Vaping has disabled my ability to seek professional medical advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Actually, sounds like you're a sarcastic ........
just saying

olderthandirt-albums-junk-picture2667-jarjarrude.html
olderthandirt-albums-junk-picture2667-jarjarrude.jpg

How Rude

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Last time I went to the doctor I got a full check up, a shot in the .... to relax a back spasm, 3 meds refilled... total cost = 24 bucks (27,000 won)

S. Korean health care is so cheap! I never used to go to the doctor until now. Now it's easy and inexpensive and prescriptions are dirt cheap. I never really understood universal governmental health care until coming here. Now I'm an advocate.

Oh and my wife had a dentist visit last week. 1 tooth pulled and replaced, 2 fillings. Cost = 12 bucks hehehe. (and they gave her some knock-out meds too! score!)

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Actually, sounds like you're a sarcastic ........
just saying

Ouch, I have been crying ever since I read that. Now I not only have a fear of doctors, but am extremely depressed as well. Does PG dry your eyes out, cuz I dont have any tears left.

Of course I wasnt freaking serious, cmon! I wasnt being sarcastic either, more of a parody I guess. I was kidding around for all those that have been noticing the blitz of medical issues posted on this forum, and all the subsequent medical advice given out by presumably non professionals. I guess Dr.'s really arent professionals either, since they do have to "practice" medicine an awful lot. ;-)

While this is a good place to share vaping experiences, some are posting potentially life threatening issues, and that time should be spent scheduling a Dr's appointment and THEN researching on the forum, to see if people are experiencing the same. As someone else pointed out, the internet is filled with bad medical advice and info, peppered with a few that might actually know what they are talking about.

For those that want to incorporate some kind of hidden meaning into what I said, go for it, but leave me out of it. I was playing around and some got it, some didnt. Im on here all the time, and I for one, appreciate someone posting something that makes me laugh.

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
I was 110% serious, aside from the erectile dysfunction and herpes comment.

I live in columbus, I dont know that Ive ever even seen a cow or a farm in person.

all the people I know from Columbus are the best company... that being said, the town is a s***hole

I haven't been to a Dr since 1991. I'll go when they take me on a gurney. I went on a gurney in 91 also. :D

word

northwest Indiana? near fort wayne?

S. Korean health care is so cheap! I never used to go to the doctor until now. Now it's easy and inexpensive and prescriptions are dirt cheap. I never really understood universal governmental health care until coming here. Now I'm an advocate.

surely you mean north korea, I mean how can the non-communist part have socialized medicine :rolleyes:

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
So before I started vaping, I would go to the Dr. if I had any type of health issue. Reoccurring headaches, mouth sores, dry throat, sinus infection, toenails stopped growing, erectile dysfunction, herpes breakouts..etc. Ever since I started vaping I turn to the internet for every health concern I have. In my mind, someone sitting in starbucks can offer much better medical advice than any Dr possibly could. I swear when I was smoking analogs I went to the Dr, and it just seems very coincidental that as soon as I started vaping, I stopped going and posting my concerns in forums, and actually get defensive and beligerant when someone tells me to see the Dr.

Im using a Janty Stick and primarily PG 24mg from either Janty or RuyanDirect. I have vaped some IV EcoPure and JC when I get bored. Do you think that PG may be rewiring my brain to think that every health issue I come accross could be diagnosed in a vaping forum? You know that stuff is anti-freeze and the FDA says its bad. Could this combo be altering my genetic structure engineering my brain to the common sense level of a lemming? I mean, I was a fairly rational, logical person before I started vaping, and now all I do is sit at the window watching for the mail, and posting my health issues on vaping forums.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, please post your vaping habits, juice and hardware type. There has to be a common thread here...could we possibly need and rely on the extra chemicals in cigarettes, is it good for us? Someone please help! Its been over 3 months since Ive consulted with a health care professional!

I actually found this quite funny but then I'm from Ohio too, land of cows and farms!:D Could be folks from Ohio enjoy sarcasm.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
surely you mean north korea, I mean how can the non-communist part have socialized medicine :rolleyes:

They use magic beans or something *shrug* somehow they pull it off :p

If I were in N.Korea this post would be scratched onto a tablet of evergreen wood, cured in a fire, coated in resin, and then refired, oh! and editing would be a PITA.... plus I'd be dead seeing as how I'm a capitalist pig from America, hell bent on the rape and domination of all that N. Korea holds dear... at least that's what ol' Kimmy tells me.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Who in this advanced sophisticated society would first post on The-Electronic-Cigarette-Forum that he was spitting up blood, and then go to the Doctor when he gets around to that, if he has time after three weeks of trying to find a cure here.
Now, really, I may think about doing that, if I had just COME BACK from the Doctor's and he had told me it was due to VAPING, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I would want everyone to know that.
Olderthandirt has a very good point. Who wants to know that you're experiencing flatulence. Not me, really. Expecially if you're sitting in front of your computer all day drinking mai-tai's or Old Milwaukee and forgetting to eat, I imagine flatulence may be a problem for you.
Get real, people, if you have a real issue, please don't rely on this Community to take over your Medical Care. This is not the Hot Line for Doc's-On-Line, and it isn't the Registry Site for Public Option Health Care.
If you have a medical issue that can be traced to vaping, as in using 48 mg/ml juice, maybe we could help with some advice. We would certainly be willing to send out "Get Well Soon" posts, or "Sorry for Your Loss" to your next-of-kin. Or suggest alternatives for your problem if you can still read.
Let me just suggest that there are trolls here, in force. Don't fall for that kind of clap-trap, please. Next guy that posts spitting-up-blood issues, please don't answer him. He may then have time to go to the ER instead of waiting for a few more free opinions.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
What's really kinda cracking me up, is that so many of the complaints I see are often related to quitting smoking, not to vaping.

Like the other day, I had something stuck in my tooth, rubbed it, and my gums started bleeding. Did I think it was due to vaping? Nope. Googled it, and wadda ya know, bleeding gums is due to quitting smoking, from the extra blood circulating. Well gee, think I'm gonna die from my bleeding gums? Probably not. How bout the fact that I've had, uh, intestinal problems lately. Is it vaping? Gee, it might just be related to the stuffy head and runny nose I have! Maybe it's a cold virus, and not me dying from vaping! Am I going to blame vaping, and pick up cigarettes instead? Not a chance.

You guys really think we have trolls on here? (don't people have better things to do, really?) I figured that the people with issues were ones who more or less, don't really have faith in vaping, or who are trying to give themselves an excuse to go back to analogs. For me, I don't have a choice. I knew from the day I found this forum that it would be either vaping for me, or nothing. And I'm not looking for reasons to quit vaping, because I truly have faith that it is healthier for me than smoking.

I go to doctors only when absolutely necessary. The main reason being that every time I've ever been to the dr. I've been told that cigarettes were the culprit for everything, even a bad knee. Others in my family have sinus problems, if they have a sinus infection (bad cold), they go to the dr they get meds. I catch the same cold, I (used to) go to the same dr in the same week, it's because I smoked, no meds for me. Figure that one out... That's happened at least three times in the last 10 years, they get meds, they don't give me meds but instead blame my bad cold on my smoking.

Well, now that I am a reformed smoker, a vapor person, I wonder what **IT I'll get when that happens again? Any guesses?

I've been through the same thing. Had chronic sinus infections since smashing my face into a dashboard in a car crash but all Docs blamed them on my smoking. Finally found a real doc that would actually search for a real reason, had surgery to fix my snoz, now, no more sinus infections even when I didn't stop smoking. Smoking has just been the easy, and politically acceptable thing to blame everything on.

But, since I Vape, I no longer Smoke.

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
Who in this advanced sophisticated society would first post on The-Electronic-Cigarette-Forum that he was spitting up blood, and then go to the Doctor when he gets around to that, if he has time after three weeks of trying to find a cure here.
Now, really, I may think about doing that, if I had just COME BACK from the Doctor's and he had told me it was due to VAPING, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I would want everyone to know that.
Olderthandirt has a very good point. Who wants to know that you're experiencing flatulence. Not me, really. Expecially if you're sitting in front of your computer all day drinking mai-tai's or Old Milwaukee and forgetting to eat, I imagine flatulence may be a problem for you.
Get real, people, if you have a real issue, please don't rely on this Community to take over your Medical Care. This is not the Hot Line for Doc's-On-Line, and it isn't the Registry Site for Public Option Health Care.
If you have a medical issue that can be traced to vaping, as in using 48 mg/ml juice, maybe we could help with some advice. We would certainly be willing to send out "Get Well Soon" posts, or "Sorry for Your Loss" to your next-of-kin. Or suggest alternatives for your problem if you can still read.
Let me just suggest that there are trolls here, in force. Don't fall for that kind of clap-trap, please. Next guy that posts spitting-up-blood issues, please don't answer him. He may then have time to go to the ER instead of waiting for a few more free opinions.

shall I hack up a bloody lung oyster and snap a photo for you?

of course I'm 99.99% sure I have a cold/swine flu... but im still not gonna vape while my sinuses are draining..

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
What's really kinda cracking me up, is that so many of the complaints I see are often related to quitting smoking, not to vaping.

Like the other day, I had something stuck in my tooth, rubbed it, and my gums started bleeding. Did I think it was due to vaping? Nope. Googled it, and wadda ya know, bleeding gums is due to quitting smoking, from the extra blood circulating. Well gee, think I'm gonna die from my bleeding gums? Probably not. How bout the fact that I've had, uh, intestinal problems lately. Is it vaping? Gee, it might just be related to the stuffy head and runny nose I have! Maybe it's a cold virus, and not me dying from vaping! Am I going to blame vaping, and pick up cigarettes instead? Not a chance.

You guys really think we have trolls on here? (don't people have better things to do, really?) I figured that the people with issues were ones who more or less, don't really have faith in vaping, or who are trying to give themselves an excuse to go back to analogs. For me, I don't have a choice. I knew from the day I found this forum that it would be either vaping for me, or nothing. And I'm not looking for reasons to quit vaping, because I truly have faith that it is healthier for me than smoking.

I think some of these folks are anti-ecig trollers but some of them are genuinely concerned about their health and believe it to be related to e-cigs... why? It's the "to good to be true" mentality. These really are fantastic devices and people are looking for the catch. They are waiting for fungus to grow on their lips and their turds to be neon green and ignite when they come in contact with water.

What they can't fathom is that these products work and are generally easy to master and the catch is... you quit smoking.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
shall I hack up a bloody lung oyster and snap a photo for you?

of course I'm 99.99% sure I have a cold/swine flu... but im still not gonna vape while my sinuses are draining..
You of course can do whatever you wish, don't mind me! I've seen worse things than that, so has your mother! Would you want her to check your bloody snot for you? Change your Diaper? Please. Have some respect. I'm sorry about your flu, but don't take it out on me and your other readers. Some things are just better left unsaid.

Last edited:

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
To be honest, Im a mailbox watcher too, but I have to say Ive still been to the DR many times since vaping.....and my DRs are proud of me for stopping smoking nad vaping!

BTW-My DR visits are for noncalcified lung nodules that are too small for biopsy, but are consistant w/met.lung cancer. I smoked for 23 yrs, and Im 32. The nodules were found by accident on 6/15, and when my 510 kit arrived on 6/23, I never smoked another analog. - Hope this helps you!

Not one of my Drs have had any negative things to say abt me vaping, either. All of them in one way or another said they were proud of me-and as long as Im not smoking, per say, Im better off :)

About the mailbox watching tho---If ur like me and have all kinds of e-cig goodies coming in the mail---mail watching is completely NORMAL! (Eeeeee! New toys! lol...)

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
You of course can do whatever you wish, don't mind me! I've seen worse things than that, so has your mother! Would you want her to check your bloody snot for you? Change your Diaper? Please. Have some respect. I'm sorry about your flu, but don't take it out on me and your other readers. Some things are just better left unsaid.
sorry, i get sardonic when called a troll

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
About the mailbox watching tho---If ur like me and have all kinds of e-cig goodies coming in the mail---mail watching is completely NORMAL! (Eeeeee! New toys! lol...)

Man...you arent kiddin! That is one side effect from vaping that could be classified as an adverse reaction for me. Im pretty sure USPS.com had to add more front end servers to keep up with my constant tracking inquiries. Im ordering stuff prolly every couple weeks and have become obsessed with tracking shipments, especially when coming from China. That "inbound to customs" entry is enough to cause a panic attack! Im pacing until I see "outbound from customs". YAY!

Sorry if my fellow Ohioans and former ohioans are thrown into the sarcastic .... category, I was just trying to make a few laugh.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
sorry, i get sardonic when called a troll
I don't recall seeing Casey C being called a Troll anywhere in the Thread.
I didn't call you one. Perhaps the OP can answer that for you.
Don't know where you saw yourself as a troll, but it was not in any post of mine............check yourself. Be sardonic to someone who likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread