Juice and sub-ohm vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Van down by the river, USA
I've had juice burn on me once and it was pretty gross. Tasted like I was vaping a dirty sock with a hint of flavor. Flavor of suck. That was on a Protank 2. Now that I've made the transition to mechanical mods and RBAs, I've got some 28 gauge kanthal on the way with the intent of making sub ohm coils. I've done all the research and I've purchased the right equipment. Quality Sony hybrid batteries, a good charger, ohms meter and a volt meter.

What I'm most concerned about is I'm going to utterly toast my juice on the first go. Are there any characteristics to e-juice I should look for when sub ohming? Or will just about any juice do? I've got some 100% VG juice on the way but I've also got 50/50 juice in my stash as well as some 70/30 VG heavy juice.

Anyone's experiences in regard to this would be greatly appreciated!!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
My experience as a sub-ohm vaper for nearly a year is that if you want juice that works in your build you make your own for what you will be vaping it in. You have already done your homework on your vape, and it will serve you well to invest a little time and money in learning to make your own juice.

What ohms are you vaping at that is burning your juice?

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
My experience as a sub-ohm vaper for nearly a year is that if you want juice that works in your build you make your own for what you will be vaping it in. You have already done your homework on your vape, and it will serve you well to invest a little time and money in learning to make your own juice.

What ohms are you vaping at that is burning your juice?

With the Protank2 I believe it was 2.2 ohms where I burnt the juice, I can't remember the voltage setting but I think it was about a 4.2volt vape. It was that or at 7 watts. (MVP2)

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
in my experience pro-tanks burn juice easy at high wattage. rda's are much better than those replacable heads. its all about airflow and wicking the coil is the least important of the three.

I haven't used my protank2 since my Kayfun 3.1 clone arrived, and I'm currently waiting on a Fogger V4 (YAYYYY!!!!). I haven't got into dripping yet, but it's coming soon I have a feeling... I started with a Kayfun, loved it. Next day I ordered a Fogger. Pretty sure that next week I'll have ordered an RDA XD

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
I haven't used my protank2 since my Kayfun 3.1 clone arrived, and I'm currently waiting on a Fogger V4 (YAYYYY!!!!). I haven't got into dripping yet, but it's coming soon I have a feeling... I started with a Kayfun, loved it. Next day I ordered a Fogger. Pretty sure that next week I'll have ordered an RDA XD

Theres really no way to tell if a juice will burn at sub ohm's or not. Pretty much trial and error. I recently got my stillare (RDA) clone and my nemesis. Some of the first juices I got would burn and taste horrible. I'm guessing a high PG juice will be less likely to burn. Right now I'm using epipemods Oak Barrel Cider in my stillare and it tastes quite amazing at 0.57 ohms.

Jaymus

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Theres really no way to tell if a juice will burn at sub ohm's or not. Pretty much trial and error. I recently got my stillare (RDA) clone and my nemesis. Some of the first juices I got would burn and taste horrible. I'm guessing a high PG juice will be less likely to burn. Right now I'm using epipemods Oak Barrel Cider in my stillare and it tastes quite amazing at 0.57 ohms.

Ah, well. The adventure shall continue then!! I'll just have to try a PG heavy blend at some point. I typically avoid them because my throat is pretty sensitive to the throat hit aspect of vaping. Don't get me wrong, I like it. Just not more than 50/50 usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread