Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Couple pics of finished CF pattern.
One is a Shark and the other is an istick 50w... The case is prob worth more than the istick but it's my istick lol.
I will add more to the imgur gallery as time permits, and as I make more cases.

q4s4JYg.jpg

aewMPR2.jpg

Very Cool Mod Holsters. Felt Lined would be a Great Addition to these.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
Very Cool Mod Holsters. Felt Lined would be a Great Addition to these.
Yeah I felt cloth lined my vapor flask holster, cheap and easy to do.
These are awesome high quality cases guys, don't let the word plastic scare you off coffeebum will get my business for all my future mods without a doubt.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Felt Lined would be a Great Addition to these.

I could do felt I suppose, or leather. I have some light weight veg tanned leather, it is not dyed so no leaching colors into a mod.
Veg tanned is the way to go for anything metal, chrome tanned like almost all swedes and most of the inexpensive stuff is NOT good for a holster/case.
Have also thought about neoprene cloth as a liner. I did not pull the trigger on ordering any yet, but might in a week or two.
Lining would add to cost, have to figure time and material on something like that.

Liners are no guarantee of avoiding scuffs and wear, particles of dust/sand/grit can imbed and turn them into sandpaper.
I really like the jwraps, they look good, are inexpensive, and do protect very well against wear.
Soft finishes are more prone to scuffing, I have some pics of case scuffing on an iStick 50 in the gallery. I added a jwrap and that fixed the issue.

With a kydex case or holster I can rinse it out easy enough, that is problematic with a lined case.
That being said, I do see the attraction to a liner of some sort. It seems a good alternative for some people and would add to the aesthetic.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I could do felt I suppose, or leather. I have some light weight veg tanned leather, it is not dyed so no leaching colors into a mod.
Veg tanned is the way to go for anything metal, chrome tanned like almost all swedes and most of the inexpensive stuff is NOT good for a holster/case.
Have also thought about neoprene cloth as a liner. I did not pull the trigger on ordering any yet, but might in a week or two.
Lining would add to cost, have to figure time and material on something like that.

Liners are no guarantee of avoiding scuffs and wear, particles of dust/sand/grit can imbed and turn them into sandpaper.
I really like the jwraps, they look good, are inexpensive, and do protect very well against wear.
Soft finishes are more prone to scuffing, I have some pics of case scuffing on an iStick 50 in the gallery. I added a jwrap and that fixed the issue.

With a kydex case or holster I can rinse it out easy enough, that is problematic with a lined case.
That being said, I do see the attraction to a liner of some sort. It seems a good alternative for some people and would add to the aesthetic.

I would offer a Lining as a Option. Those who want it can Get It. Those who Don't can forego it.

The 1st Kydex Holster I made worked Great. But I could that it Might removed the Blueing from my Noise Maker.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
I would offer a Lining as a Option. Those who want it can Get It. Those who Don't can forego it.

The 1st Kydex Holster I made worked Great. But I could that it Might removed the Blueing from my Noise Maker.

Holster wear means you carry, I am ok with a little wear. Tools should be used brother!
Otherwise never take them out of the box, and where is the fun in that?

I will do some thinking on the type of lining I want to offer.
Appreciate the input.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Holster wear means you carry, I am ok with a little wear. Tools should be used brother!
Otherwise never take them out of the box, and where is the fun in that?

I will do some thinking on the type of lining I want to offer.
Appreciate the input.

Everyone is Different. And One Size Rarely Fits All.

Things Wear if you use them. Noise Makers or Mods, it Doesn't make a Difference. But if you can Make Something that Minimizes the wear when an item is Used, that is a Good Design in my mind.

But like I said, everyone is Different. That is why I am a Big Believer in choices.

Reactions: Peter_C

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
P-6081071_zpsjtsxaiea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

for a bum, you sure don't slouch on quality John. I'm very happy with my purchase and no doubt will be back for more. Like the idiot I am, I didn't think about the fact that I modded my Grand for comfort and thus removed material. Luckily there is plenty of adjustment with those rubber washers. The only recommendations I have is maybe offer a lower profile clip and the option of a liner.
But it's a fantastic product as is :thumb:

sorry about the pic...not sure how to do it now

Reactions: coffeebum

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Contacted John last week inquiring about getting one of these for my Vaporshark rDNA. He mentioned the carbon fiber option and that is what I opted for. Easy transaction and received the case on Saturday. Fits the rDNA40 perfectly with the shark skin on it. When you drop the rDNA40 into it, it slowly slides in. It came with the belt loop pre-installed, with the belt clip separate. I removed the belt loop and installed the belt clip.

20150610_230440.jpg
20150610_230446.jpg

I had also received the evic-VT on Saturday and it fits into the case as well, although it is a slightly loose fit and the mod sits about 1/4 inch high in the case.
20150610_230509.jpg

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Sigelei 100w/150w issue has been resolved. Much better this time around, amazing what accurate measurements can do.
I have some liner material that I will be playing with tomorrow, couple different kinds for different applications.
Also some new mod cases available soon: Vapor Shark DNA 30, and the Joyetech eVic-VT

Reactions: Peter_C

Sean Mack

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
New York
Also some new mod cases available soon: Vapor Shark DNA 30, and the Joyetech eVic-VT

Would be VERY interested in getting one for the eVic-VT, maybe even lined so I can lose the ugly silicone case and just keep it on my hip... Sign me up once you have em...

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
I would love to have one of these for my ZNA30 or even my SX Mini...
Have not had those mods in to make a mold for yet. I will trade a case in return for the use of the mods for fitting tho.
What's the difference in size in the ZNA 30 and the 40? Aren't they basically the same but the board? Not real familiar with the ZNA's myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread