What kind of battery life are you getting from your iTaste VV v3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajfiend

Jun 4, 2013
Philadelphia
Just got this less than a week ago and I feel like I may have gotten a defective battery as it seems to deplete very fast. I'm only getting about 150 puffs before the battery goes yellow (less than 3.7 v). I'm usually vaping at a very modest 7 watts as well. I saw a video where the reviewer said it takes 350 puffs to get to yellow. I realize that there will be some variance there but I'm not even close to that. In fact I couldn't even take this out for the night without needing to recharge.
I wanted to get everyone else's opinion before I try to exchange mine. I'm not even sure how that's going to work since I used 2 of the iClear 16s. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Ugh. I hate it when they try to pitch a sale with "x amount of puffs" or "equals x cigarettes".

The VV has an 800mAh battery. Some will say this equates to about 8 hours of vaping but that's all very subjective. I started off with 1000mAh Twists and I was lucky to get 5-6 hours out of 'em. (Yes, I tend to chain vape.)

Don't go by the reviews. Don't go by the sales pitch. How long does the battery actually last for you before needing a recharge? Bear in mind, if you're hitting it hard, it's not going to last as long as you'd think.

ajfiend

Jun 4, 2013
Philadelphia
I hear ya Retired1. I'm happy with it other than the battery life. Just mentioning the puff thing because the one reviewer said she got a lot of use before it went to the yellow/mid range of battery life. That is about double what I'm getting so I just want to make sure I didn't get a dud battery.

ajfiend

Jun 4, 2013
Philadelphia
Hahaha, back-ups!!! I also have a Vea and a MVP 2.0 on the way. Just to add, my Vea lasts me a day and half before recharge whereas the v3.0 didn't even last me through my fantasy football draft (5PM - 10PM)...granted I was kind of chain vaping but that is still pretty weak in my opinion and also the reason I wanted to gauge other's experiences. Thanks for the replies!

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Also take into factor your attached tank/atty/clearo/carto plays a lot of factor into the battery life. An attachment at 3.0 ohms will drain the battery faster than an attachment at 1.5 ohms as the battery has to push more volts to reach, you stated 7 watts. Also, a dual coil attachment will drain a battery way faster than a single coil will.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Just got this less than a week ago and I feel like I may have gotten a defective battery as it seems to deplete very fast. I'm only getting about 150 puffs before the battery goes yellow (less than 3.7 v). I'm usually vaping at a very modest 7 watts as well. I saw a video where the reviewer said it takes 350 puffs to get to yellow. I realize that there will be some variance there but I'm not even close to that. In fact I couldn't even take this out for the night without needing to recharge.
I wanted to get everyone else's opinion before I try to exchange mine. I'm not even sure how that's going to work since I used 2 of the iClear 16s. Thanks!

i have 4 of them.

my average "puff count" is, battery goes red:

550 with an evod

500 with a mini-davide

450 with a protank

that said, if you vape one 1 battery exclusively, minus 10 - 20 %. "resting" gives longer battery life.

if you're using plastic clearos, i imagine you should be getting similar counts to the evod. so, yellow after 150 is not correct, should be near 500.

how are you charging them? i use my pc. i used a wall connector and charged when battery went yellow, but noticed battery life was diminished. ( i vape 6.5 to 7.5 watts)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Hahaha, back-ups!!! I also have a Vea and a MVP 2.0 on the way. Just to add, my Vea lasts me a day and half before recharge whereas the v3.0 didn't even last me through my fantasy football draft (5PM - 10PM)...granted I was kind of chain vaping but that is still pretty weak in my opinion and also the reason I wanted to gauge other's experiences. Thanks for the replies!

If you're getting 5 hours of chain vaping on it, that's good.

Sent from my Vox using Tapatalk 2

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The VV is 800mAh capacity. Chain vaping at 7.0 watts for five hours is not bad performance. I too would expect more. My Efest 18350's usually start petering out after about six hours of actual use (8-10 hours total, depending on my rotation).

Ignore "puff count." One battery press usually represents two or three draws for me.

If you're not happy with the performance and your vendor has a "satisfaction guaranteed" policy, you might want to return the device and see what else they offer that has a higher nominal battery capacity.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Even 150 puffs to the cutoff shouldn't go yellow. I have 2 itastes. Battery life is similar. I don't go by puff count though. They each last me between 6-8 hours before yellow. Same range. 6.5 - 8 watts. Sounds like the battery might be not performing right unless some of the other posts about high resistance or dual coil are true.

Kamber87

Aug 31, 2013
Oklahoma
All I have is a single itaste vv3.0 battery and it won't last me a full day, not even close. On days where I don't vape as much, I can get by with one charge, otherwise I'm charging at least twice a day. I turn my battery off when it's not in use, so I loose track of how many puffs before next charge, but I would say an approx. 400 puffs between charges. I'm currently looking into buying a new device so that the itaste will become my backup battery.

ajfiend

Jun 4, 2013
Philadelphia
I'm using iClear 16s that are read 2.1/2.2 ohms. I realize that there are factors that will make the results vary but it seems as if a good number of people are getting much better performance than I am.

400 Sambuca?! Did you reset puff counter after full charge? Wow, that's awesome! That's what I was hoping for...something I could take out with me and it'd last a night.

The puff counter would be hard to equate from one person to the next. Vapor A may have a 3 second draw and vapor B has a 6 second draw. Vapor B will use drain the device lower at the same amount of puffs. That being said mine does seem to last a lot longer than 5 hours even chain vaping, but I usually have a another device with me so my times may not be accurate.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
I'm using iClear 16s that are read 2.1/2.2 ohms. I realize that there are factors that will make the results vary but it seems as if a good number of people are getting much better performance than I am.

400 Sambuca?! Did you reset puff counter after full charge? Wow, that's awesome! That's what I was hoping for...something I could take out with me and it'd last a night.

i reset my battery when charged. i do not turn off my battery when not in use. these are li-ion batteries, someone put a link to a forum about batteries, but i had a hard time equating what i was reading to my battery. don't forget, i have 4 of them. when one goes yellow, i usually swap that mini to one with a juice i use less. these batteries are made to work between 3.7 volts and 4.0, but constant, steady use drains them quicker. and i keep the batteries in use until the second they hit red. yellow is still 3.7 volts, go ahead and check. i don't do "overnight" charging, because i try to remove them from the charger as soon as the green goes out; you don't want to over-charge them or over discharge them.

i have a very long, 2 part draw, most of my coils run 2.2 to 2.5 ohms as do yours. i tried charging the batteries at yellow, instead of red a few times, but it seemed that they went yellow quicker, 370 puffs.

i never bought a "kit", but at $33 - 36, these are the very best batteries that i''ve used. they feel way more consistent than my SLB v-v2Mega or my smoothv 1300.

Itaste VV/VW 3.0 by Innokin - NettMix Custom Vapes

i am using mini davides almost exclusively, and they work a battery pretty hard. i think you either have a crappy battery, or maybe you are over-charging them. (and yellow is OK, red is 3.6 volts. if i knew 1 puff before red, i would charge it then.)

i actually recommend getting another one or two. when you go out, take the freshest one.i have 1 flavor that i tend to vape more than the rest, a lot more, if i notice i'm up to 300 puffs or so, while another is at 30, i switch them. i rarely have to charge more than 1 battery a day. ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread