Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
You haven't seen down throttle in years? The dna 60's down throttle now..when you hit the fire button on a depleted battery you will see the wattage go from your setting backwards. So basically if your on lets say 36 watts, your going to see the wattage go down to like 20 someting watts with a depleted battery.
If your not seeing the down throttle, your not looking for it on the screen when your battery is low or your vaping above 1. ohms on very low wattage. Thats the only reason I can think of for you not seeing it..
The Stubby does it too so I dont understand how you haven't seen it.. I wish I knew how to post video's

So maybe it only happens to me because I use SS 22 gage wire with five wraps to vape sub-ohm? Maybe if I use a thinner gage wire to vape above 1. Omhs it won't happen?

My gut tells me its a safety feature that was implemented when people started blowing batteries up in their faces and I don't like it..

Oh I see it on weak batteries for sure. But I don't blame the mod (the Smok M65 example was a mod problem). If the battery can't supply the amps required for the output, it has two choices. Either throttle down or not fire at all. It just happened to me this morning on one of my Stubby 21 AIOs. Been using these Sanyo 20700B cells 15A 4000+mAh that I purchased back in 2018. I used to be able to use them until empty. Not anymore. One started throttling the Stubby at 40%. I'm vaping at 25 watts and the first vape in the morning it throttled down to 20 watts. The second vape it dropped to 15 watts. But this is the battery. It is old and tired and ready for recycling. Of course I tossed in another Sanyo. It's late evening now and the one I tossed in earlier is now empty. So that first one is all charged and I bet it will do the same at 40% again.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Since I like working with mod chipsets, I'm always going to prefer soldering, solderless will always have some risk of bad contacts.

Edit, I don't own Stubby, when I talk about tightening the contact screws well, it's that I see the patent as a weakness.

Solder is fine for some tasks. But I don't have a problem with screws and nuts connections either. All the wiring in my house uses screws for connections. Fusebox, outlets, light switches, everything. Even the light bulbs screw in. Automobiles are the same. Screws, nuts, and plugs everywhere to make connections. Heck even our builds aren't soldered in, but also uses screws. And most mods the battery isn't soldered in either. Could you imagine what soldering in a boro would be like! Who would buy one? So I'm all for screws, nuts, plugs, and sockets for connections. Even for boards. They generally work fine. Same could be said of solder.

Users who are viewing this thread