Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    IMG_1881.jpeg

I will have the same panels on the lime green dot.
    My White dotaio v1 will also get the same style panels, atty I'm not sure what I'm buying, must be very good at mtl is a condition though.
    Maybe one more Sturdy One, maybe a dotshell in a different color...or maybe a new atty has arrived before I've got hold of the panel I'm going to have.

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    View attachment 1011479

I will have the same panels on the lime green dot.
    My White dotaio v1 will also get the same style panels, atty I'm not sure what I'm buying, must be very good at mtl is a condition though.
    Maybe one more Sturdy One, maybe a dotshell in a different color...or maybe a new atty has arrived before I've got hold of the panel I'm going to have.
    I really like both colors you selected, now you have me thinking. Im definitely getting me another one. I wish I would've taken interest in DotMods earlier. It's never to late to enjoy a vape...

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I really like both colors you selected, now you have me thinking. Im definitely getting me another one. I wish I would've taken interest in DotMods earlier. It's never to late to enjoy a vape...
    The red one was the first Dot I bought, after that I bought two that are limited version, one of them was v1 type.
    I'm happy with the ones I have, sooner or later I'll buy myself an rba mtl for the last dot I have.
    I like the size of the dot v1 and 2, and the ergonomics, superb.

I won't have the new one, dot x, I don't like the look of it at all.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    The red one was the first Dot I bought, after that I bought two that are limited version, one of them was v1 type.
    I'm happy with the ones I have, sooner or later I'll buy myself an rba mtl for the last dot I have.
    I like the size of the dot v1 and 2, and the ergonomics, superb.

I won't have the new one, dot x, I don't like the look of it at all.
    With you and @badinfluence357 showing pics of your dots, I'm starting to get interested again. I bought a Tita a while ago and got a few bridges (including Dotshell ) but didn't fall in love. Might have been the device.
    Time to re-evaluate

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I gave my Abyss a deep clean today.
    Fair bit of gunk and crap inside. I'm not a messy vaper - like to keep devices in good condition - so was surprised. It was mainly around the atty pos and where the af ring joins the frame.

One of mine drains batteries and it might be too late and cleaning won't help. The second one was just a backup and didn't see much use. The third one (they only originally came in three colors) I only fired up to make sure everything worked.

Then when the Abyss DNA60 Stormtrooper came out, I bought four of them and two are still sealed in the packaging. I then quit using the original Abyss and just used the two Stormtroopers, Since they are made of white Delrin, a bright light you can somewhat see inside of them. And the one I used the most looks damp inside and I should take it apart to clean it. These are my only Delrin mods and I love them. There aren't any scratches or any marks on them. Mine hasn't yellowed either, but they don't see much sunlight either. Delrin is really tough stuff. I think SXK should do a Delrin BB.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    And I dropped in a new Tallboy Tech boro. From the pictures and the review videos, I'd guess the handle and the rest of it was made of plastic. But surprisingly it's not! It is all metal. It even sports a spring loaded gold plated pin for the coil. It is really nicely thought out and executed.

No leaks. And condensation the lowest I've ever seen in a boro device. I'm using a solid panel and not the xray one with a cutout. Only a very small mist spot ever forms inside of the panel. I kept taking the Tallboy out looking for anything else and nothing. Everything else is completely dry. Only after 8 tank fills I found a faint mist spot near the drip tip inside of the boro well.

I am super impressed. Needless to say I will be getting more of these. :greengrin:

I did get more of them. And now almost two months later, I'm still very impressed with virtually no condensation and absolutely no leaks yet. Without the Xray panel, condensation can buildup inside the panel. With the Xray panel, it exits right out into the air.

Still trying to figure out why artifacts can appear on the paint with Stubbys. Yet other painted aluminum mods it doesn't happen. I think this is the case because I don't think they use a sealer over the paint like other mods. I also learned just about any cleaner will clean off those artifacts very quickly.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    One of mine drains batteries and it might be too late and cleaning won't help. The second one was just a backup and didn't see much use. The third one (they only originally came in three colors) I only fired up to make sure everything worked.

Then when the Abyss DNA60 Stormtrooper came out, I bought four of them and two are still sealed in the packaging. I then quit using the original Abyss and just used the two Stormtroopers, Since they are made of white Delrin, a bright light you can somewhat see inside of them. And the one I used the most looks damp inside and I should take it apart to clean it. These are my only Delrin mods and I love them. There aren't any scratches or any marks on them. Mine hasn't yellowed either, but they don't see much sunlight either. Delrin is really tough stuff. I think SXK should do a Delrin BB.
    I was too slow and missed out on the DNA 60 Stormtrooper Abyss. I'm jealous Bill. Such a cool mod.
    Delrin is so nice in the hand.
    I reckon if SXK did a delrin BB they'd sell well. Hopefully they'd release a "revision " version with all the extra cut-outs.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I was too slow and missed out on the DNA 60 Stormtrooper Abyss. I'm jealous Bill. Such a cool mod.

The feeling is mutual. You have many mods that I missed out on. ;)

Delrin is so nice in the hand.

It is. I'm not sure why there are so few of Delrin mods. More expensive than aluminum and about same price as SS I think.

I reckon if SXK did a delrin BB they'd sell well. Hopefully they'd release a "revision " version with all the extra cut-outs.

That would be very sweet. :greengrin:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I'm not sure why there are so few of Delrin mods. More expensive than aluminum and about same price as SS I think.
    You got me thinking about delrin mods and why most are black and/or white. I did a quick search.
    Here's a link to Wikipedia.

I also vaguely remembered SXK having released a delrin frame -before the coloured aluminium ones. They did - Here

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Purple bb, step one:
    IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1887.jpeg

I'm going to redo my first bb so that I can connect to escribe without removing the screen connector as this one will be.

My red dot v2 has received the correct battery wrap:
    IMG_1886.jpeg

Placed last order with 2FDeal, I prefer transparent panel, so bought for all my bb projects and dotaio's.
    With luck, the package will arrive with me next month.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    A little DNA 60 beginner question.
    I see other DNAs like 75 and 75C, that the grounding goes through the chipset from the battery - to the output -, that it is more the modder's design of where he wants to solder the grounding on the chipset.
    Does this also apply to DNA 60?
    It would be nice to be able to solder ground to the chipset at out - instead of battery negative.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Should be fine wired that way @Tor R.
    Thanks so much mate, you know a lot more about dna than I will ever learn.
    With the grounding on the output - I get much better cabling, and better access to the usb plug, which actually worked well today when I upgraded the firmware.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks so much mate, you know a lot more about dna than I will ever learn.
    With the grounding on the output - I get much better cabling, and better access to the usb plug, which actually worked well today when I upgraded the firmware.
    Tor when you have wired your DNA 60 that way could you please post photos? Sounds like I might go that way in my next build. I have a 2019 BBV Piebald that needs a new board.
    20240424_125127.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread