Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I'm new to rebuildables and started out with a smok Scar rda that I picked up from a local B&M shop along with some 32 gauge kanthal wire and 2mm silica wick.

I've done a lot of experimenting over the past few days with coil diameter, number of wraps, single coil and dual coil, different wick materials (silica and cotton), everything, with various results on my iTaste MVP 2.

But while I am able to consistently get an intense amount of flavor and/or throat hit (way to much actually), nothing I do seems to make any amount of vapor. The most I've got is less than half the amount of vapor I get from my Evods or iClear 16's.

I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers. Perhaps airflow and/or the small chamber size is the issue?

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Silly question others wil ask so im saving them the time: what is the pg/vg ratio of your ejuice?

I have juices with a bunch of different ratios: 100% PG, 70% PG / 30% VG, 50% PG / 50% VG, and 100% VG.

Here's a video of Todd reviewing it and setting it up. If you have not got your coils over the air holes, that would cause the issues you're seeing. In any case, it looks like the RDA can produce some really good vapor. Hope this helps :thumb:

I'm an idiot. I was putting the coils across from the air holes, not directly over them. That's most likely the problem.

Tomorrow, I'll build a new coil and position it properly and see how that goes.

Thank you!

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I had my next coil already built, so I took the old one off and put the new one directly over the air hole like you suggested.

Much better. Now the amount of vapor is the same as with my clearomizers, and the overly intense flavor and throat hit are gone. Now it vapes just like my clearomizers but with a nice increase in flavor. Throat hit is the same as with my clearomizers, and that is exactly where I want it.

I'm getting pretty good at making consistent coils at 2 ohms. My last three were 2.0 ohms, 1.9 ohms, and 2.0 ohms.

Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread