Problem with my iTaste MVP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sounds, to me, like the internal batteries have failed. what you're describing is pretty spot on how my mvp v1 acted when one of the batteries died. I was just reading on innokin's facebook page today that they give vendors a 3 month warrenty, so you should be able to take it back and get it replaced if it's within that time frame. sorry about the bad luck :/

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
I get the 888/1E.1 on my iTaste v3 sometimes. It continues to work, though. I asked the question to the vendor and they didn't know either.
I got this error message twice, only 5 minutes ago, on my iTaste v3. It is the new version with rivets all over the place.

It happened mid-vape. It seems like the unit reboots; At least the puff counter resets. Right now the unit seems to work fine.

I have had earlier experiences with my iTaste turning itself off mid-vape, but I didn't notice any error message those times.

Edit to add: I just emailed Innokin support and asked them what these codes mean.

Edit to add II: After topping up the battery, it happend again. I hope Innokin answers soon.

Edit to add III: I got the error message yet again, and this time I switched to a different clearo. Since then there haven't been any more error messages/reboots. I'm beginning to suspect that this error message/reboot thing simply means that the atty is shorting. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue with mine now. Its been on a steady decline since I bought it in May (101vape). Battery life has been getting shorter and shorter but until recently I thought it was something I was doing. 3 days ago started in with the 888 and 1E1 messages after I foolishly tried to use it as a battery backup. I'm getting between 150-180 pulls before its yellow (130-150) or red (150-180). Guess I'll continue this in the dedicated mvp 2 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread