Ecig shop - new business start up - Daytona Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJApoc

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
blog.djapoc.com
So I've been a member here for a while, and been vaping for a couple of years now, and I've decided to take a crack at opening my own ecig shop in town here in Daytona Beach. The only problem is, I don't have the capital to back it up. Are there any of you that might be interested in an investment/partnership?

Here in Daytona Beach, the only options anyone has ever had locally for buying ecigs is either njoy (garbage) from 7-11 or Wal-Mart, an outrageously expensive vendor in the mall ($150 for what amounts to one Blu battery. That business failed, and I can see why.) or one guy at the local flea market who had more reasonable prices, but poor quality stuff.

My intentions are to open a local brick-and-mortar shop that sells a wide variety of products, like the Joye Ego (or Riva 510 for a lower cost alternative), box mods (maybe even the Reo, if Rob will deal on a B2B basis for reselling), higher-end mods like the Darwin or Provari, and perhaps even custom-made mods (I have some technical know-how). I would also provide liquids from a variety of vendors, as well as some custom blends. These options simply do not and have never existed locally. I worry that most people who might make the switch try something like Njoy first, decide it sucks, and then just decide vaping is not for them and go back to smoking. There's plenty of awareness of e-cigs locally now, and I think it would be VERY lucrative to open a shop right now.

I could run the shop/work in the shop myself, and I already have friends in need of work who are VERY knowledgeable about vaping. I think this is a huge opportunity, and I don't want to miss out because I can't afford to do it myself >_< I'd take out a loan but my credit is in bad shape since my ex saw fit to not remove my name from her credit card account or verizon account, and then didn't pay her bills. I got that handled but it's likely to be about 90 days before it's reflected on my credit report. So yeah, I definitely need an investor or partner to make this happen.

Any takers?

On a side note: I'm trying to think of a good name for a shop that hasn't been taken yet. My original idea was VaporMart, but that's already spoken for. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread