What kind of battery life are you getting from your iTaste VV v3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I'm guessing the comments on this thread would be similar in truth for a innokin SVD as well? I ordered an SVD as my first mod and purchased 2 IMR Panasonic 18650 batteries. Thanks.

Those batteries are in a different universe than itastes and other stick batteries. I run 2600mah 18650's in my SID and it lasts 2 days before needing to switch batteries.

A general rule of thumb is 1hr vape time per 100 mah. It's a very loose rule with many variables but close enough.

ajfiend

Jun 4, 2013
Philadelphia
Yes only have the one currently.

Thanks for the detail Sambuca! I use the wall charger and take off as soon as green goes out. Although I did accidentally leave it on once overnight.

I'll be keeping a close eye on it over the next few days to continue to gauge performance. Currently since last charge I'm at 163 puffs and 3.7 volts of battery with the button still green. I'm just going to monitor until red. I may be asking for an exchange if this keeps up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

NoBS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon, USA
i never bought a "kit", but at $33 - 36, these are the very best batteries that i''ve used. they feel way more consistent than my SLB v-v2Mega or my smoothv 1300.

Itaste VV/VW 3.0 by Innokin - NettMix Custom Vapes

i am using mini davides almost exclusively, and they work a battery pretty hard. i think you either have a crappy battery, or maybe you are over-charging them. (and yellow is OK, red is 3.6 volts. if i knew 1 puff before red, i would charge it then.)
Nice price for walk-in, but if you like the iClear 16 clearo's, for $7 more fasttech will throw in 5 of those with free "slow boat from China" shipping.
Got to admit, NettMix has very reasonable cross country shipping (and at least a week or 2 faster) for only 515 pennies.
Hmm, if you buy 5 of 'em shipping stays the same...
If they had the Chameleon or Pearl Chrome option I'd be tempted!

yotogi

Aug 13, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
Your battery performance doesn't seem too out of line to me. I cannot get a full day out of my VV, which led me to "upgrade" to the MVP 1.0. Since I don't do VW, the 2.0 isn't on my short list although I do miss the sanity checks that the VV provided (battery voltage and atty resistance) especially since they didn't fix the wobble due to the slightly too exposed bottom switch --face-palm--.

I am a pretty heavy vaper (both chain and long draw) which was part of the reason I sought out a higher capacity battery.

ajfiend

Jun 4, 2013
Philadelphia
Thanks yotogi, I'm happy to see that someone thinks I'm on par with normal. I was just really put off that some heavy vaping from 5-10 PM one night killed this thing from a complete charge. I was hoping it would be all I'd need for a night out.

The didn't fix the wobble in the 2.0? Yikes, seems like one of the easier changes they could've implemented. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that for vs and battery life alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
If you are wanting the MVP, being you are already using VW, look at the MVP V2 then. I have a V1 MVP, V3 iTaste stick, as well as an SVD. The MVP is a nice box mod to say the least, even in the original V1 it has nice features and very long battery life, currently my take to work base, fits in my pocket nice and easy even with a T3S on the connector, and my V3 with an Evod goes into my t-shirt pocket as a backup and different flavor device, SVD sits at home most times with my Protanks, RSSTs, or RDAs attached. Won't be getting into the 134 or MVR, but remember you can run the iTaste V3 and MVP in passthrough mode when charging, takes longer to top off the battery, but is one of the nice features of both.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Nice price for walk-in, but if you like the iClear 16 clearo's, for $7 more fasttech will throw in 5 of those with free "slow boat from China" shipping.
Got to admit, NettMix has very reasonable cross country shipping (and at least a week or 2 faster) for only 515 pennies.
Hmm, if you buy 5 of 'em shipping stays the same...
If they had the Chameleon or Pearl Chrome option I'd be tempted!

free shipping for $50 orders, so got 2 v3s for $66, good deal.

i use bccs so no use for iclears. if fast tech ever sells the xpress kit, that would be nice.

NoBS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon, USA
free shipping for $50 orders, so got 2 v3s for $66, good deal.

i use bccs so no use for iclears. if fast tech ever sells the xpress kit, that would be nice.
Interesting, their shipping calculator still showed the same shipping price after $500 in the cart, could be a glitch.
Already have the black, need more options...

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Interesting, their shipping calculator still showed the same shipping price after $500 in the cart, could be a glitch.
Already have the black, need more options...

my bad, 35:

FREE USPS Priority Shipping Orders over $35 CODE:"SHIP35" Expires Sept 30th 2013 (Unlimited Use)

Must apply code at checkout for free shipping

it was on the home page

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
After seeing this thread I decided to experiment with my iTaste VV V3 to see how much use I got out of it. I don't use it exclusively, so for me I can get almost two days of use on a single charge. I typically have one flavor going on my VAMO and another in an EVOD on my iTaste VV to change up flavors and to carry around with me when I go out. The VAMO gets a lot more use in a typical day.

With a 1.9Ω coil and set to 7.5W throughout I ended up getting 172 puffs before the button flashed red and wouldn't fire anymore. I do hit it fairly hard, hitting the 10 second cutoff somewhat regularly.

YMMV, but I wanted to post my results.

I recently purchased the vv3.0 . Im running an iclear 16 . Im vaping at 10 watts and 4.0 volts. Ive got a heavy draw with moderate use. Im getting around 6 to 8 hours vape time.

What would you recomend other than iclears ? Lower ohms mabey ? Ive never even tried cartos. Im still an admitted rookie. Whats a great way to get a nice vape at lower watts and voltage while still getting that hard clean hit with lots of vapor ? Im recently gone to a 80vg/20pg blend for more vapor. I get an extra shot of flavor. It helps.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Juice , tips , settings ect.

Thanks

Ron

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Didn't see this asked, so I will... When you charge, are you taking it off the charger when you get a green light, or do you charge till the light goes out ? Charging till the light goes off is fully charged.

I can get in the neighborhood of 400 off a full charge, but that won't do an entire day. I'm hitting it like a 10 year old kid with a new drum set all day long.

Sent from the north 40 via messenger cow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread