Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I like replay - have used it with a dna Go.
Thanks for the info Tor.
I might replace the dna 60 in one of my two custom BBs with a 60c (when available) and run a comparison.
I'm a simple vaper. If the board fires faster and is more power efficient, I'll be happy.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Mark Todd said it worked so well that even with Ni80 you didn't get a dry hit when the tank ran out.
    What video would that be in? And that's true for the 100C and 250C but with caveats.
    If you can make the screen shims T, I wouldn't buy anything but the dna 60c in the future.
    Can you do a napkin scribble with dimensions of that, please.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    What video would that be in? And that's true for the 100C and 250C but with caveats.

I think it was maybe on one of his vlogs, he got a delro with dna 60c a while ago, I don't think he has done a review since it was a test copy, but that he was surprised that the replay had such a good dry hit protection with ni80.

I'll sit down tonight and make a good drawing of the guide shims I made for the dna 60c screen. Will include the experience I made of what was difficult to make and how I improvised.
    I haven't tested how it fit with other inner panels, but I at least have a mission clone panel I can test with as well.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I like replay - have used it with a DNA Go.
    Thanks for the info Tor.
    I might replace the dna 60 in one of my two custom BBs with a 60c (when available) and run a comparison.
    I'm a simple vaper. If the board fires faster and is more power efficient, I'll be happy.
    Evolv has already updated the firmwire for the dna 60c, expect quick updates in the future as they come more to market.
    I personally consider the locking system to be what makes everything slow to use, it applies to all C types, so I'm going to theme my dna 75 to remove as much as possible.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    This board you get adjustment on the screen brightness like their other color boards and the stealth options.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Not anymore detail, like what prompted him to even try? Do you have any idea of the month? I'll go look.
    It should be within 2 months and I would start with the vlog he has, I can check if he has a bit more regarding delro and dna 60c in his Patron.
    I think what happened was that he had forgotten to refill and ran out, and that the replay cut off the power before he got a dry hit.
    That it is more sensitive compared to dna 75c and 100c.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    You mean without connecting to escribe?
    Yes, if it's in a theme. It's not in the default theme.
    It would take longer to decide where (new screen or existing) and icons you want, than to add 2 fields (stealth and brightness)
    Yep, screen adjustment is not standard on the chipset (at least not in the menus) we have to escribe.
    But I would like to think there is enough space in the submenus to add a little extra, at least that is what I hope for.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    IMG_1920.jpeg

The shaded on the drawing are the shims I made, they are really just guides for the narrower dna 60c screen.

I only used plastic from some mods I had dismantled, I think the plastic was about 0.7-1mm thick. We can also buy plastic sheets, anything from 0.7mm to 1mm will work well.
    A drop of super glue on each shim is what I did to keep them where they are.

Edit:
    I tested out if the screen was centered to two other inner panels as well and it looks like I'm where I should be.

To avoid complications, the 2.5mm shims are on the side with the control buttons.

The reason why I chose to split the thin shims is because it is difficult to cut as thin as 0.7mm in a full 24mm length, as a rule I get the length a bit correct but never so long that it is enough, so therefore two split.

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Theme will probably take time for me, I think I should find out where I can download icons as well.

But now my dna 60c has had screen strength adjustment, and it works
    IMG_1917.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

I copied the screen bar from the dna 100c.
    I will probably add more to the settings.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    .... I think I should find out where I can download icons as well.
    Anywhere and everywhere. There are free icon sites, or from any theme where you like them. Or create your own.

And thank you for the shim detail. And a Happy Mother's Day to Osa.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Anywhere and everywhere. There are free icon sites, or from any theme where you like them. Or create your own.

And thank you for the shim detail. And a Happy Mother's Day to Osa.
    Thank you for all the helpful tips.
    Øsa is a proud mother, one of her sons has become a champion.

My little theme adventure continues in the DNA 60 C, now with a stealth adjustment in the setup.
    Adjusted the watt letter to be the same as dna 100c, and it has also gained decimals in the main screen.
    Now I feel I did the right thing by buying the dna 60c chipset for the other two bb's I have.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    While you guys have been busy building the NWO of DNA 60C's Ive been out the loop and trying to catch up. Im super interested in the Dna 60c but I cant purchase any in the U.S. I dont feel like paying the conversion fees plus vat and shipping cost to the U.S. Evolv has them out of stock. Anyway I did get some vape mail today and I cant wait to play with it...

20240513_123748.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I dont feel like paying the conversion fees plus vat and shipping cost to the U.S.

We who lives outside of Europe won't pay the VAT at least. And depending on who your CC company is, you might not pay any conversion fees either. And if you do, it's usually only a few cents. As far as shipping goes... it cost me about 35 bucks for two mods and two boards which is very typical.

That PACT Act stopped Evolv from shipping to US customers.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    My cc and bank charges conversion fee's for purchase I make from China...It got so bad they wouldn't except my debit card anymore and specifically wanted a cc card as payment to charge the 6% or whatever else fees they attach. I started sending payments as pp friends and family to 3f to try and avoid the extra fees but the cc company charges 10%, I think Im not 100% sure...

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Raga murder!!! Pictures dont do it justice. This little mod is beautiful in matt black finish as it is in white. I want to say thank you pig's for helping me make that decision. I was going for another Dot, but Im glad I got this one...
    20240513_185744.jpg

Attachments

• 20240513_185502.jpg
      20240513_185502.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread