Cartomiser into tank cartomiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMEYE

Nov 6, 2012
Watford UK
Ok. I have been vaping now for about a year and have progressed quite quickly (I like to think). From a standard Joye Tornado tank kit (SR atomisers) to LR atomisers got me hooked on vaping and off the analogues as easy as swapping one for the other!!

I soon got annoyed with the leaking issue on the above set up and opted for LR cartomisers and a tank in the form of DCT from TW. This combined with their variable voltage ego battery was a marked improvement on the standard kit. 1.5 ohm cartomisers at about 4 volts produced more vapour and I was happy

I'm now looking to spend more money but also looking to save some in the long run - at least that's what I tell the other half:p. I'm looking at (from what I've read) the holy grail of mod - yes the Provari although I'm undecided on the mini or standard. My thinking is the replacement batteries are half the cost of one Ego variable voltage unit that I'm using at the moment (£25 compared £10) and I've already bought 4 Egos due to them giving up due to my chain vaping punishment (5-6ml a day) - Any thoughts?? Who sells them the cheapest etc

another thing - whilst trailing the web in search of cheap vaping goodies I was wondering if you could convert Cartomisers into tank cartomisers just by buying a tool for £4 and punching a couple of holes in them??

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
another thing - whilst trailing the web in search of cheap vaping goodies I was wondering if you could convert Cartomisers into tank cartomisers just by buying a tool for £4 and punching a couple of holes in them??

yes this is why they made the $4 tool

but you still need to make sure the cartos are the right length for the tank.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
If you have the money the best investment you can make is to get the Provari. They have a one year warranty. You won't have to worry about getting another battery unless you just want to get new toys.

Yes, tank cartomizers are the same cartomizers you use except you punch one or two holes in them. That is my regular trusty set up, a Provari with a Pyrex Tank from Valley View Vapes. I know you're in the UK, so I don't know about mail delivery, etc. Maybe you can find a vendor in the UK that carries pyrex tanks. Pyrex Tanks

Best of luck to you, hope you find what you need.

JIMEYE

Nov 6, 2012
Watford UK
Thanks guys for the speedy response - the beauty of different time zones....... and my insomnia LOL

TW is the only reliable UK stockist of all things vaping - we are a little behind it would seem. All my flavours come from the states, I haVE found TPA to produce some of he strongest/nicest flavours I've tried.

Provari it is..... What's your thoughts on the mini / standard size AND is a mini with the end cap extension the same size as the standard?

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I like these- easy to fill

3ml Polycarbonate Tank

You could punch your own cartos but you can get a pack of cartos already punch from him for $1.00 more.

Mom and Pops has them as well

Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

I 'ditto' the mom & pop tank. I've still using the same one (along w/a few others) that I purchased 8 months back. It's held up beautifully & the ease of filling can't be beat. They have them in 2 sizes reg. & mini & love them both. Good luck on whatever you choose!:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll also make some recommendations.

The pyrex tanks made by IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. High quality yet economical, you can get a glass tank for as low as $20. You can order pre-punched cartomizers and drip tips directly from the website to eliminate shipping costs ordering these from other vendors. The slimmer 19mm diameter size is a perfect size for the Provari. You can see a few of these tanks on my own Provari in the review that did on these tanks here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/349222-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks.html

The choice of which size Provari depends largely on how you plan to use it. If only planned for home use, I would get the regular size with the accessory extension cap (for the 18650 batteries) for all day use. If you plan to use it a lot outside the home, I'd go for the Mini Provari and carry a couple of extra batteries with me.

And yes, ordering the Mini with an extension cap would be the same as ordering a standard Provari. Best of both worlds?

ProVape E-Cigarettes: Buy Electronic Cigarettes & Smokeless Cigs

Not sure if there are UK vendors that sell the Provari or not. There is a UK forum here on ECF, perhaps inquire there. I have no idea how much international shipping might cost if ordering directly from Provape, but if you want one of the custom colors or a blue LED instead of the default red, you likely would need to order from them.

IBTanked-large-small.jpg Mini Provari 2.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg
XL and standard size IBTanks and two pics of a Provari Mini

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I went through the mini vs standard size Provari dilemma when I bought. I finally decided that stealth was less of a concern than battery life. I went for the Satin Stainless standard Provari with the extended battery cap for 18650 and chose the AW IMR batteries. I can go a full day and into the next morning on one battery, but I always carry an extra battery and some juice when I go out. That's just my Boy Scout training coming into play. ;) I seldom have to use the second battery if I start the day with a full charge. I've been vaping full steam for 7 months on 4 AW's that I rotate and have seen no drop in charge life at all. Mine are 2000mah.

I vape 3 ohm stainless steel cartos and occasionally use a Smoktech DCT tank with the LR dual coils. When I use the Smoktech, I vape them at 3.5v to 3.7v, whichever is best for the juice I'm using. You might find that you vape at lower voltage settings on a Provari than you did on your eGo (if it was a Twist). The Twist doesn't produce advertised voltage on a dual coil due to its lower current rating. Reviewers on YouTube have shown that the Twist does well at maintaining the voltage you dial with standard resistance cartos, but doesn't when you load it up with a dual coil.

If you buy the Provari with the second year warranty for $24.95, you can expect 2 years of warranty service without having to toss your ecig and re-buy. Even the included warranty gives you an entire year of free repair. You would have to pay for the shipping to them and they pay for shipping (inside the U.S.) back to you. You might want to check and see how they handle the warranty for overseas customers. They respond to emails very quickly. Maybe they have something worked out for UK customers to get in country warranty service or an exchange program in the UK. That's just a thought and I don't know how they handle it offshore. They do have a lot of customers world wide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread