Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I extracted the Brigadier Black Alamo last winter....
Brigadier Black Alamo - Pipes and Cigars

Extracted (cold maceration) - Winter 2021
Mixed (30/70 w/10mg nicotine) - 6/6/2021

Smooth. Very Smooth. This is a Black Cavendish Blend, very easy on the palate. It is supported by a mild Burley (maybe a White Burley ?) that adds little more a tobacco body to the blend. The sweetness of the Black Cavendish is assisted by a subtle Mocha top note. A quick "Google check" describes Mocha as a specific coffee bean grown in Mocha, Yemen. The term has been adapted by a chocolate-coffee mix. This adaption describes the subtle top note that has been added. The supposed addition of 'nougat', a sugar based candy, is not noticeable.
Though Black Cavendish and White Burley are traditionally mild tobaccos, together they bump this to a mild-medium flavor enhanced by the coffee and chocolate soft notes of the mocha. Very much a dessert vape, this could be enjoyed quite a bit by those who indulge in an after-dinner coffee, without the caffeine.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
During the past ten years my taste preference has changed many times. I've been through a Virginia/ Perique phase, a Burley/Black Cavendish phase, an Oriental-Turkish phase, a Cigar leaf phase and a Latakia blend phase. I'm currently enjoying a weird hybrid Cigar phase. Ahlusion's "Caramel Wild Wood" mixed with extract of Acid Blondie cigars....go figure. I just wonder what tomorrow will bring. That's one of the things I like about making NETs, there's really no limit to what can be created.

This past year I've read various posts of vendors shutting down and people scrambling to find a replacement for their favorite juice. I'm -so- glad I learned how to make my own early on.

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
So, eleven tobaccos just went into their three month soak in PG. I decided to go back to Cold Maceration because ;
1) it's Mamaw's kitchen.
2) I actually prefer the nuances of a good tobacco blend over the strength of the tobacco.
3) Being clean and sober for 29 years, I really don't care for 190 proof alcohol in my house.
4) Cold Maceration is easier, anyways.

A few notes: H&H Anniversary Kake has been loose and dry in years past, but this year it was still tight (like the kake wasn't totally shredded) and while breaking up the tobacco it was still a little moist. Hoping for a good flavor.
Also, H&H Midtown Chestnut was horribly dry and brittle. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Smoking Pipes tobaccos generally seem slightly fresher, based on moistness and aroma.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
So last night I dumped maybe a pint of various extracts left over from last year into an old pitcher, mixed with a pint of so of hot water, and poured out into the woods out back.
Mamaw said "Are you throwing all that away ?"
I said "Yep. And this time next year I'll be throwing away a lot more because of the mailing limitations."

Hate wasting good extracts, but that's where we are. Hopefully there is enough information here for anyone who might be interested in trying ; Thoughts on Beginning to Extract Tobacco Flavors

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
So, eleven tobaccos just went into their three month soak in PG. I decided to go back to Cold Maceration because ;
1) it's Mamaw's kitchen.
2) I actually prefer the nuances of a good tobacco blend over the strength of the tobacco.
3) Being clean and sober for 29 years, I really don't care for 190 proof alcohol in my house.
4) Cold Maceration is easier, anyways.

A few notes: H&H Anniversary Kake has been loose and dry in years past, but this year it was still tight (like the kake wasn't totally shredded) and while breaking up the tobacco it was still a little moist. Hoping for a good flavor.
Also, H&H Midtown Chestnut was horribly dry and brittle. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Smoking Pipes tobaccos generally seem slightly fresher, based on moistness and aroma.
Just keep in mind, moist tobacco can dramatically affect the viscosity of the end result when doing cold maceration. The moister, the thinner the juice.
(Based on experience)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Revisiting Hearth & Home Frenchy's S.O.B's. Not quite as impressed as when it first extracted. Mixed this bottle in mid-December, about six months after extraction. The sweeter notes have faded, leaving a harsher Burley taste. Maybe a little Perique involved, but not quite as enjoyable as when I first extracted it.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
KIMG0400.JPG

Needs to be filtered this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread