Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
My first and only rba/rda is the smok scar. I have been very happy with it on the magneto running the setup around 25 watts with .7ohm coils. The only dislike is how got it gets. Sell me on a better rba/RDA!?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I would submit that with your setup, if you take two or three good puffs in a row, no matter what atty you're using, it's going to get hot. My kayfuns do it, my gennies do it, my oddy clone did it. Remember, we heat wire to vaporize liquid, heat will transfer.

Sent via the guys that made Star Trek low tech.

kamil99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Knoxville, TN
i never had a scar but it resembles a cyclone and i have had a cyclone clone. the metal seemed thinner on the clone so if your top cap is also thin metal, the heat will soak and transfer much quicker. my nimbus takes a few pulls to get heated but it stays hot longer. the clone cyclone heated up after 1-2 pulls but would cool off rather quickly as well.
all tops caps will heat up, as will the top of the mod through heat transfer. its what metal does. long slow pulls will expedite it too. it's all an inevitability.

oh and as far as selling you on something, i think my nimbus is great. can find em for 40-50 bucks in the classies here. good dual coil ability.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Personally, I don't care for RDAs. I have an igo W that I use to test different juices, but I could not imagine using it all day, just filling it up with juice. Since you already have begun to master your skills with your Scar, I would say maybe try to build the scar with microcoils.

I'm more of a tank RBA guy. I have all of the GG clones (Ithaka, Odysseus, iAtty) and a Kayfun Lite. All of these attys are incredible in terms of flavor and vapor production. They are pretty much as close as you can get to dripping with a tank. I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the vape of these tanks, especially compared to an RDA.

If the price tag scares you (all of these tanks are over $50), you could try your hand at building an SS mesh wick in a genesis style atomizer. The SS Mesh probably is the best wick for flavor and is even better than dripping. The difficulty is that with SS Mesh, it is hard to build a coil and get it working with no hot spots/shorts. The upside is that it is worth it. You have not tried a juice until you have run it through a mesh wick.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'd say try the oddy dripper with the ceramic. Ceramic does a good job of retaining heat. Use micro coils in the 1.2 - 1.4 range and you should still get a good warm vape without the atty getting quite as hot.

Edit: I should add that I don't have one-I'm just going on some posts I've read, plus some experience with ceramic cups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread