• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Trying to understand why there are two vapor shops in the same town in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. E-Six was the first shop and then NEVS opened up in the same town, less than a mile away. Not sure of the timing but I think it was about 2 years after E-Six opened. Rumor has it that the owners of NEVS were regular customers of E-Six and spent a lot of time in there gathering info. Now not even a year after getting into the business, NEVS claims to be the vaping experts. Hardly. Rumor also has it the NEVS thinks they will put E-Six out of business. LOL.

There really is nothing wrong with opening your own shop, but why do it right down the street? With no other shops in the entire state, why not grab a fresh area with untapped sales potential? I would think doing what they did would severely limit their business, while hurting the other shop as well. Not very sportsman like. I could see if they were both selling Pizza but they're not. Vape shops are still a very niche market and probably should be helping each other to help the market grow.

I don't know if it was a stupid plan, done out of convenience, or just arrogance. Perhaps all of the above. Seems stupid to me and a bit of a díck move as well.

So, what is the deal?

:pop:

Last edited:

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
Not a fan of nevs...seem shady and pretty sure it was done purely out of arrogance. E-six opened in August of 2012 and the owners of nevs were customers...new vapers that only had a couple months under their belts when they opened their own shop. Now don't get me wrong...I have no problem with anyone with the ambition to start up a new vape shop, I just think you should learn all there is to learn before you get your feet wet. Connecticut isn't that big, but there's plenty of room for more than one shop...it's a shame they decided to try and take over the one area that has a great shop already.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
I completely agree...we need more shops..but when the market consists of one store wouldn't it make more sense to open a shop somewhere else? ...., even the next town over...not a mile away. To me it doesn't seem very smart. I have no issue with the fact that they opened the store, just how they went about it and how they deal with it.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
How much for a 30 ml? Also do they have a nice hardware selection?

Its about $15 for a 30 ml and they have a good selection of ego style stuff, clearos & cartos, as well as a couple mid range and higher end mods(zmax, evic, puresmoker legacy, QZI hybrid...). Juice is all made in house and some of the best I've had.

ClairzyDoats

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Fairfield, CT, USA
I was at both today. Both have juice bars. NEVs has more flavors but they're more expensive. E-Six was doing far more business. I wasn't impressed with the equipment selection at either place.

Since I have huge problems finding juices I like, having two such different juice bars was nice. I was able to find a black licorice at NEVs that I quite liked and E-Six's Waterberry is the first fruit flavor I've ever liked.

I just wish we had a store closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread