The VVProV Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
hey guys. first off, i got my vvpv last week and it is awesome! secondly, i lost one of the screws that fasten the bottom piece on. does anyone know what size/type of screw it is? thanks.

look at the geekgirl vapor review on youtube. i believe she mentions the type of screw but someone in the comments section corrects her and states the exact type. i watched the video a while ago so don't quote me. hope this helps!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
hey guys. first off, i got my vvpv last week and it is awesome! secondly, i lost one of the screws that fasten the bottom piece on. does anyone know what size/type of screw it is? thanks.

the answer is somewhere in this thread but I can't seem to find it. Buzzkill gave the part number maybe a month or 6 weeks ago. If I were you, I'd just ask in that thread and I'm sure Buzzkill will answer you. My recollection is that it should be available at most hardware stores.

look at the geekgirl vapor review on youtube. i believe she mentions the type of screw but someone in the comments section corrects her and states the exact type. i watched the video a while ago so don't quote me. hope this helps!

It's the torx head size I commented on (T5 is the right one by the way). She said to use the smallest one in the kit and that would lead to people hogging out the torx slot accidentally so I felt a little compelled to comment on that.

That wasn't her best review. She is usually way better prepared when she reviews devices, and I usually think she's spot on with her comments. In this case: She didn't know the bottle capacity - the torx size - the charger is also pass through - a drip tip adapter was coming etc. It also really sounded like she would have been much happier with the black body instead of chrome. I really think she should have just asked notcigs to trade her for a black one. They've bent over backwards to give me good customer service. I can't imagine they wouldn't have taken care of her.

Maybe the lower Ohms will do me better since the notcigs mods run to 5.5 volts rather than the 6 volts that a lot of other VV mods can manage. What do you think? Since I am use to vaping at higher voltages I do not really have any 2.5 Ohm attys laying around--somehow they seem like they would be perfect for creating just enough heat for a hothead like me...

Yeah. 3 ohms will be OK. You'll be able to get beyond 9 watts with that and that's pretty warm. I use a 2.0 ohm hh.357 at around 4.4v. My next hh.357 buy will be 2.5 ohm, I think.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Just some notes:
I think the VVPV looks best with the drip shield since it matches the thickness of the adapter tip, and the extra thickness it gives the atomizer stem more of a balanced look. Most pics and vid's seem to have a drip shield too.
I don't like drip shield unless the atty is airy and seems most 901's are airy so that's a win. I use a stealth adapter to keep the height minimal.
Some are using a drip shield on a 510 too.

One youtube vid reviewer pointed out that the VVPV is a mod to keep for a long time because all the parts are replaceable... anything goes out, you can order a part for it.

It's amazing how fast it recharges. I ran mine down tonight, and got if charged in an hour or less.

My favorite atty is the 901 hh357 but other than that, I like an i06 (with Wharf's SS sleeve), and I'm digging a "better life" LR 901 from Valuevapor.

I'm still getting leaking at the plunge rim where the it slides down on each press, but i put a folded piece of paper towel to asorb the very slow leak. I reconfigured the tubing to minimize kinks too. That's my only problem. I have an extra bottle setup but heck it's working great as is for now. I also put an o-ring under the bottle to get the button to stick up a little higher.

I still like the LR hh357's just because I hate changing things that work great for me...don't want to jinx it. i ordered a 2.0, and a few more 1.5's. I suppose the LR's eat up the batt charge faster, but this APV's voltage can go pretty low too anyway.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
I'm thinking about changing the connector out to a 901... anybody know how "easy" that will be to change out?

I'm sure you've thought of this already, but why don't you go with a 901 to 510 adaptor (like the ones they have at empire mods). it might save you some DIY headache and the adaptors are pretty cheap!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm thinking about changing the connector out to a 901... anybody know how "easy" that will be to change out?

I asked the same thing and the response I got from Buzzkill was, "Just as easy as changing out an ipro cap". Whatever that means... -- It looks easy though. It looks like the screw is all that holds it on. Lining up the screw with the part that has the wires might be a little tedious, but probably not all that difficult.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i think i saw that post.... :)
I asked the same thing and the response I got from Buzzkill was, "Just as easy as changing out an ipro cap". Whatever that means... -- It looks easy though. It looks like the screw is all that holds it on. Lining up the screw with the part that has the wires might be a little tedious, but probably not all that difficult.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
If it were a PIA for a "thumbs" guy like me, I wouldn't do it.... i already use the stealth adapter, but i'm just thinking in terms of height; keep the profile low at the stem. so it's just aesthetics. Probably might not make much difference.
I'm sure you've thought of this already, but why don't you go with a 901 to 510 adaptor (like the ones they have at empire mods). it might save you some DIY headache and the adaptors are pretty cheap!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
000_0071.JPG

100_0785.jpg

http://dc431.4shared.com/img/uX2k9Tsp/s3/100_0780.jpg

http://dc482.4shared.com/img/NFXyDQyx/s3/0.27902932865475405/100_0177.JPG

000_0071.jpg

[ATTACH]99290.vB[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 100_0785.jpg
    100_0785.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
did anyone have trouble removing the screws to the battery compartment? i was using the supplied #5 tool and one came out very easily and the other screws just don't catch on the screw head--i spin and spin but the screws don't budge a centimeter it appears. it's been a bit of a pain. i've tried pressing harder and turning, turning quickly, and i just can't get these things off, sigh. i just wan't to charge the thing and give it a vape already (it took three weeks from the day i ordered to actually recieve the vvpv), haha.

also, what are we suppose to do with the o-ring that comes hanging from the rubber tube? maybe i'm just being a bit dense but i cannot for the life of me tell what it is for?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
did anyone have trouble removing the screws to the battery compartment? i was using the supplied #5 tool and one came out very easily and the other screws just don't catch on the screw head--i spin and spin but the screws don't budge a centimeter it appears.

also, what are we suppose to do with the o-ring that comes hanging from the rubber tube? maybe i'm just being a bit dense but i cannot for the life of me tell what it is for?

Make sure the bottle is out of the unit and the juice door set aside too. Put the batteries in with the one farthest from the juice door area being button-top down. Put the bottom cap in position and be careful of the springs making contact with the inside of the unit (there should be a Mylar sleeve so you might not have to worry about that). Push the bottom cap in to place so you can see the screw holes all line up -- and get one screw in but not completely tight - then do the kitty-corner to the one you got in. When you have two in you can tighten them up and put the other two in without fighting the springs.

The O-ring is there if you want to strap the tube to your atomizer. It's a little too small to comfortably stretch over a drip shield, though... I tossed mine in to a bag of other O-rings and forgot about it.

Clearvap

Mar 17, 2011
costa mesa, ca
Well, today was 1 month with this VVPV (it is my second unit - long story shortened: I had a different one with a problem - Mike was kind enough to trade me for brass and black rather than all chrome I started out with). -- Eyeballing the nearly empty 100 ml bottle of AVE 555, and knowing I drained another one just like it with this PV, it looks like I've gone through about ~170-175 ml.

I have 30 charge and drain cycles on the batteries and they are still getting me close to 7ml vaped from a 2.0 ohm hh.357 at usually around 4.3v but sometimes as high as 4.6v. That's impressive right there. The batteries charge in about a half hour - also impressive. :::::----> Most impressive is that the consistency remains. Every drag is just like the last one and just like the next one will be - all day long. I am indeed down to only using two mods. The VVPV is with me all the time unless I'm handling cattle or climbing a tower. Then it's my REO mini. Even my nicest and most favorite tube mods are being neglected

I have a couple of hundred cartos in my stock for my tube mods that may never get used (well at least not until I get a VV REO).

This PV has been 100% reliable and 100% predictable. If it continues this way for another month, all of my tube mods except one of my rough stacks and maybe my triple-v will be headed for the classifieds. Heck, I might even get rid of the triple-v. Along with that stuff will probably be a hundred cartos, and 50+ mod batteries I don't need any more. Plus some MAP tanks and a couple of DCT tanks and whatever cartos I have ready for those. --- I have been weeding out my collection lately, but this is really the first I've seriously considered unloading all of my stuff because it isn't getting used... supplanted by a superior device.

Hey six, I ordered a vvpv and the buzzpro... I was seeing it might be a bit of a wait. So you like your roughstack? I might have to get one if the wait is much l

Clearvap

Mar 17, 2011
costa mesa, ca
Well, today was 1 month with this VVPV (it is my second unit - long story shortened: I had a different one with a problem - Mike was kind enough to trade me for brass and black rather than all chrome I started out with). -- Eyeballing the nearly empty 100 ml bottle of AVE 555, and knowing I drained another one just like it with this PV, it looks like I've gone through about ~170-175 ml.

I have 30 charge and drain cycles on the batteries and they are still getting me close to 7ml vaped from a 2.0 ohm hh.357 at usually around 4.3v but sometimes as high as 4.6v. That's impressive right there. The batteries charge in about a half hour - also impressive. :::::----> Most impressive is that the consistency remains. Every drag is just like the last one and just like the next one will be - all day long. I am indeed down to only using two mods. The VVPV is with me all the time unless I'm handling cattle or climbing a tower. Then it's my REO mini. Even my nicest and most favorite tube mods are being neglected

I have a couple of hundred cartos in my stock for my tube mods that may never get used (well at least not until I get a VV REO).

This PV has been 100% reliable and 100% predictable. If it continues this way for another month, all of my tube mods except one of my rough stacks and maybe my triple-v will be headed for the classifieds. Heck, I might even get rid of the triple-v. Along with that stuff will probably be a hundred cartos, and 50+ mod batteries I don't need any more. Plus some MAP tanks and a couple of DCT tanks and whatever cartos I have ready for those. --- I have been weeding out my collection lately, but this is really the first I've seriously considered unloading all of my stuff because it isn't getting used... supplanted by a superior device.

Hey six, I ordered a vvpv and the buzzpro... I was seeing it might be a bit of a wait. So you like your roughstack? I might have to get one if the wait is much longer. I have a screwdriver mk, been the go-to much to my surprise. How does it compare?

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
RolyGate stepping up to a VVPV, Nice Roly

Those pics were here but they got removed by, er, the forum...

I am seriously thinking about getting one as it goes. My perfect APV would be a VV boxmod dripper with 18650's. The problem is I've got a load of 18650's and am way too mean to buy others. I still have a ton of 14500 unprotected vanilla Li-ion cells from three years back. Just too mean to bin them. I'd look pretty stupid if I used them and they blew my head off :)

Mind you it would be a good way to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat :D

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The oring is for if you want to slip it over the atty, tie the feed tube to it. I removed it, just spiral the tube counterclockwise around the atty.

Try removing the bottle before unscrewing the bottom plate, that will remove pressure. I've had no problem removing the screws, had to do it a couple times when testing things.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The problem is I've got a load of 18650's and am way too mean to buy others. I still have a ton of 14500 unprotected vanilla Li-ion cells from three years back.

The good news is that the VVPV ships with a pair of batteries, and once you put them in, you leave them there until it's time to replace them with brand new ones. It ships with a pair 900 mah protected trustfire flames. So, no risking your head with your stash of unprotected ;) (I'll refrain from telling you the details about the notcigs protection because I bet the memory of what you've already been told sticks in your mind for a lifetime <wide grin>) The even better news is that notcigs regulator is very efficient and those batts last all day and then some. I'm able to vape over 6ml per charge... and the charger is pass through so I can still vape it even while it's plugged in.

It's an extraordinary device.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Hey six, I ordered a vvpv and the buzzpro... I was seeing it might be a bit of a wait. So you like your roughstack? I might have to get one if the wait is much l

Yes. I own three rough stacks - one regular 18350 sized and two maxi's 18650 sized. They are inexpensive, durable and reliable. I must admit, though, that they aren't getting as much use since I got my VVPV. I'll carry one when I'm climbing or working with the cattle because the rough stacks are indestructible (and I do mean indestructible - mine have taken a true beating), but the VVPV has honestly completely changed the way I vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread