Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Themes are not easy nor difficult to create. They can fall between the two. You can create an easy theme which falls under easy. Or a very complex theme which borders on difficult. Probably the best way to learn is by disassembling other themes.

But you're probably asking about themes for the DNA60C and 80C. Since these screens are different than all others before. And I haven't seen any of these just released. I can only say I assume the idea is the same. Just the screen size is different.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Themes are not easy nor difficult to create. They can fall between the two. You can create an easy theme which falls under easy. Or a very complex theme which borders on difficult. Probably the best way to learn is by disassembling other themes.
    This, and IMHO start with the default.
    You'll notice there is NO wallpaper, yet all the screens will have a black background, yet you could have 3 different ones. You could create a wallpaper to denote 'something'.

Look at the 'main screen' last as that is where all the magic happens.

EVERYTHING HERE IS MY OPINION ONLY.

The BB naturally lends itself to be in 'landscape' and with my tired eyes I need clearly legible fonts. Take a cue from the fonts Microsoft and others used for cell phones and other small devices. Microsoft used 'segoe ui' or something like that (all from my head), or like an old calculator font (LED I think). Try different sizes until they're legible for you.

Back to the default, look at the word 'settings'. Like here you'll see that 'g' drops lower than the base line and that is accounted for in the field size. You could either use all caps to take up the field space or icons instead.

You can use one field to suppress another or change what is shown. A good example is from °F to °C which would be a 'toggle'

Finally go to the main screen and from the bottom start moving everything slowly from the bottom to the working area. You'll notice alignment lines appear both horizontally and vertically. Those aid when constructing the screen. By the time you move the 'watts' value you'll see hidden fields appear. Those are conditionals. If you look up to the top, just to the right of the screen, you'll see under what conditions changes are made. I rip out/delete the 'session' (weed stuff) myself.

Once you've got the field sizes, alignment set, you can do an easy 'copy control'/'paste control' then change 'identified' field.

Conditions, Toggles, and user toggles, field sizes, are all on the main screen. Those are what to wrap your head around.

Like I've mentioned before, you can do all this learning on your 250C and take what you now understand to the BB before you begin.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Checking out/cleaning the V2
    20240413_220636.jpg

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Checking out/cleaning the V2
    Looks unbearably tedious and the board's not even out.

The one I'm using right now complete disassembly to that state would be 2 fasteners for the 2 piece battery wheel, and 1 back panel with 3 magnets.

An absolute complete disassembly would add 2 screws to get at the board, 1 piece of wire for the battery positive with 2 solder points, 1 solder point for the boro positive connection, and 3 board screws.

• Winner
    Reactions: BillW50

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Looks unbearably tedious and the board's not even out.

The one I'm using right now complete disassembly to that state would be 2 fasteners for the 2 piece battery wheel, and 1 back panel with 3 magnets.

An absolute complete disassembly would add 2 screws to get at the board, 1 piece of wire for the battery positive with 2 solder points, 1 solder point for the boro positive connection, and 3 board screws.
    It'd be tedious if it was regular maintenance but this was just a one-off look to check it out. More exploratory fun than a chore.
    I agree that they've made it unnecessarily fiddly to strip down. Not in the same league as a Stubby or a Raga.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Some quick composition to see where the screen centers, and if I have to make one or two pom inserts:
    IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

And since I'm a bit fussy, there will be 2 pom inserts to get it right here.

That's why I bought the 2mm pom plate, I knew what was coming.
    Around 0.5-1mm towards the frame, and the rest towards the control switch.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    It was screen time for me too.
    I'd thought that my BB dna60 board needed replacing but I dug out an old Supbox Sevo 70 screen and connected it to the og board. Seems fine.

Next steps are to replace the kaput up/down control pcb and wire in a new fire button extension.
    20240504_175225.jpg

This means that the new board and screen I bought from Stealth vape can be used on another project

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    The one from Strangers Mods looks formidable. In my eyes, it is most gorgeous with dna 60C and BF-60.

I have had some small things done with bb3. Maybe not the best picture, but I have pasted 3 pom parts to fill in for the dna 60 c screen.
    IMG_1902.jpeg

Dirko HT is one of the best silicone sealants available, one of the few that does not dissolve in oil and petrol.
    Will assume it holds up against juice..
    IMG_1904.jpeg

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I noticed that some of you guys purchase some goodies from Facebook groups every now and then, some very Nice goodies may I add :thumb:
    Please do steer clear of the group Jb Mfg Design, Log into Facebook the company has recently gone downhill and the owner is starting to take money paid from members for mods and ripping them off. There's a lot of people starting to complain about how much money they lost in other groups.
    I don't think this will affect you for some reason Pigs, you were still allergic to FB last I heard:w00t:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    bb3 is complete:
    IMG_1907.jpeg

It's actually very easy to build it to dna 60c, I plan to buy two more chipsets when they come back to StealthVape or Vape&Make, and use dna 60c in all the bbs.

The first two can sacrifice the DNA 60 chipset for some of my Mixx's

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    It's actually very easy to build it to dna 60c, I plan to buy two more chipsets when they come back to StealthVape or Vape&Make, and use dna 60c in all the bbs.
    What are the advantages of a DNA 60c over the old 60?

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US

Good question. Like you, I'm in the dark too about Evolv's new boards. But I did find this video which walks you through the DNA60C screens. In a nutshell, it is very much like other DNA color boards and sports Replay mode too. And even if you just use wattage mode, it does give you much more information than a DNA60 can.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    I noticed that some of you guys purchase some goodies from Facebook groups every now and then, some very Nice goodies may I add :thumb:
    Please do steer clear of the group Jb Mfg Design, Log into Facebook the company has recently gone downhill and the owner is starting to take money paid from members for mods and ripping them off. There's a lot of people starting to complain about how much money they lost in other groups.
    I don't think this will affect you for some reason Pigs, you were still allergic to FB last I heard:w00t:
    Stabwood king, Thank you for the heads up..I remember when that type of behavior happened with group buys and and private modder list's in the early years of vaping. I don't do F⁸kbook list buys and I think most of the guys in here are seasoned vapers that know better. I speak for myself though, I got tired of list chasing for custom over priced mods that where ...... What also got me was that certain modders started sending mods to be made in China or Philippines and charging lots of pesos...

All that left a bad taste in my mouth, specially when I spent about 10k in high-ended mods and attys in the beginning of the journey just to be in the in crowd. I couldn't even buy spare orings or glass tanks without spending more money. It was ridiculous..
    I would go to a bm vape shop and no one cared what I was vaping on. I remember having these guys laughing at me because I was using my little-azzz 18350 mod and they had these big mods chucking clouds, while I was sucking in juice because my battery would die so fast.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Good question. Like you, I'm in the dark too about Evolv's new boards. But I did find this video which walks you through the DNA60C screens. In a nutshell, it is very much like other DNA color boards and sports Replay mode too. And even if you just use wattage mode, it does give you much more information than a DNA60 can.

Thanks Bill

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    If there is something worth thinking about dna 60 vs dna 60c, it is that C comes with the latest version Replay. Mark Todd said it worked so well that even with Ni80 you didn't get a dry hit when the tank ran out.

I went into escribe and theme setup, changed so that the volt information became the last watt puff info.
    This is the kind of information I want to see on the display when I vape in the TC.
    The other thing I would like to change is to change the position of temp and wattage.
    We at TC rarely change watts, but temperature is mostly what we adjust along the way.

On the DNA 60C it's easy to get to the submenus, and I'm sure we can add more things we can adjust to the mod with escribe.

I need to learn the basics of escribe and theme, like removing the lock system so that the mod is always ready like I have with dna 60.

If you can make the screen shims T, I wouldn't buy anything but the dna 60c in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread