Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
So how do we know where to buy the new and improved coils from? I would love a chance at redemption.
Crown have said they have no way of tracking the bad batches sorry, so until the bad stock is depleted/returned, theres no way of being sure that youre not getting the dodgy coils.

turp

Apr 4, 2015
Louisiana
I emailed Leo @ uwell

Leo,

I am a member of several forums where there are threads about bad coils for the crown. Has the quality issue been addressed? I have bought two tanks, and two packs of coils and I cannot get more than three days out of a coil. I am familiar with the priming and break in of the coils. If the problem has been fixed, how do I know where to get coils from to avoid the current issue?

His response :

Please check the attach photo.the real UWELL Crown Coils the logo is on centre,and we are use the parallel coils.please open your coils.then you can see it is real one our fake one.if that is real one then please send some photo to me.i will let our server people talk to you.don't worry.we will tack care about that.thanks!

Reactions: Mowgli

turp

Apr 4, 2015
Louisiana
bf3b9157143ff3e5d9d8e5d15d918c28.jpg

754c65354ed6665a77d5b6ff0d8b2d1d.jpg

cbef0da9089ac4fc777830786893dd64.jpg

These are the pics he attached. If he is correct, my coils are fake. My logo is not centered on the coils.

32509f468693f7a1712f7942567b3f16.jpg

Last edited:

turp

Apr 4, 2015
Louisiana
The sideways picture is yours? Where did you get your coils?
Yes. I have been through 2 packs of coils. One was from my b&m, where I also bought a tank. The other one is from vape royalty,where I also bough a second tank.

I think Leo is giving me the run around. I find it hard to believe that vape royalty is selling fake coils.

Reactions: Mowgli

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
How dry I am
How wet I'll be
If I don't find
The bathroom key

I found the key
Now where's the door?
It's too late now
It's on the floor

How dry I am
How wet I'll be
If I don't find
A wick for me

I found the wick
It has no juice
my hits are dry
I wonder why

Sorry. I know. Sometimes I can't help myself.

Benwa

Sep 23, 2015
So I've been flying through coils lately, averaging approx. 2 days a coil! These are definitely genuine as the logo is centred etc. so I simply thought I had some of the bad batches, but then on coil 2 of my second pack I'd switched juices to a 50VG/50PG instead of the regular 70/30 I normally vape and looks like the dry hitting has come down to the ratio in the juices I've been vaping!

Don't want to jinx it yet, but I'm on day 4 now of the same coil without a dry/burnt hit in sight.. fingers crossed. If it actually is the ratio/consistencies of the juices then looks like I'll have to start vaping lower VG juices or start thinning out with distilled water.

I'll report back when this coil dies and I try another.

Reactions: sd3614

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
I sent an email to service@uwell.cc on Saturday regarding the dry hit issue. Got a response today stating that they are aware of the problem and have fixed the issue. They asked for my Address so that they can send me replacement coils. If any of you are still having problems try that email address.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Yes. I have been through 2 packs of coils. One was from my b&m, where I also bought a tank. The other one is from vape royalty,where I also bough a second tank.

I think Leo is giving me the run around. I find it hard to believe that vape royalty is selling fake coils.

I think what is going on is.....

IMO UWELL switched manufacture, hence the new Black insulator and this sub par manufacture also goofed the stamping a tad. It is easy to say it was just a rubber change or a darn good way to compare the old vs. new. I don't think this is a "FAKE" issue and I don't think Vape Royalty, myvaporstore, code3vapor are selling fakes.

I think retailers are fully under the impression they have bought authentic and the authentic's are just not holding up since the recent "change over". Now we see the market flush these coils out quick at $11 a box a month ago and we have a spike of complaints to go along with it.

A month or more is when they went on sale everywhere so that means UWELL knew 2 or 3 months ago and I have not seen any apology or admission on their FB page which there seems to be about 5 of them (confusing). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
So I've been flying through coils lately, averaging approx. 2 days a coil! These are definitely genuine as the logo is centred etc. so I simply thought I had some of the bad batches, but then on coil 2 of my second pack I'd switched juices to a 50VG/50PG instead of the regular 70/30 I normally vape and looks like the dry hitting has come down to the ratio in the juices I've been vaping!

Don't want to jinx it yet, but I'm on day 4 now of the same coil without a dry/burnt hit in sight.. fingers crossed. If it actually is the ratio/consistencies of the juices then looks like I'll have to start vaping lower VG juices or start thinning out with distilled water.

It's not in your head :) It's the coil. :(

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
If you notice that the logo on your Crown coil is off-center, it doesn't (necessarily) mean the coil isn't authentic. It's far more likely a hiccup in the feed/alignment operation at the factory. Odds are you have a 99% (or greater) chance of having a real coil in your hands. No doubt about QC/...or other manufacturing 'glitches' to the real deal from time to time. JMO -Rob

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
I think what is going on is.....

IMO UWELL switched manufacture, ... :)
I think it's simply growing pains; expansion, 'three steps forward, one step back, etc., at the same factory. Every mass-production operation produces some less than perfect parts, some that QC either misses completely or let's pass through because the flaw is benign (like an off-centered logo).

Reactions: sd3614

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles

I also received a replacement pack of coils from UWell.

So far, it's been 5 or 6 days, and the coil is holding up great! Fantastic flavor, no leaking, and I've put too many tanks through it to count.

I called UWell's Los Angeles office, got someone who picked up the phone right away, and they took care of my issue (offering to replaced bad coils) immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread