Vape cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
First thread was kinda clunky, starting fresh and hopefully more bandwidth friendly.
I will list the mods I can forge plastic for as they become available.
So far here are models available and prices.
Payment will have to be through PayPal, or send a money order. PM for all that.

istick 30w $30.00 (clip only)
istick 50W $40.00
Vapor Shark rDNA 40 with Shark Skin $40.00
Vapor Flask dna 40 $40.00
REO Grand $40.00
Billet Box $40.00
Shipping: USPS first class is $3.00 and Priority I will do for $6.00
(US only, PM for shipping estimates to another country)

These are made from a material called kydex, it is a thermoformable plastic used in various applications including knife sheaths and handgun holsters.
I have been working with this material for several years and have a one-man shop providing hand formed custom products.
Custom cases for other mods are possible, but I may require the mod for fitting purposes.
PM me about what you want and I will try to work something out.
I can do faux carbon fiber, many different colors, and different camos and prints. I can also do molle attachments or other types of belt attachments.
Heck if you want a double thigh rig for your custom competition cloud blowers with battery slots I can do it o_O

I will try to keep the imgur gallery updated, all the info (except for pricing) is on there with the pics.

Last edited:

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
I feel the need to address something people have been bringing up, some fears about a vape case being mistaken for a gun holster.
As someone who carries both, and at the same time no less, I may have some insight on this.
This is not the place to get into political stuff (other than vaping) so going to try to avoid that to the best of my ability.
The below comments are my opinion only, and so are worth about as much as kydex dust.

Cell phones: Everybody has them, a lot of people carry them in cases on the belt.
While law enforcement will sometimes mistake a phone for a gun, usually there is a lot more to the story.
I hope I am never in a situation that would cause an officer to be jacked up on adrenalin, and if I am you can bet I will follow all instructions and not make sudden or threatening movements.

Ergonomics: Drawing a gun from a holster is very different than casually getting my vape out for a pull.
I can tell the difference, you can tell the difference, and I would hope LEO's would be able to tell the difference too.
The hand is not grabbing a ...., rather it is more like taking a phone out of a case to check a call. Different wrist position, different body mechanics, different intent.
I may do a video showing both, and why one cannot easily be mistaken for the other.

Printing: This is the outline of whatever you are wearing under your shirt. The hardest thing to conceal on a handgun is the ...., the grip of the gun.
A handgun .... under a tight tshirt is unmistakeable. I make concealed carry holsters, and have to do things to my product to make this less apparent.
Some states have laws about this very thing, and you must pass certain criteria to be a legal handgun concealed carrier in those states.
A PV, however the shape, does not print like a handgun. Especially with an atty on there. It looks like anything but a gun, especially when in one of my cases.
The only thing I have seen that comes close is "The Gripper" mod, but that is a very unusual thing.

People: They don't notice things. Most people are so caught up in their own little bubble they will not see your vape under a shirt. Even if they do it looks more like a cell phone than anything else.
Too busy texting, checking facebook, or taking selfies to pay attention to you. Situational awareness? Ha! I have yet to have anyone comment on my handgun, but then again I dress for it and wear good gear.
Sure putting something on your belt may be different for you, but it's not unusual, and to most people not worth noticing.

Concealment: If you are worried about this, just pull the shirt up behind the atty. Easy and painless, and even wearing my mods like this nobody notices. Except vapers, who say that my case is awesome.
Or tuck your shirt in you slobs! Sorry, channeled one of my DI's there for a second.

Hey if you think my product is not for you then that's ok. But this "might be a handgun" thing is kinda silly to me.
Again only my opinion, and if you feel differently then that's cool too. I wonder if diabetics with insulin pumps on their belts have this same fear?

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Another hair-brained scheme foisted upon the coffeebum:

uploadfromtaptalk1461962719484.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461962724012.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461962728600.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1461962734040.jpg

Fortune favors the Bottom Feeders.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Received a new case specifically made for a TMOD girl. It's on the far right. The other two cases were designed for REO grands and do fit a TMOD girl, but as the center example illustrates, they are shorter. The one for the TMOD girl covers the mod and the bends are the perfect shape for the mod.
Nice work @coffeebum :). Thank you :)
image.jpg

Last edited:

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Added two more mods to the list
Innokin Coolfire IV - $40.00
Kanger SUBOX Mini - $40.00

Upgrades are as follows: Felt liner is $7.00 - Skull pattern is $5.00 - Faux carbon fiber is $3.00
USPS Priority shipping in the US is $6.00 and international contact for a quote

Here is a faux carbon fiber lined REO Grand, a lined Skull Coolfire 4, and a digi woodland rDNA 40 for your viewing pleasure

jehCN3W.jpg

nxAiZvB.jpg

s5Fmraa.jpg

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Somebody asked about warranty, and I gave it some thought.
I cannot guarantee how long I will be doing these cases, but provided I am still in business here is what I came up with...

If you break the clip I will replace that at no charge for a year, you only pay shipping.
If the case breaks within 3 years I will replace it free of charge, you only pay shipping.
This does not cover damage caused by leaving the case in temps outside of spec.
Keep the plastic between +160 and -120 degrees Fahrenheit. That's +71 to -84 for you Celsius users.
In other words laying on the dash or seat of the car in the sun with the windows rolled up is not covered.
I am confident these will hold up, and will last for years of every day carry.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just got home to my REO Grand and Billet Box cases.

I must say at first impression, the fit and finish is impressive.

The mods slide in and out very easily while staying very secure in place while attached to a belt.

I love the raised areas that lend rigidity to the cases.

I have no fear of rogue button presses, dropping anything, getting a mod stuck between the case and fumbly fingers, etc.

And it looks great with a murdered out sl lp reo grand and nuppin on a black leather belt...

7ac2d4671a9e3cd26d2204bfa08fec1b.jpg

This shows the color better...

149233e9fe1bcd79e102491aa71e3457.jpg

Tapatyped

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Here are some shots of a felt lined Vapor Flask case, this my first try with this particular process and first go with this material.
I may have to redesign the mold, as there is an area on the top I am worried about holding the felt with repeated usage.
This is a PITA to do, and a good deal of prep to have a chance of working right. Kydex was designed for stuff to NOT stick to it lol.
More later on, just wanted to give you guys a preview. I will not start selling this option until it is tested for durability.

yO1qlzn.jpg

ZB3nmq5.jpg

SR6ibeQ.jpg

jXD3EF6.jpg

pwOm3pZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread