Vaperite 70/30 mix - Anyone try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Vaperite has a new 70PG/30VG option for their organic flavors. A few of my favorite Vaperite flavors I have bought in the 50/50 mix before and still find them a little thick and tough on attys. I prefer the consistency of Backwoods Brew because of its 70/30 mix, but really enjoy VR4, French Vanilla, Banana Foster, and Cake Batter flavors from Vaperite.

Has anyone tried their favorite organic Vaperite flavors in the new 70/30 mix and was the flavor the same? I'd really like to order a 60ml bottle since I know I enjoy the flavor, but not sure if I should risk a new formula in that volume. Any opinions?

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Got two bottles that just finished their shelf time. Initial drip tests show no real change in flavor, maybe a touch more throat hit.
BTW, I've found you can add 10-20% plain PG (with appropriate nicotine level) to the the 50/50 blends without diluting the flavor. In fact, it seems the first 10% or so actually enhances the flavor. Of course, raising the PG level generally means raising the throat hit as well.
Tests performed by a professional on a closed track, YMMV.

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Loaded a carto with the 70/30 and used it most of the day, then switched to 50/50 in the evening on the same flavor. I'm pretty sure the 50/50 mix was a little sweeter, other than that will take more discriminating taste buds than mine. The very, very slight difference in taste, th and vapor could be the different mix, the difference between batches or something I expected and therefore tasted.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Can someone please explain to me what the advantage of using VG is? As far as I've gathered, it is thicker and can cause problems with clogging and it has less TH, so I don't understand why it would be preferred over PG. Thanks.

More vapor and some people have sensitivities to PG.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
BTW, I've found you can add 10-20% plain PG (with appropriate nicotine level) to the the 50/50 blends without diluting the flavor. In fact, it seems the first 10% or so actually enhances the flavor. Of course, raising the PG level generally means raising the throat hit as well.
Tests performed by a professional on a closed track, YMMV.

I did as you suggested with some VR4 50/50 and I wholeheartedly agree, 10%-15% PG is an improvement. It's one of my favorite e-juices but it was always a bit finicky in my REO/LR 1.5 306 setups. I had to really concentrate to get the right amount for a consistent hit, lots of flooding, clogging, and sometimes burning the flavor. The touch of PG has it flowing smoothly and no waste constantly blowing out the atty. The flavor seems spot on despite the dilution.

Thanks for the hint. I look forward to trying my 70/30 mix which should arrive on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread