New LR 306 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskalash

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Portugal
Hello Everyone,
so after reading all the reviews about the ikv lr 306 i bought some of the newest ones, hoping to get the holy grail of attys lol
So i get the first one, 7 drops, activate twice, 2 more drops, vape. Very burnt taste. keep trying to understand the atty and nothing. I always get a burnt taste, like the atty is out of liquid.
If i just heard the sound of it i would say it was flooded. If i just vape it i would say it had not enough liquid. I tryed to fill it, drop by drop, and vaping in between, till the liquid starts to come out from the bottom. Same taste.
I tryed another, clean all the primmer on it first, but same thing.
So, i'm not here to ..... around or anything. I just want to ask you, honestly, what am i doing wrong?
Is there any secret to vape on this things? Is this normal before break in the atty? I thought about that but that doesn't really make sense.
I used this attys on a couple of Hello 016 batteries.

cheers

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
Hey cskalash, are you letting the atty sit for at least a minute after doing the initial priming? What works for me is this:

1) wash out the atty with some pga or rubbing alcohol, rinse with water and blow dry.
2) give it a very brief (just a couple quick taps) dry burn.
3) prime with 5 or so drops of liquid.
4) let it sit for at least a minute, I usually give it 10-15 mins, but that's what I'm used to doing with all the different atties I use. The key is you want to that juice to soak into the bridge, wick and down to the coil (thicker juices take a bit longer than thinner juices).
5) prime again with 2-3 drops.
6) puff away.

If you did end up burning the wick you can remove it pretty easily with some tweezers. That should remove the burnt taste, but there is a risk of damaging your atty or reducing it's effectiveness to wick, aka only do it if you're ok with the risk vs reward.

cskalash

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Portugal
Thanks dudeabides. Yes i did let the bridge suck all the liquid, tried with 50/50 pg/vg wich is what i am using right now. I'll try with 100%pg and a new atty and see if it changes anything. Again, that would be unusual, i've been using 50/50 with 4/5 attys now and they all work great.
Also is the sizzling in this attys like normal attys? i mean i know if a atty is flooded, perfect, or out of liquid just by listening the sizzling. But this one, lets just say i find it very strange... Well i'll take a new one, rinse it with cold tap water and blow it several times (just like i normally clean attys), let it dry, use 100% pg liquid, following your priming suggestion and see how it works.

thanks

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
on the 306 lr i have, i use them at 3.7

i take the new one out, with the cart on i blow it out with a towel on the bat end, get most of the primer out that way.

i only fire it up once or twice, real quick, just to make sure it fires and glows, no more then a few split second fires.

then i drop a few drops right on the mesh and let is soak in, then a few in the side between the mesh on the wick

i just did that today actually on a brand new 306 and its hitting and tasting like a champion

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Where is Switched when you need him. He has the answer. Try PMing him.

I haven't replied to date because I haven't tried the new ones. OTOH an atty is an atty. I also support that not all liquids vape the same in different attys. :(

I will add though that to see if an atty works, should have been conducted prior to blowing the primer out. IMO firing a relatively dry atty is a no no, or use a multi meter. The design of the 306 makes the wick extremely susceptible to scorching, and that is why most of us remove it prior to use.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I haven't replied to date because I haven't tried the new ones. OTOH an atty is an atty. I also support that not all liquids vape the same in different attys. :(

I will add though that to see if an atty works, should have been conducted prior to blowing the primer out. IMO firing a relatively dry atty is a no no, or use a multi meter. The design of the 306 makes the wick extremely susceptible to scorching, and that is why most of us remove it prior to use.

There you are! I'm glad I don't have to drive up north to check your pulse... :)

cskalash

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Portugal
Hey guys i guess i did it :D
Usually i just blow an atty on a paper towel or something to get most of the primmer out and it works good, but i guess the primer on this attys is specially nasty :D
So i washed it (water and blowing), let it dry out, 5 drops, wait a couple of minutes, + 3 drops, wait a minute, tried it, and yes it's working good with 100%PG liquid.
Next i tried it with ry4 50/50, and it keeps working good, no burnt taste.
Bottom line, wash this attys before use, that's what i've learned with this :)
Thanks everyone
Cheers

cskalash

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Portugal
Yes it did Isaac. And i believe you should put some note about that near the instructions on how to drip in it ( 7 + 2), something like "In case you get a nasty flavor don't trough the atty in the dumpster right away :D, wash it first and then try it".
Maybe the primmer on this new lr 306 is stronger, i don't know.
Well it worked, so thank you guys, thank you Isaac.

Cheers

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Yes it did Isaac. And i believe you should put some note about that near the instructions on how to drip in it ( 7 + 2), something like "In case you get a nasty flavor don't trough the atty in the dumpster right away :D, wash it first and then try it".
Maybe the primmer on this new lr 306 is stronger, i don't know.
Well it worked, so thank you guys, thank you Isaac.

Cheers
Your totally right Cska,
Honestly, I didn't anticipate the heavy amount of primer as usually we use a very minimal amount of PG. Just enough to keep everything lubricated. They went overboard this time because of the new heating elements as a precaution. I have a customer, a doctor to be exact that sends all of his units through an autoclave to clean them. The mortality rate of these guys have been phenomenal so far. Only one 306 atomizer out of both of the 510 and 306 models was reported to fail. I'll definitely make note of washing these on the store. We already did receive the next batch. I'll go through them when I get a moment for a proper inspection. Thanks for he feedback!

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
That is why I never responded originally as I have not tried a new one. I don't recall ever blowing out an IKV atty. They are normally straight out of the box, prime and vape away (outside of dewicking).

I got the new ones and didn't bother to blow them out for that reason. Maybe that was my problem..However, my HV IKV (new ones) work just fine w/o having blown them out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread