• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tejas Vapin' Logo Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Aww, come on now. I suggest we take that *club* and knock 'em in the head with it so we can be free to do whatever we want - dammit! :lol::evil::lol:

Of course I'm just kidding. It's unfortunate but we should be very cautious with the wording on anything we produce or advertise in regards to our alternative choice of nicotine intake.

Oh, I agree, but until the legal issues are ironed out we may have to selectively kiss a few asses. When the time comes to where we are comfortably in a *safe* zone, I'll be the first one to tell the "whiners" to f**k off. It's sad, but I'll do what I have to do to keep vapin'.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
OK, Could just be me, but I think a dead (looking) armadillo isn't making a good statement for e-vaping. Maybe if he appeared a little....cooler/hipper, and less.....dead. lol

Sorry, I know I shouldn't comment since I haven't submitted any alternatives, but I do have some ideas I want to work out in a 3d graphic.

On the armadillo path...

Looking forward to see what you come up with, SmokingInTexas.

I'm not too keen on the road kill either, lol. Sorry about that, I know our little armored friend in those designs is supposed to be chillin' with an ecig. But... He does kinda look like he was just knocked off the road by a Mack truck.

I just found this pic while surfing Google. If we end up using our state animal we might consider something like this. Without the guns of course. We don't want to scare our out of state friends.

m_3065ef214529009a94d941fcbb9122e4.gif

[This is not a logo submission]

This just an example and would need to be completely redone. But you've got to admit this little guy is looking pretty cool. If someone is good at drawing, give it a go if you want.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Yep, I agree, He could be mistaken for being dead.
I used to have a stuffed armadillo holding a beer can. He always looked drunk and passed out to me. :D
I have talked with many people who have never been to Texas who think it is nothing but cactus and tumble weeds. They had been watching too many old westerns that weren't even filmed here. A picture of road kill would just reinforce their beliefs.

Looks like ptboos came up with another one, at least he looks like he is still alive.

Oh, how about the Horny Toad? Those poor little guys are all but extinct thanks to the Fire Ants. Maybe we could revive them. LOL.
Ok, I'll quit throwing out ideas, or I'll have ptboos staying up all night doing these.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
TejasVapinlogo-draft-500.jpg

Here's a little something I worked on this morning. It looks more like a seal than a logo.

Interesting facts:

The star is from the obverse side of a 1840 Texas Republic 3 Dollar bank note.

The letters T E J A S are also from this bank note. The "J" in Tejas was made using the original "T" and "S" while the original "X" was removed.

The background that resembles parchment was made using a photo scan of the bank note and then manipulated in PS to make it more suitable.

The words I integrated with the letters V A P I N are a bit on the corny side but was all I could think of at the moment. It looked ridiculous with just the big letters at the points of the star. It's also really difficult to come up wording that works and keeps it uniform to the shape. This is one the main reasons I don't think it would work. That and it looks a little too governmental...lol

Overall I'm not happy with it and wouldn't even consider suggesting that we use it. Yet I still wanted to share it with the group because I had fun doing it and spent way too much time on it to just chunk it in the can, lol.

Maybe at a later date I could put it on some Tejas Vapin play money (haha).

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
*bump*

Any more ideas/submissions on a logo? There's no real hurry but we are growing... and should probably choose an image to represent us ;)

Let's give it the rest of this week and see if anyone has anything else to add. Then we'll put what we have up for a vote via a poll.

This is what we have so far:

A-tv-logo-menolly-001.jpg

A - Submitted by Menolly

B-tv-logo-butterbean03-002.jpg

B - Submitted by Butterbean03

C-tv-logo-butterbean03-001.jpg

C - Submitted by butterbean03

D-tv-logo-ptboos-001.jpg

D - Submitted by ptboos

E-tv-logo-ptboos-Nicfits-001.jpg

E - Submitted by ptboos & Nicfits

F-tv-logo-ptboos-Nicfits-002.JPG

F - Submitted by ptboos & Nicfits

G-tv-logo-ptboos-Nicfits-003.JPG

G - Submitted by ptboos & Nicfits

H-tv-logo-ptboos-002.jpg

H - Submitted by ptboos

I-tv-logo-lika-001.jpg

I - Submitted by Lika

Notes:

I'm thinking of omitting the black & white versions of the same designs when these go up for vote since the only difference is removing the color. It should be a given that we need a logo that will look good in both color and b&w print. Hopefully that will play a factor in our voting. If anyone thinks it's necessary I can post a b&w of each submission along side the original.

I wasn't going to include my own design but a couple of people liked it so here it is. I'm still not happy with the wording on it and would want to ask for ideas to change it.

butterbean said he could change the wording on his too if we're not happy with the "environmental" slogan.

I think overall design is the important thing we should look at first. Once we make our final decision we can make small adjustments to wording, etc.

I also liked the idea of leaving room to add regional chapters to the logo. We should keep that in mind. Generally that could be added to the bottom of almost anyone of these.

If any of you want to make changes to your design just post them here and I'll take care of replacing them.

Right now we only have a few basic designs. But we do have lots of armadillos! :) If we get more submissions we might consider polling for the overall top three and then vote from those for the final winner.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
That one is pretty cool. I'm a black and white kinda guy but so far thats my fav.

It's funny you mention that, keg. Though I love color, I was thinking the along the same lines, "what it would like in black and white for print, etc." So I took the logo into photoshop. Removed the red/blue colors leaving only white behind the letters & star. Then desaturated (removed all color) the entire image and... Voila! It looked great! I'm really liking this one too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread