• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Some reviews of Edmonton Vape Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Ok so I thought since I am in the area and everyone wants to get in and get out with what they want I would put up some reviews of the vape stores in Edmonton. This list is complete as far as I know at this time, but as new ones open or things change they will be edited accordingly.

Oil City Vapors - have not been to yet, they have some gear I use, but the fact that they hide the prices on their site, and from what friends have told me they don't look promising. Will review before May 3.

Smoked Out - Ok this one is hard to review as they had been open less then a week when I went in. iTaste VV was 40.00 right in line with what I expected to pay. They are interested in doing some extra modding as far as battery skins go and whatnot which was a plus for me. They had some cool stuff applied to the I tastes they used as samples, I would definitely be interested in going back just for that. They only carry juicy juice at this time, which I didn't mind I really liked the Peanut Butter Cookies and Sweettarts but they are premixed, preset bottles and they wanted 10.00 for 10 ml. I was going to pay it just to tide me over, but they didn't have debit set up yet and suggested I go to the pawn shop next door to withdraw money so now that 10 ml was going to cost me 15.00 after ATM and bank charges. On the minus side they carried a few lines of "other vaporizers" and proceeded to show and push those on me as well, so I'm not sure how many vapours are interested in hanging out with "herbalists" while trying to find their new vape. Right now it's a hard time giving them 2 out of 10. Would be 5 had they not incorporated that second line of gear in their store.

Lifestyle ecigs - walked in talked to a guy for a few minutes, inquired about the itaste, he told me it was 99.99. Nearly .... my pants and left. juice prices seem decent but didn't stick around long enough to taste it. The fact that they want to blindly rob their buyers sent me straight packing. 1/10 never go there ever for anything hardware related, ever.

River City Vapes - this little place is busy, every time I have been in there there are people. The staff is friendly and good with their customers. Itaste is 40.00, in line with what I was expecting. They are all vapours and they can help troubleshoot any problems you are having. Juice prices are in line with some higher priced online vendors, but decent for a b/m store. Selection is somewhat limited and the hardware is mostly clones if you are looking for a mod. I haven't tasted any of thier juices but you can order it as you wish as it is mixed on site for you in a few minutes. If you are a new vapor starting out, they will help you out and not try to sell you on the highest priced item. 8/10

If you are looking for a vape shop in Edmonton or know someone that is, it is very hard not to recommend River City Vapes at this time.

That may change and this post will be updated to reflect that.

If you feel there is an Edmonton based shop that hasn't been represented or want to dispute any of the comments I made, feel free to do so either in a forum post or as a pm.

This post is subject to change...... And will be updated accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOMuniEsq

Firechief2

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Edmonton
I have only tried one of the shops referred to - that being Lifestyle Ecigs - so I will add my 2 cents worth on that experience.

"The fact that they want to blindly rob their buyers sent me straight packing. 1/10 never go there ever for anything hardware related, ever."

On my last trip to Lifestyle I purchased a iTaste VTR kit from them for $149.99. Included in that price was 30 mil of my choice of juice, a 18650 battery, a battery charger and an extra cartomizer. I know that the same VTR can be purchased on-line for $99.95 ----BUT --- it does not include the juice, battery, battery charger or extra cartomizer ---AND --- I have to wait for it :( and pay shipping.
This is a single example, but I have generally found all their hardware follows the same trend --- not outrageously over priced when you "compare apples to apples" and add in the convenience and service of a brick and mortar location.
Looking forward to the opinions of others.

Reactions: Whipple

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
The VTR at other places is under 115.00 and they also include juice. No wait. No shipping. I'm sure you feel like you got a hell of a deal, until you look around. I just can't justify the prices for hardware that they have.

right now you can eBay a vtr with an I clear 30s for under 40.00, but I was giving retail the benefit of the doubt when comparing prices. It is still not affordable by any means compared to other shops in Edmonton.

As for apples to apples everyone I reviewed is a brick and mortar location. Walk in walk out, and they stood head and shoulders 30- 60 dollars more when compared apples to apples.

Let's say at most (the other most expensive store in Edmonton) you got a VtR for 115.00, free juice for going over 100.00, I clear 30s comes with it. 6 dollars for the cheap battery and 3 for the charger. Should have been 125 at most, not how they mark theirs up though.

Last edited:
I started out at Vapour Choice, 99st and 41 ave. Don is very good at helping new people get set up, he seems to bring in juice from Juicy Clear. His prices are not unreasonable, just not as good as online from Fastech. Last time I was there (last week), the place was busy and they had 2 people looking after the counter. Not a bad place and friendly.

I paid $75 for a demo ITasteII at Lifestyle, did not get the kit with it, but wanted a battery like right now that worked. His Cofee double double, I am not a fan of, however that is the only juice I tried.

Did try juices from River City, not bad and they make it on the spot. I have not found one I really like there yet, but hopefully soon and I am quite particular. Quite the friendly place and busy.

Just my two cents.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Ok so I thought since I am in the area and everyone wants to get in and get out with what they want I would put up some reviews of the vape stores in Edmonton. This list is complete as far as I know at this time, but as new ones open or things change they will be edited accordingly.

Oil City Vapors - have not been to yet, they have some gear I use, but the fact that they hide the prices on their site, and from what friends have told me they don't look promising. Will review before May 3. update: I still haven't made it there, it is in an area of the city I don't normally go to, but I promise I will get around to it.

Smoked Out - Ok this one is hard to review as they had been open less then a week when I went in. iTaste VV was 40.00 right in line with what I expected to pay. They are interested in doing some extra modding as far as battery skins go and whatnot which was a plus for me. They had some cool stuff applied to the I tastes they used as samples, I would definitely be interested in going back just for that. They only carry juicy juice at this time, which I didn't mind I really liked the Peanut Butter Cookies and Sweettarts but they are premixed, preset bottles and they wanted 10.00 for 10 ml. I was going to pay it just to tide me over, but they didn't have debit set up yet and suggested I go to the pawn shop next door to withdraw money so now that 10 ml was going to cost me 15.00 after ATM and bank charges. On the minus side they carried a few lines of "other vaporizers" and proceeded to show and push those on me as well, so I'm not sure how many vapours are interested in hanging out with "herbalists" while trying to find their new vape. Right now it's a hard time giving them 2 out of 10. Would be 5 had they not incorporated that second line of gear in their store.

Lifestyle ecigs - walked in talked to a guy for a few minutes, inquired about the itaste, he told me it was 99.99. Nearly .... my pants and left. Juice prices seem decent but didn't stick around long enough to taste it. The fact that they want to blindly rob their buyers sent me straight packing. 1/10 never go there ever for anything hardware related, ever.

River City Vapes - this little place is busy, every time I have been in there there are people. The staff is friendly and good with their customers. Itaste is 40.00, in line with what I was expecting. They are all vapours and they can help troubleshoot any problems you are having. Juice prices are in line with some higher priced online vendors, but decent for a b/m store. Selection is somewhat limited and the hardware is mostly clones if you are looking for a mod. I haven't tasted any of thier juices but you can order it as you wish as it is mixed on site for you in a few minutes. If you are a new vapor starting out, they will help you out and not try to sell you on the highest priced item. 8/10

Mo Town Vapors (Morinville) This isn't so much a shop as it is a house. The only way to get info on it is from the FB page, they might as well be called River City 2 or something of the sort, they sell hardware and juice from River City Vapes and even the juice bottles are labelled as River City Vapes when you leave. If you are in Edmonton go to the real store, but for people North it could save you some driving and some time.

Big Mikes Vapor (St Albert) They are relatively new, and it shows in their expertise and selection. Right now they have a small offering from MLV and JC for juice, but the hardware selection is very limited. I hope that they can find some room to grow, but as it stands they are very inexperienced and unsure about how they sit in the market. I hope they can find their footing, but for the first time in any vape shop I've ever walked into I felt underwhelmed and like I knew more then they did about their product. I taste vv was 40.00 inline with everyone else but tank prices were nuts. Ejuice was similar to other shops price wise.

If you are looking for a vape shop in Edmonton or know someone that is, it is very hard not to recommend River City Vapes at this time.

That may change and this post will be updated to reflect that.

If you feel there is an Edmonton based shop that hasn't been represented or want to dispute any of the comments I made, feel free to do so either in a forum post or as a pm.

This post is subject to change...... And will be updated accordingly.

I just realized that I can't go back and edit posts after a time so I hope a mod will replace my op with this post. Updates are made in Bold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread