Straw Mod on the 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDraconis

Jun 29, 2009
Has anyone tried the straw mod on the 510 carts? I'm having some issues with mine.. I used a Capri-Sun straw that I crimped flat with some pliers to an inside middle thickness of approx. .5mm-1mm and have it sitting about 1.5mm down from the edge of the cart to avoid the atomizer. I cut the straw so that it doesn't sit flush on the bottom, and tried a few different variations on the top of the straw.. either way, it doesn't seem to be working right.. I even tried pulling some of the fill out, but that didn't make any differences, and I can't take any more fill out without having issues because of that too..

Any ideas? :confused:

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Great results for the straw mod in my experience up to now.. I use a q-tip on the side of the cart, it is about 2mm below the end of the cart, no problems so far except for the increased liquid consumption...not only you can add more than 2 drops using it but it keeps the liquid flow while you vape so you need to use more liquid...but I`d say 10-15% more

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I cut the coffee stirrer to just an unch below the top of the cart. I cut an angle on one end of the stirrer and put it all the way into the cart - resting against the side of the cart.

I also cut a very small portion of a spring (about 1/4" or a bit less) from a pen and insert that all the way into the cart.

Then I put the filler in and fill the cart with liquid.

This definitely drains those puppies dry before needing to top off.

viachy

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
I cut the coffee stirrer to just an unch below the top of the cart. I cut an angle on one end of the stirrer and put it all the way into the cart - resting against the side of the cart.

I also cut a very small portion of a spring (about 1/4" or a bit less) from a pen and insert that all the way into the cart.

Then I put the filler in and fill the cart with liquid.

This definitely drains those puppies dry before needing to top off.

Sorry :confused: Did not get it all... how do you use the spring and why is it needed. What does it help for ?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread