spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
When are they going to announce the winner?? unsure.gif

It IS Friday, and New Year's Eve, too... :party: psych.gif :toast:

The first contest is very simple. We love famous quotes and we want to hear yours. The contest is simple. Just post your favorite quote of all time and on Friday we will choose our favorite of the submitted entries and that person will win a silver LEO with blue crystals. It's that simple.

Last edited:

RedDeath5

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
St Joe, MI
"Live for something or die for nothing.". ~Patton

Being ex-military, I fully subscribe to Murphy's Laws:

If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike.

If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.

Incoming fire has the right of way.

If you can't remember, the Claymore is pointed towards you.

Mines are equal opportunity weapons.

It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

When in doubt, empty your magazine.

If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you may have misjudged the situation.

There is nothing more satisfying than having someone take a shot at you, and miss.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

There's not a problem on this planet than can't be solved by the careful but generous application of high explosives.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
When are they going to announce the winner?? View attachment 26398

It IS Friday, and New Year's Eve, too... :party: View attachment 26399 :toast:

I'm there with ya. :) But, while I'm waiting . . . a couple more for good measure:

“Do or do not... there is no try.” - Yoda

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" - Dirty Harry

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." - Lauren Bacall

"This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. shop smart. shop S-Mart. You got that?" - Ash (Army of Darkness)

Or, a more simple version: "Say 'hello' to my little friend." - Tony Montana (Scarface)

"Now you know what we are, now you know what you are. You'll never grow old, Michael, and you'll never die. But you must feed!" - David (The Lost Boys)

I watch too many movies, LOL.

"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." - Leslie Nielsen R.I.P.

"No man with a good car needs to be justified." and "'Twas like where you're from weren't never there. Where you're going doesn't matter. And where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it!" - Hazel (Wise Blood)

And, one of the best movie dialogues ever . . .
Young Frankenstein: Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: (Looking at giant door knockers on giant doors.) "What knockers."
Inga: "Oh, thank you doctor."

badboy

ECF Veteran
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”

“Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other.”

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I get ya, but he DID say "Just post your favorite quote of all time...", which implies just ONE, doesn't it??

View attachment 26403 LOL!!

Yeah, I figure they can just judge me on the first, it's my favorite anyway. I saw others doing multiples, so I joined in like a typical follower, LOL. The rest can just be for fun. I hate waiting though. :laugh:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Yeah, I figure they can just judge me on the first, it's my favorite anyway. I saw others doing multiples, so I joined in like a typical follower, LOL. The rest can just be for fun. I hate waiting though. :laugh:

Same here... I only posted 2, but the 1st was my fave!! Did the same on the joke thread, too, but only cuz I couldn't edit/change my 1st post, and I thought the 2nd one might get censored anyway... :ohmy:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
We love quotes so we did not put a limit on this one where as the Joke contest we did limit to a single entry per member. The winner will be announced around 11:30 pm EST.

Thanks

NOW you tell us... LOL!! That's not the way it sounded in the OP... uhh.gif

I guess I better get crackin' then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread