Heading to local supplier after work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenpang

Apr 3, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

It's Day 2 of this journey for me (vaping, that is; haven't given up analogs yet), and I'm ready to move up from my blu disposable -- the only e-cig I've tried thus far.

I was initially trying to compare suppliers to select a website, but it seems the model is more important? From what I've read here, I believe I should go with either a 510 or eGo model. I've seen these models on plenty of the ECF suppliers websites, and they are also available at a local e-cig store I found in my area. It is my understanding that joyetech is a quality brand.

Now I'm confused about what all of the websites that pop up when you google "electronic cigarettes" are actually selling. (Examples: V2, South Beach Smoke, Green Smoke, and Vapor Couture.) None of these websites specify the model of the e-cigs at all (at least not that I saw). Are these companies simply selling their own knock-off versions of joyetech models? And why don't they specify the model?

Does it make sense for my next step to be to visit my local supplier after work today? They're called Misty Mountain Vapors, website here: Misty Mountain Vapors Electronic Cigarette Sales

There, I can see everything in person and even try out some e-liquids at the tasting bar. I imagine I will purchase one of the models (510-T, eGo, eGo-T, or eGo-C) and all of the stuff I need, plus e-liquids.

Sorry I'm such a noob! I'm not sure I even know what I'm talking about enough yet to visit the shop, haha.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Hi again!

Most *good* shops will be able to provide you with some education as well. My advice? A local shop is *excellent* to have, even if you have to pay a bit more than you would online. If something breaks or you want to try something new you can usually do it that same day rather than waiting around for the post! That's why even though I spend most of my e-cig budget on online vendors I STILL try to spend some locally, to help keep my shop in the business!

As for what Misty Mountain has? I know it's a bit more expensive but ask them to show you the "ego Twist" and what makes it different from the others. You might also want something to vape on while that one is recharging so if your budget allows either get a USB pass through (no battery, it just plugs into your computer or an adapter) or get a second Twist. A couple of "clearos", a charger and some juice and you should be all set!

Good luck and be sure you come back and share your experience with us! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It's Day 2 of this journey for me (vaping, that is; haven't given up analogs yet), and I'm ready to move up from my blu disposable -- the only e-cig I've tried thus far.
Congrats and well done :thumbs:

From what I've read here, I believe I should go with either a 510 or eGo model. I've seen these models on plenty of the ECF suppliers websites, and they are also available at a local e-cig store I found in my area. It is my understanding that Joyetech is a quality brand.
There's the "510 PV/ cig sized" (not much of an upgrade) and the "510 threaded PVs".
eGo Class PVs:
JoyTech eGo fires at 3.3 volts
Kgo fires at 3.7 volts
Smok Tek eGo fires at 3.7 volts
I own both JT eGO and Kgo and notice the diff. All the above PVs are manufactured by large and reputable companies

There, I can see everything in person and even try out some e-liquids at the tasting bar. I imagine I will purchase one of the models (510-T, eGo, eGo-T, or eGo-C) and all of the stuff I need, plus e-liquids.
Stay away from the outdated "tank" system (cartridges+ atomizer as they are prone to leaks.
Joyetech logo eGo-C starter kits with 650mAh batteries and type A atomizers

*Joye eGo-C atomizer body(atomizer base+atomizer cover) 2pc
*Joye eGo-C atomizer head 5pc

*Manual 650mAh Joye eGo-C battery (with"eGo-C" logo and 5-click protection)
sealed battery. One full-charged new battery can support about 6 hours vapaing 2pc
*Fast USB charger for eGo-C battery 1pc
*100-240V 500mA mini flat AC-USB adapter 1pc
*Pouch 1pc
*Manual(English) 1pc
*Empty semi-transparent eGo-T tank cartridges (white)
one tank cartridge can carry about 1.1ml e-juice, which can support about 200 mouthfuls, which is equivalent to 13 real cigarettes 5pc

.*Rubber mouthpiece cover 2pc
Joyetech eGo-c

rdix33

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Let me start by saying, I'm no expert, but based on checking out the website for about 5 minutes, their prices look pretty standard for a brick and mortar store. Hardware is a bit more pricy than you can find online, but I personally think we should support our local small businesses. There will come a day when your last battery dies and you need a replacement fast.

The juice prices aren't bad at all. My local shop here charges about $1.50 per ml. We buy from there every once in a while.

As far as the V2's, and South beach, I really don't have any experience with them but I would guess they're like Njoy and they make their own styles.

I would recommend starting with something like an eGo or 510. They can be found just about anywhere, and most are pretty reasonably priced. My setup is just an Ego-T battery and a Kanger Clearomizer. Works great for me and it's simple and cheap. About $20 worth of hardware and the Kangers can last me a month or so before replacing the coil for about $2.

greenpang

Apr 3, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Stay away from the outdated "tank" system (cartridges+ atomizer as they are prone to leaks.
Joyetech logo eGo-C starter kits with 650mAh batteries and type A atomizers

*Joye eGo-C atomizer body(atomizer base+atomizer cover) 2pc
*Joye eGo-C atomizer head 5pc

*Manual 650mAh Joye eGo-C battery (with"eGo-C" logo and 5-click protection)
sealed battery. One full-charged new battery can support about 6 hours vapaing 2pc
*Fast USB charger for eGo-C battery 1pc
*100-240V 500mA mini flat AC-USB adapter 1pc
*Pouch 1pc
*Manual(English) 1pc
*Empty semi-transparent eGo-T tank cartridges (white)
one tank cartridge can carry about 1.1ml e-juice, which can support about 200 mouthfuls, which is equivalent to 13 real cigarettes 5pc

.*Rubber mouthpiece cover 2pc
Joyetech eGo-c

So the eGo-C is the "tank system" and therefore not recommended?

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Is this different from the eGo-T?

Yes. The "Twist" (and similarly the Vision "Spinner" models) are "Variable Voltage" batteries. They allow you to adjust the power output of the battery to your personal likely any time you want by twisting the bottom of the batt. This will change how much vapor is produced as well as the "temperature", something you will feel *and* taste, and you may have different setting preferences for each different juice. A very nice feature that I recommend to everyone getting started.

Ask the shop to show you... maybe they will let you try both it and the ego-t.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com

No. There are basically two kinds of "tanks". One takes replaceable cartridges known as "cartomizers" (which I tend to avoid) and the other uses a fiber wick generally referred to as "clearomizers", like an oil lamp. Everyone has their own preferences but I personally dislike the idea of throwing away things like metal cartridges.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Yes all try a google search for "eGo-C or eGo-T leaking"- plenty of hits and when it came out it was the first "tank" system but is now outdated as there are far better and reliable delivery systems (holds and vaporizes the juice) available.

cyberprime

Mar 22, 2013
Phoenix Area
My first step up was the standard ego-510 battery with clearomizers (T2). I think that's a pretty good starting point. From there you can always experiment with cartomizers or dripping. I've moved up to a Vamo now. But it's nice to have the old 510 batteries around when I need them. You might also take a look at the Twist, which is about the same thing, except you can vary the voltage.

The bigger units like the Vamo kinda scared me away at first, so I was more comfortable with the small 510 batteries (600ohm). Though, they seemed pretty damn big to me when I first got them.

cyberprime

Mar 22, 2013
Phoenix Area
Let me start by saying, I'm no expert, but based on checking out the website for about 5 minutes, their prices look pretty standard for a brick and mortar store. Hardware is a bit more pricey than you can find online, but I personally think we should support our local small businesses. There will come a day when your last battery dies and you need a replacement fast.

I am with you on this. I love supporting my local shop (Xtreme Vapour) although I do buy plenty of stuff online. I paid more than I had to when I bought my first kit from them. But, boy was I happy when my only charger died and I was able to take it there for immediate free replacement instead of having to wait a week to get a new one from the internet.

Edit: Because I see that rdix33 and I are both in Phoenix. Maybe you go to Xtreme Vapour's shop too?

Last edited:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
The bigger units like the Vamo kinda scared me away at first, so I was more comfortable with the small 510 batteries (600ohm). Though, they seemed pretty damn big to me when I first got them.

LOL! I know, right?!? I bought my first Vision Spinner a few weeks ago and at the time thought it was HUGE compared to the cig-a-like batts I was used to. Then I also went the VAMO route and even the Spinners look small now. My friend has 650mah eGos and I think I told her they were "cute" the other day... so tiny!!! :D

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
My first step up was the standard ego-510 battery with clearomizers (T2). I think that's a pretty good starting point. From there you can always experiment with cartomizers or dripping. I've moved up to a Vamo now. But it's nice to have the old 510 batteries around when I need them. You might also take a look at the Twist, which is about the same thing, except you can vary the voltage.

I agree with Oktyabr. My first PV was a Mech Mod- guyz thought it was cooool and the galz thought it was gross
Mega.jpg

Next bought Kgo, eGo, SD Keyring, Twists, Spinners, Provari and they were nice for out and about. Just got my Vamo today and although large it's an incredible steam machine and VW is what vaping was meant to be. Some of us get to the point where the quality of the vape is more important than the look IMHO. With the prices of VV PVs dropping it's hard to not buy a VV/ VW Mod.
Bottom line...I've got PVs from 2 1/2" long to 5 1/4" long- they all have a place in my style of vaping.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I keep thinking about buying one of these and a couple of cartomizers to match...

Key Chain Mini EGO Battery(350mah)

I wonder if they make a keychain holder for a cart or two? :)

I have an SD KeyRing and it's great- 350 mah/ 3.7 volts BUT it's automatic (no lit button for true stealth). I use it for concerts. The Mini eGo can also be bought in 400 mah/ 3.7 volts if that's your choice and is manual. For their size they've got quite the kick.

greenpang

Apr 3, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'm home!

Misty Mountain Vapors was really great. The guy really took his time answering all of my questions and helping me out.

I ended up getting eGo-T (upgrade) batteries with Clearomizers. I tried a bunch of flavors and went with Vanilla Caramel Coffee, Summertime, and Mint Chocolate Chip.

Just told my husband about all of this and he is super excited to try them; he'll be home from work shortly. May be making another trip to Misty Mountain to get him all set up!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm home!

Misty Mountain Vapors was really great. The guy really took his time answering all of my questions and helping me out.

I ended up getting eGo-T (upgrade) batteries with Clearomizers. I tried a bunch of flavors and went with Vanilla Caramel Coffee, Summertime, and Mint Chocolate Chip.

Just told my husband about all of this and he is super excited to try them; he'll be home from work shortly. May be making another trip to Misty Mountain to get him all set up!

Good job :thumbs: and congrats. Realize if you buy another set for your husband you already have the charger so all you'd need are the batteries and clearos. The charger will also work with the Twists if so desired.
Best of Luck and sorry about getting a little OT in regards top other PVs.

greenpang

Apr 3, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Love this!!!

I still smoked a few analogs during the day at work today when I was just using the blu disposable.

But I smoked my last analog five hours ago on the way from work to the vape shop. And I haven't wanted one? And the idea of smoking my formerly beloved Parliaments sounds disgusting?

This is crazy. I never even tried to quit smoking, but I think I accidentally quit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread