The Snow Report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Ah dearheart, I'm so sorry for you. I went onto weather.com this morning and said, "OMG those poor people!" See, I knew about the weather extremes lateley, but IDK y'all were having a new Red Alert back there, not counting the 13 tornados that have been verified. I wish I had a huge mansion down here, b/c I'd sure let y'all snowbird here where you could wear flip flops and tank tops.

emilysunshine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Texas
No snow here. 90 degrees today and lots of blowing dirt.
dustyskies.jpg

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I know exactly what you mean. When I was a child, I liked in a desert region in CA called the San Joaquin Valley Desert. We lived very close to a creek bed, and in the winter every once in a while we would have flash floods. Nobody could every understand what a flash flood is and how dangerous they are unless they've seen them or been in one. It was scary.

The same thing with the wind storms. In our sandstorms, my dad had to go down to the corral and tie burlap tarp protection around our cow and pig so the sand wouldn't make them bleed. We got caught in a windstorn in our car and had to pull over. The wind rocked the car so much I thought it would roll over, and the sand came through the door hinges even though water didn't.

Kind of makes me sad for what our military troops went through overseas. I'm glad most of them are back.

emilysunshine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Texas
Looks neat, but it is miserable. Stupid wind. Everything in the house feels gritty.

I guess I should quit complaining. My nephew is in the military. A quote from his Facebook page- "Still in Kuwait, going to Iraq in 2 more days. Nothing but sand, sand, and more sand! I miss the states already. And grass."

I really have nothing to complain about...

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
We've had flash flooding here this week - and were we use to live 4 kids and their parents were killed in a flash-flood on Thursday. Gotta respect the water.

Yes, I read that on the Google news page. That was so, so tragic.

Sometimes if it storms really hard outside, I'm almost afraid to go to sleep for free a tree will topple on my home. It's happened twice to me is why it still bothers me. The first time I actually wasn't in the house. I was in the hotel bar across the street when my daughter called the restaurant and told me by phone a tree fell on our home and she was trapped inside. When I ran across the street the firemen were already there cutting the tree away from the front door.

The second time was when I had just had my home built and moved (manufac. hous'g). It wasn't even a year old when a tree fell onto my master bath/bedrm area and did a lot of damage including shattering the car windshild and denting it up, taking out my storage shed and a corner of the bathroom. TG for insurance.

I guess I should quit complaining. My nephew is in the military. A quote from his Facebook page- "Still in Kuwait, going to Iraq in 2 more days. Nothing but sand, sand, and more sand! I miss the states already. And grass."

I really have nothing to complain about...

Well, it's human nature, so don't worry about that. I complain when it gets cold b/c that's why I moved back down to CA from OR -- for the good sunny, warm weather. As it usually is, I couldn't have better weather here in SoCal where we don't even own coats, just windbreakers and sweaters. I had to go through storage this year to find a jacket. It looked brand new since I've rarely worn it, LOL.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Ha! Bet you thought this thread was dead! Nope, it's not.

You know why? Because it NEVER stops snowing in Minnesota. NEVER!!!

One day you're cleaning up the garden, doing yard work, starting to get some color back into your skin so you don't look like the underbelly of a dead, floating crappie.

Then, BAM! 3-4 inches of snow. Yep. Snow.

I'm crawling back to bed and not coming out until June when I know there is absolutely no possible way that it will snow.

Stupid snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread