White Cloud or Smokeless Image volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Heh, it's funny how no matter what's on your mind, or what decision or purchase you want to talk about, you can find a specific thread for it on ECF. ;) Anywho, here's my little story: after vaping for years, buying bigger mods, and dozens of juices, I finally found my new home at Halo. I've ONLY been using their Sub-Zero juice for the past year, and for the last few months I've only been using Halo batteries (G6 and VV Tritons). I LOVE them. And last year I did try both the Smokeless Image Volt, and the eRoll, but I like Halo a lot more. So I thought I was done. I even got rid of everything else I owned: Lavatube, Vamo, MVP, iTaste, Vmod, blah blah.

...but of course, the itch to shop always gets you. I stumbled on a 15% off coupon for White Cloud this week and couldn't resist, so I just ordered a White Cloud Cirrus 3 kit. I had tried some Zero K disposable Mini Flings last year so I hope I like it.

I'd be interested to hear what you think. I followed a fair amount of your questions about cig-alikes many months ago, and eventually ended up getting an SI Volt setup (and accessories). For me, it hasn't managed to be satisfying enough to merit much use over my other (bigger) stuff, even with its convenience and portability. I keep looking at that White Cloud stuff, and getting the coupons... Please come back and tell us what you think.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I'd be interested to hear what you think. I followed a fair amount of your questions about cig-alikes many months ago, and eventually ended up getting an SI Volt setup (and accessories). For me, it hasn't managed to be satisfying enough to merit much use over my other (bigger) stuff, even with its convenience and portability. I keep looking at that White Cloud stuff, and getting the coupons... Please come back and tell us what you think.

Hello again. :)

In a nutshell, only a day after receiving my White Cloud stuff in the mail, it was already in an envelope being returned to them. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent product line, but it did not have any advantages over my Halo G6 (which is exactly like your Volt).

Like you, I couldn't ONLY own an 808; I'd go insane. I use mine so I can vape during the work day, but I can hardly wait to get home every night to use my variable voltage batteries and clearo tanks. So I was hoping that the White Cloud's fancy battery, ClearDraw (whatever that means) cartomizers, and higher nicotine would give me more satisfaction, but nope. It's right on par with my Halo G6, so there was no sense in owning 2 separate kits. Not to mention, I like Halo's juice more.

Though, you'd think after 4 years I wouldn't be embarrassed to vape an Ego-sized battery in public anymore. :p It's such a shame the media and government are demonizing them.

But now I'm way off-topic. Scotticus93, I'm glad you chose Halo. They have a great sub-forum on ECF, great juice, and better accessories than White Cloud (low res cartos, mini tanks, pass through batts, etc.).

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
So, Machinestatic... Thank you for your feedback. Let me tell you what's keeping me from loving any cigalike--it's a 400 Spinner with a mini T3. It's just so tiny and cute, and it's such a great vape (although, admittedly, it doesn't have a great battery life). Once in a while, I want to blend in with the smokers, but honestly, I think I'm starting to realize that I just don't care enough to give up a good vape. I thought I wasn't done searching for the right cigalike, but maybe I am now. I always appreciate connecting with people on the same search, so thanks again for responding! :)

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
So, Machinestatic... Thank you for your feedback. Let me tell you what's keeping me from loving any cigalike--it's a 400 Spinner with a mini T3. It's just so tiny and cute, and it's such a great vape (although, admittedly, it doesn't have a great battery life). Once in a while, I want to blend in with the smokers, but honestly, I think I'm starting to realize that I just don't care enough to give up a good vape. I thought I wasn't done searching for the right cigalike, but maybe I am now. I always appreciate connecting with people on the same search, so thanks again for responding! :)

Lisa, have you tried the Joyetech eRoll (AKA the Ovale mini)? I've noticed on ECF that lots people that are vaping veterans with big mods and tanks who like having a "cigalike" for portability prefer the eRoll. Its advantage over stuff like the Volt and G6 is that it uses tanks and eGo-C atomizer heads, so there's no gross polyfill that we thought we grew out of. ;)

I must admit that I owned an eRoll for a few weeks last year, gave up, and and gave it to a friend. But I think at the time I was too lazy to refill them, and was still stuck in the "rarrrr, you're only a real vaper if you use the biggest mod ever!" mentality. I think I'm going to purchase one again and give it a fair shot.

It does sound like we are searching for the same thing! Like I said, I am uncomfortable using something like an Ego in public, so I use the 808, but the performance is admittedly disappointing and weak. Sometimes I have to resort to Nicorette nicotine lozenges. Yuck.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I have not tried an eRoll, although I've certainly looked into them many, many times! In fact, I was just looking at one last night. MFS has a 17% off coupon on top of fairly good prices on them, so I was a little tempted. I might end up going that route, someday. Then again, I might just be done searching for a cigalike. I don't really know many smokers anymore, so I'm not that worried about fitting in with them usually. I see more and more people using eGos around town. Plus, I'm a teacher, so it isn't like I can just go out for a "smoke break" at work. I think I'm probably as happy as I'm going to get for stealth with my mini-Spinner and mini-T3. That set up, for me, is good enough to be my "all-day, every-day" vape, although I use 1300 Spinners at home. The quality of the vape is the same, the batteries just last a lot longer. I guess maybe I just need to stop looking for "better." If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :blink: :laugh:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Thank you for the coupon code. I looked it up and saw in another thread that it's supposed to expire tomorrow, so I went ahead and ordered an eRoll (again). I saved over $15 with it. :) When I get it in the mail I'll be sure to share my thoughts. I'm picky and easily disappointed/frustrated when it comes to e-cigarettes so we'll see how this goes my second time around. Like I said, there's only one juice I buy nowadays, and I've sold/given away over a dozen types of mods, batteries, and tanks. :( I've finally admitted to myself over the years that the taste and dangers of analog cigarettes are disgusting, but nothing has yet to simulate the experience and sensation that my stupid brain wants, so I still smoke every once in a while. And it's a bummer because I 100% support vaping and ECF. Sigh.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I'll be interested to hear your (second time around) thoughts on it. Glad it could save you a few bucks! :)

Here is my review: meh. ;) I do not regret buying another eRoll, because it's a really cool little gadget to show off to people who don't vape. But I certainly remember why I didn't use the first one I bought: these tanks are so small! I put on an episode of a TV show (Alias) on Netflix, started vaping, and the tank was empty before the show even hit the halfway point. I simply vape too much to use this thing. I'm going to stick with my Halo gear: the G6 out of the house, the Tritons at home, and working up the courage to bring the Triton out with me instead. Anywho, it's been fun chatting. See you around!

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
You guys are awesome people. I enjoyed reading this even if my thread was slightly hijacked. My roommate said I get more nicotine out of a halo g6 cuz I like the flavor. Currently running torque 56. I'll admit that on stressful days I'll smoke cigs. Been really bad about smoking camel wides (they are so good don't try them). Anyway g6 is what I need to quit ultimately but I used to have ego twist til I broke it. Now I have a k100 for when I want a bigger mod. I'm good to go. I think I can quit. But I'm a college student and have accepted I'll sometimes smoke when I drink and such or super stressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
You guys are awesome people. I enjoyed reading this even if my thread was slightly hijacked. My roommate said I get more nicotine out of a halo g6 cuz I like the flavor. Currently running torque 56. I'll admit that on stressful days I'll smoke cigs. Been really bad about smoking camel wides (they are so good don't try them). Anyway g6 is what I need to quit ultimately but I used to have ego twist til I broke it. Now I have a k100 for when I want a bigger mod. I'm good to go. I think I can quit. But I'm a college student and have accepted I'll sometimes smoke when I drink and such or super stressed.

haha, I did totally hijack your thread, I'm sorry about that. Thanks for being cool about it.

Halo is the best! Have you tried their Tribeca juice? I don't really vape non-menthol anymore, but I highly recommend it. It's like a tobacco mixed with a small bit of vanilla, caramel and spices. It's kind of like what other companies call an RY4 but it's more much complex and the tobacco tastes more "realistic."

Also... whenever I still have a cigarette, it's always got to be a Camel (Crush). :p

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
It's all good. Once again it was interesting. Me and my roommate just ordered a halo tobacco sampler. I'm gonna let the TriBeCa steep for a few days before trying it cuz you only get like 7ml. And when I still smoke it's use a camel wide lol. Right now I bought a pack of camel Turkish royal. I fight the urge to smoke them. I had two yesterday. A lot of my friends smoke and I'm stressed so it's hard to avoid but I'm mostly quitted honestly

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Funny story: the past couple days I've been only using my eRoll as a personal challenge, and I've been really enjoying it.

I guess the bottom line is the Halo G6, Smokeless Image Volt, White Cloud Cirrus, eRoll, gigantic mods, and even the stupid Blu are all good products to SOMEONE out there. Everyone's preferences are different, but as long as they find a tool that they enjoy using, that helps them quit (or even cut down on, like you and me) tobacco cigarettes that is what matters.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Well idk I'm kinda ...... cuz I the g6 is easy to misplace I need to get a case. I washed one of my batteries by accident and it's done and I can't find the other cuz I brought it out to the bar and well I hope I didn't lose it. The life of a college student lol. Been using my mech mod I couldn't lose it or destroy it if I tried. Try halo prime 15. It might be the juice to get me off analogs! It's so good and I can probably just order a new battery or two from halo. They are only like 13 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread