Best vape I've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas
I've used offbrand disposables, eGo kits, cartos and clearos, and then RBAs. Namely the Octopus, Trident, smok mini RDA, RSST, Aga T2, Steam Turbine and Aqua.

Easily the best vape I've had yet (and the newest addition):

Kayfun, Tobeco version. 28g coiled in a 1.2 ohm microcoil. Cotton wicking. ~1mm from airhole to coil. AFC about 60% closed. vaping Flavor X (well steeped) from my B&M, 30pg70vg.

Wow. I am legitimately blown away. Almost like the first time I hit an RBA. The vape is substantial (nothing like subohm cloud mode but who cares I have drippers for that), but the flavor... I'm tasting true nuances to my juices that I could only smell before.

Rarely does anything live up to the hype, but jeez. I can see now why these Kayfun models are so popular!!

EDIT: vaping it on a Magneto. Tried it with VV and honestly everything above 3.7V took away from the flavor.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I've used offbrand disposables, eGo kits, cartos and clearos, and then RBAs. Namely the Octopus, Trident, SMOK mini RDA, RSST, Aga T2, Steam Turbine and Aqua.

Easily the best vape I've had yet (and the newest addition):

Kayfun, Tobeco version. 28g coiled in a 1.2 ohm microcoil. Cotton wicking. ~1mm from airhole to coil. AFC about 60% closed. Vaping Flavor X (well steeped) from my B&M, 30pg70vg.

Wow. I am legitimately blown away. Almost like the first time I hit an RBA. The vape is substantial (nothing like subohm cloud mode but who cares I have drippers for that), but the flavor... I'm tasting true nuances to my juices that I could only smell before.

Rarely does anything live up to the hype, but jeez. I can see now why these Kayfun models are so popular!!

EDIT: Vaping it on a Magneto. Tried it with VV and honestly everything above 3.7V took away from the flavor.

the positioning of the air flow and the chimney that concentrates the vapor are what makes the difference.

Flavor, throat hit and vapor are the order of priority that I judge my devices by and the KF's are top notch performers.

happy vaping

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Welcome to the FUN world of the Kayfuns. I have 4 of them and they are the only thing I vape now. I also find they do better on a mechanical mod than they do on a regulated mod. I normally use around 1 ohm coils, so I am getting about 15 watts with a full battery on my mechanicals, and the flavor is spot on. If I try to run 15 watts on any of my regulated mods, I start to get a burnt taste. I do not know why this is occurring.

Harley0227

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Katy, TX, USA
If I try to run 15 watts on any of my regulated mods, I start to get a burnt taste. I do not know why this is occurring.

Ok, this is my issue too....Im really wanting to try a mechanical now....The exception is on my SVD, at 15 watts, the vape is really good, not burnt or muted.

Binigo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I've been with my tobeco KF clone for the past 2 weeks now and it's my go-to atty for when I'm out of the house and RDA's become an inconvenience. Seriously love this thing and how it can go on and on without dry burnt hits if set up correctly.

Haven't tried any long term use on it with any of my mechs tho, mainly stays on my SVD at 9-12 watts with chimney microcoil & cotton @ 1.1 - 1.5 ohms.

Last edited:

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
Welcome to the FUN world of the Kayfuns. I have 4 of them and they are the only thing I vape now. I also find they do better on a mechanical mod than they do on a regulated mod. I normally use around 1 ohm coils, so I am getting about 15 watts with a full battery on my mechanicals, and the flavor is spot on. If I try to run 15 watts on any of my regulated mods, I start to get a burnt taste. I do not know why this is occurring.

I'm gonna take a stab at this one. I assume the VV devices you are using have the standard 33hz chipset. This mean it gets your average voltage by pulsing 6v on and off 33 times a second. The higher the voltage, the more "on" the 6v is. Although it DOES work, its not nearly as good as the same consistent voltage from a mech. A few VV devices do have a much higher frequency and produce a good flat voltage too. The Provari and Evic are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread