implies it's going to be a low ohm build, and as a result, it's definitely not going to be usable on any non-TC device. Just so you know. People worry about amp limit, but the device is regulating the voltage to fit your temperature, so it's never actually going to pump out a full 5V to your .1 ohm nickel coil. Assuming the chip is working right, of course..

thedeval

Aug 18, 2015
Foggy Hills
I don't think there were enough periods in that post...

hhmmm..... well let me see what I can do about that................ (............) ...

please feel free to ... along with the beat of the keyboard as you feel the spirit move ya.... . . ..... . . . ..... . . . ..... .. . .. ... ... ...

(...???...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread