Sub ohm juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Van down by the river, USA
I've been doing all the research that goes into the epic journey into sub-ohm vaping, got great batteries (Sony hybrids), an ohms meter, a volt reader and a highly recommended batter charger. I've become familiar with Ohms law and have the calculator on my phone, the formula on a post it note on my monitor, and an extension in my browser. I'm ready to do it, and do it without modifying my face, hands, house, so on and so forth.

The only concern I have remaining leads to my question. I'm worried about my e-juice burning!! Burnt juice is pretty gross, and it really bites when you burn the juice right off the bat with a full tank. I did it on my Protank 2 once and it was just awful. Now that I've got a couple RBA's and a mech mod, the possibility of burning the juice seems a bit higher.

Are there any juices that anyone can recommend for sub-ohm vaping? Or at least what the properties of the juice should be? I don't do any DIY juices yet (need more money to get started), So I'm going to go with something pre-made that's VG heavy, from 70% to 100%. I'm not sure how that would factor into things. I currently use organic cotton wicks but have 3mm silica wick on standby, that may be a factor I'm not aware of too.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I love to tinker with my coils, hate tinkering with burnt juice lol

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Any juice that would not burn would not be worth vaping or maybe unsafe IMO. PG and VG are both combustible. In theory if you have the wick system to support it you can go pretty high on the wattage. But I'm not aware of a formula or cheat sheet to help with that. One thing to note VG will give you the illusion of more vapor as it is more visible than PG. I have never found a juice that won't burn. But I have not tried PEG yet.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
Its mostly how you have your wicking set up at high power. If your wicking cant keep up you will have dry hits and or burning of the wicking material. Also higher vg could be too thick to run in a tank at high power without thinning it a tad. A bit of distilled water or PGA (pure grain alcohol) can help with wicking thicker liquids. PGA will give more throat hit though.

Also, Your cotton has to be saturated before you try to vape at high power otherwise you have a higher chance of burning your wick at the start.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Good question, as not all juices taste good sub-ohmed. I have a Lemon Meringue Pie, that at 37 watts, taste like Lea&Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
In the Kayfun...I can taste the lemon, the crust and the cream...

So VERY good question my friend. I find that citruses keep up nice at S/O, like ectos. The reason the aforementioned LMP didn't do good, was all the other stuff.

Oh, and custards usually do good.

Too bad there isn't a good data base compiled of S/O worthy juices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread