This isn't a Puresmoker issue but can someone help or inform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
So I have a full size legacy which I LOVE! With this legacy I also purchased a Kick and extension for use with an 18650. I love this setup in theory but this thing pisses me off! Once my batteries get down to around 3.8v the kick starts its "studder-vape". This is 3.8v with no load so I have no doubt that under load it is less. I know that according to evolv's kick instructions it says that it starts the studder-vape once the battery reads 3.2v under load. I've got no means of testing these batteries under load. It just burns me up because after the first couple hours my vape quality turns to crap due to this studder-vape. Off the charger my batteries show 4.2v. When this kick works it's perfect. Unfortunately that isn't near long enough in my opinion. Any help or guidance? Am I doing something wrong? Do you think my kick may be defective in some way? Thanks in advance!

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
The more reading I do I'm thinking this is a normal thing with the kicks...that sucks. A lot. lol I guess it's better than no kick but it sure sucks they couldn't have made the cut off lower like 3.5-3.6 not under load. I have to use two fully charged 18650's to make it through a 12.5 hour shift at work with this kick. The sad part is that they aren't really even drained just too drained for the kick to function properly. Oh well! I still love my legacy!

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
I had the same problem with my Legacy + Kick , and somewhere in this part of the forums someone had already had the issue and there was a solution for this :) now I can take the battery down to 3.5 volts (no load) before its stutters. You need to clean you threads and contacts at least once a week and also use some noalox on the switch shaft and assembly. Also don't forget to put some noalox on all the threading. It helped me a lot and I now notice when its getting dirty because of the stutter vape.

Hope that helps you as much as it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread