uwell crown coil heads dry hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
I haven't used the pin and have been really soaking the cotton at the top putting it at 45 degrees and rotating making sure I get a good absorption. Then the four holes I soak them as well. Start at 20watts few short hits up to by until I hit 40 watts then let it sit for a few hours and work my way up from 20watts again short puffs and it a coil last me 5-7 days. I'm going to try the safety pin trick see if it prolongs the life.

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016
I haven't used the pin and have been really soaking the cotton at the top putting it at 45 degrees and rotating making sure I get a good absorption. Then the four holes I soak them as well. Start at 20watts few short hits up to by until I hit 40 watts then let it sit for a few hours and work my way up from 20watts again short puffs and it a coil last me 5-7 days. I'm going to try the safety pin trick see if it prolongs the life.

Do you rub off some of the excess build up in the coil on occasion? That can really help prolong their life as well. You can also try the vodka soaking trick, even though I personally have not, although I most definitely see how it could help. With the 0.5 duals I get about the same life as you do and use 80 VG, 70 VG, that are all generally sweet.

I prime the coils by soaking from the top at a 45 degree angle until that I see the cotton in the holes is wet as well, and then I drop a drip onto each hole. Let it saturate in the tank for 10 minutes or so and then do a couple priming hits. I start out at 30 watts, take a couple short hits, let it sit for 5 minutes, then take the wattage up by 2-3, and repeat.

Reactions: Paul Allen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread