This little "twist" makes the straw mod work 100% better

Status
Not open for further replies.

V10Beast

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
California
I own a 510 and found a better way to make my straw mod work waaay better. First of all, I used a small Round straw and made the typical angle cut. But here is the difference. The angle cut is not too high on the straw; It's about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom. I align the straw at the corner of the cart and turn the opening of the cut AWAY from the polyfill.

This way, it creates an empty pocket/chamber at the bottom of the cart where soaked polyfill cannot block. The result is that I get to drop 5-6 drops (thus, vaping 5-6 equilvalent drops) before topping off.

Before, when I had the opning facing the polyfill, I get about 2-3 drops of vaping. Also, through trial and error, I cut the entire length of the straw signifcantly shorter that the top of the cart b/c I once damaged the metal wick with a straw that was too high (I noticed an indentation on the atty wick).

Just make sure not to have any filling covering the top of the straw and when refilling, drip the liquid on the opposite side of where the straw is so that the liquid never covers the top of the straw opening.

Note: On the straw I am using (taken from a local coffee shop, stirrer), there is a white strip on it, so after I made the cut right on the white line, I was easily able to aim the slit away from the filling from just looking at the stripe.

Attachments

• IMG00271-20090822-1803.jpg
    IMG00271-20090822-1803.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG00270-20090822-1802.jpg
    IMG00270-20090822-1802.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread