vape not turning on

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'd definitely replace both batteries. Plus it's never a good idea to charge the batteries in the mod. It can cause a fire and it sounds like you or your friend dodged a bullet with that. The burn marks are probably from overheating. Get a 4 bay battery charger and 4 new batteries. That way 2 can charge while you are using the other 2. It is possible that the mod is fried, but no way to tell without fresh batteries.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    If there's burn marks around the batteries, get as far as you can away from them. Have you ever vaped before? It seems like you don't know much about it. This is the right place to come for answers but do heed the advice from the experienced veterans here. A battery accident usually makes the news and is used as ammo against vaping. Lithium ion batteries are dangerous in the wrong hand, simple as that.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    hello so I just got a vape off a friend and I let it charge for a bit and when I tried turning it on it didn't turn on 1 battery was full and the other didn't charge the whole night does it mean that the vape is broken or that the batteries are (there's also some burn marks around the batteries)

First you need to find out why that battery is burnt. Until you can 125% deduce it was NOT the mod that caused it, then do not use that mod and deem it unsafe to use and chuck it. That burnt battery should be deemed unsafe regardless and never be used again. I would also question the safety of the other battery as well. Batteries are too cheap to play games with and so are are mods.

EDIT: On second thought, you'll not likely ever figure out if it was the mod that caused the battery to burn or if it was a faulty battery. Forget that mod and the batteries. For less than $150 you can get a mod, 4 batteries and a charger. If you don't have that money, then spend $20-40 on a refillable pod system instead.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hate to be cynical but with a name like the OP has chosen and the lack of info, need we actually bother replying to this one?

May as well. What else is there to do around ECF anymore?

I even find the spammers interesting.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Hate to be cynical but with a name like the OP has chosen and the lack of info, need we actually bother replying to this one?
    Well dang. ya know I didn't even pay attention to the name. We get so many imbeciles in here asking stoopid crap like this that I just didn't notice. I must be getting old or something

Users who are viewing this thread