e cig battery question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom5170

Nov 4, 2014
I have an orbit cannon vape pen. I believe it's 510 style.

I bought it 5 months ago. I just got around to using it. You press the button 5 times, and it turns on, press it 5 more times and it shuts off. The light also indicates the battery voltage. It turns white when fully charged, and then blue, and then red when it's almost dead. There is also a light on the charger that is red while it's charging and then it's supposed to turn green when it's done charging.

Well, the e cig battery light stays white for a short while, and then turns blue. It used to stay white longer. It's like after a short bit of usage, it goes blue. The red light on the charger also never turns green no matter how long it stays plugged in.

The e cig stayed in the box, and the battery was depleted. I picked it up a few days ago and put it on the charger to start using it and noticed this.

Does it sound like the battery is messed up? Last night I charged it 3 hours and the red light on the charger never turned green so I unplugged it. The light on the battery was white. Today I went to use it, and the light was blue - I never used it and the e cig itself was turned off.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
while charging, the battery button LED may indicate white(more then half way charged) but it does not mean that it is FULLY charged.

when the light on the battery turns off, it indicates it charged fully.

note: by math a 2200mah ego should charge in about 5.2 hours - BUT it takes around 7-8 hours. once the battery reaches around 4-4.1 volts, the charger limits the current supplied and slows the charge cycle down so it can "accurately" reach 4.2 volts safely

as stated above, let the battery charge longer.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I bought it 5 months ago. I just got around to using it. You press the button 5 times, and it turns on, press it 5 more times and it shuts off. The light also indicates the battery voltage. It turns white when fully charged, and then blue, and then red when it's almost dead. There is also a light on the charger that is red while it's charging and then it's supposed to turn green when it's done charging.

Well, the e cig battery light stays white for a short while, and then turns blue. It used to stay white longer. It's like after a short bit of usage, it goes blue. The red light on the charger also never turns green no matter how long it stays plugged in.

The e cig stayed in the box, and the battery was depleted. I picked it up a few days ago and put it on the charger to start using it and noticed this.

Does it sound like the battery is messed up? Last night I charged it 3 hours and the red light on the charger never turned green so I unplugged it. The light on the battery was white. Today I went to use it, and the light was blue - I never used it and the e cig itself was turned off.

Not surprising for a 5 month old battery.

They're supposed to be good for about 300 recharges.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Without having the manufacturers specs on this one, the top and bottom 10% of the battery charge are represented by white and red. The majority of the time you are using it it will be in the "blue" range - which is normal.

When you take an eGo type battery off a charger that has a "click on/off" feature it's normal for the battery to some times default to being in the off mode.

Is there a way I can use a volt meter on the battery to check the volts after it stays charging for a hour or so?

Again, not knowing exactly what this one is - no. Not if it's an eGo type battery with a PWM chip in there regulating the voltage. The DC voltage is a digitally pulsed signal and a standard voltmeter can't give you a true reading of the output voltage, because most DVM's don't sample a PWM signal correctly.

it's still on the charger. it measured 3.80v 2 hours ago, and it's still measuring 3.80v. The light on the charger is still red (hasnt turned green yet) and the battery feels rather warm.

Can you provide a link to what you bought? At this point guessing about what it's doing or not doing isn't going to help. Generally these batteries should not be feeling "rather warm" when charging. I would like to see what type of charger came with the battery.

tom5170

Nov 4, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread