Store owners-any legal troubles? Working on Online Store/Local Supplier buisiness.. Is it safe if I dont sell nic liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
When choosing a name for your new ecig company, are there any words you should stay away from? Like smoke, vapor, healthy,etc...

Definitely stay away from healthy, safe, quit, any derivatives of those words. If you use smoke, include "e" or "no". And remember, you URL can also be used as part of your marketing so think about that when choosing your URL. (If your company is named one thing but the URL says healthysmokes or something, then you are technically making a health claim through your URL)

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
First thing to do is geat a business license and incorporate your business. This will prevent somebody from suing your personal assests. If you are incorporated they can only sue your business. You should get a state license and file state taxes every quarter. You only have to pay taxes on sales made within your own state. There are numerous suppliers out there so competion will be tough. You can use google and yahoo for a fee which is usually not cheap. You usually pay a certain amount then pay per click on your site.

It is much cheaper if you design you own website and are able to do the changes. My husband has an internet sites sellnig knives. He pays a flat amount of 495.00 to google and .25 per click.You allow so much money for the number of click you will accept. He designed his own website and does all changes including inventory on his items.

You must choose a name no body else has registered with. This can be difficult because the market is flooded right now. You could make money if your prices and realiable are good. It think the tupeware parties is a good idea.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Really appreciate the info guys. Yes I already have two small businesses, one is top of the line sign shop and the other is a solar electric business. I was searching for help on names and what not to do. I know I am going to have to be creative with the name because I want a .com not a .biz etc... I do my own web sites and not sure for now I will put one up. This is just a hobby and every bar and restaurant with a bar I go, people ask me a lot of questions. I spend a lot of time educating them. These are prospective customers locally. Thanks again for the help!

Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread