uwell crown coil heads dry hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleGrapess

Jul 25, 2015
Bought a new pack of .5ohm dual coils heads for my crown tank, and after i got everything juiced back up i was eating dry hits, even after dropping some drops on the coil before putting on. i wasn't enjoying it so i put another new coil on thinking the other one was a dud. Finding out that they are all doing this, the coil that came with the tank worked great. But i also was using 65% VG on that coil, but on the new coils I've been using 80% VG, is it possible that its the VG base i have in it is causing these dry hits/bad flavor hits. It also feels like theres more air than vapor when taking a hit, it doesn't even feel like I'm vaping except the fact i can feel the warmth from the vapor, except I'm getting a lot of vapor once i exhale.

i can taste a little flavor but its not what its supposed to taste like and i can taste more dry vapor than flavor. So its not a full dry hit, but still really gross and displeasing

Last edited:

PurpleGrapess

Jul 25, 2015
Is your airflow ring open? Did you screw the coil in all the way? What wattage are you vaping at?

You can thin out your heavy vg juice by closing up the bottle real right and running it under some hot water for a little while. That might help it wick better.
airflow always open all the way, coil head nice and snug and i vape my .5ohm coils at 50-60 watts mostly but prime it at 30 when using a new coil

JoeMamaFool

Sep 13, 2015
How many tanks you having issues with?

Push a pin through the center of the wicking and coil. It will open it up a bit and should wick better.
You are a god! I've bought 3 Crowns and have been having the same problems with them all. After a few tanks I start getting "dry" hits. Not burnt but dry. Drove me crazy because when the tank works, its awesome. I used a pin like you said and havent had a dry hit yet. THANK YOU!

JoeMamaFool

Sep 13, 2015
Just to clarify, do you mean through the juice holes or the center of the vertical coil? Haven't gotten mine yet, but want to be prepared in case.
I just stabbed some holes vertically around the coil. Not the juice holes. It does help but it's not a 100 percent fix. I still have to loosen the top cap quite a bit for it to wick right. Again, the tanks works great for the first day or two. Then I start having this problem. It's the same on all 3 of my crowns. Such a bummer. I have the tfv4, which is great but goes through juice fast and coils are a fortune. Just ordered the starre pro... Well see. Hope this helps

Reactions: PhuryuS

PhuryuS

Aug 15, 2014
Iowa
I just stabbed some holes vertically around the coil. Not the juice holes. It does help but it's not a 100 percent fix. I still have to loosen the top cap quite a bit for it to wick right. Again, the tanks works great for the first day or two. Then I start having this problem. It's the same on all 3 of my crowns. Such a bummer. I have the tfv4, which is great but goes through juice fast and coils are a fortune. Just ordered the starre pro... Well see. Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice. I was originally going to get the TFV4, but I heard how fast it guzzles the juice and thought better of it. The Crown is so highly regarded for the combo of flavor and vapor that I'm gonna give it a try.

Reactions: smacksy

JoeMamaFool

Sep 13, 2015
Thanks for the advice. I was originally going to get the TFV4, but I heard how fast it guzzles the juice and thought better of it. The Crown is so highly regarded for the combo of flavor and vapor that I'm gonna give it a try.
Goodluck
So tempted between this and the freemax starre
I just got the freemax pro today. So far its good. ALMOST as good as the Crown. But when the Crown is operation properly nothing can touch it in my opinion. I haven't seen too many people complaining about dry hits with the Crown so I don't know... Its a tough one.

Reactions: rcalvy1

Benwa

Sep 23, 2015
Goodluck

I just got the freemax pro today. So far its good. ALMOST as good as the Crown. But when the Crown is operation properly nothing can touch it in my opinion. I haven't seen too many people complaining about dry hits with the Crown so I don't know... Its a tough one.

Yeah this is the first post I've looked into which has spoken of dry hits.. every other review I've read really totes between these 2 tanks.. Wish I could just buy both haha

JoeMamaFool

Sep 13, 2015
Ahh gotcha, I was just reading in another thread that ppl are doing the pin method that's been documented for the kanger occ's where you get a sewing needle or safety pin and poke a hole through the wick holes and it helps with the wicking to prevent dry hits.. maybe give that a go?
If you scroll up I did try that. Not the juice holes but around the coil. That paired with loosening the top cap, I can get decent hits buts it's a pain in the ..... It's a shame cause I love the crown when it works. I have three crowns and it's the same with them all. I just got the freemax starre and so far so good. I think it just dethroned the crown

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
I was having the same issues. I bought a silver crown that had white gaskets on the coils and never had an issue. I bought a black tank and all coils had black gaskets. All the black gasket coils gave dry hits after a day or two. I'm not sure if it's the coils with the black gaskets only or I just got lucky with the silver tank with white gasket coils. I took apart 3 or 4 coils looking for trouble and found nothing . All clean and not burnt. Cleaned the tank and changed the gaskets and nothing changed. What I realized is the amount, and the way the cotton is installed is causing a problem . What I been doing is poking a pin through all the juice holes . Then I poke 4 holes from the top down between the coil and case to fluff the cotton. It works flawlessly. And to think I took apart a few perfectly good coils that just need a Lil cotton fluffing. Hope this helps other as its helped me.

kraze6548

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2015
If you scroll up I did try that. Not the juice holes but around the coil. That paired with loosening the top cap, I can get decent hits buts it's a pain in the ..... It's a shame cause I love the crown when it works. I have three crowns and it's the same with them all. I just got the freemax starre and so far so good. I think it just dethroned the crown
You really need to use the pin to fluff the cotton. 1 hole threw each juice hole and 4 down from top to bottom.

Reactions: roulettegrl67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread