Single mod battery

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Hey, did someone ever vape in a single mod battery device with a 21,700 and a 18,650 battery as well and incase some of you do or did can you fill any different?
I always use 21,700 battery on my 100w single mod and never did understand just like Mike from element vape on you tube way to make 2 devices one for 21,700 and and option to use 18,650 as well.
And one device with 18,650 built-in like the voopoo xt and Mt what is the common sense to buy a mod that after the battery is dead you can't use it anymore?
I'm thinking to purchase the lost vape centaurus 100m and its comes with a 18,650 thet is not built-in but I wonder will it effect the vaping experience?
Thank you and happy vaping day to all.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I do remember learning one e that there was a certification system put out by someone or other to show that the healthfood store tablets actually contain what they purport to (often they don’t. Supplements are the new snake oil) and I bought some certified valerian tablets. Valerian stinks. It’s got a real distinctive odor. You can open a bottle of tablets and be able to tell if they’re good or not from the smell alone. (You want it to stink btw.)

segev

Nov 1, 2023
I do remember learning one e that there was a certification system put out by someone or other to show that the healthfood store tablets actually contain what they purport to (often they don’t. Supplements are the new snake oil) and I bought some certified valerian tablets. Valerian stinks. It’s got a real distinctive odor. You can open a bottle of tablets and be able to tell if they’re good or not from the smell alone. (You want it to stink btw.)
It definitely have the worse smell I ever smelled and I use to buy a very good brand I tryd it for once to try and sleep better me and sleeping are not good friends and I'm definitely a night person but I remember that evry time I open the bottle or drop some in my mouth my cats was weiking up from deep sleeping and start to go nuts even the seller ask me if I grow cats before I bought it let say they enjoy it a lot more then the clouds of the valerian 3 sub ohm tank.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
It definitely have the worse smell I ever smelled and I use to buy a very good brand I tryd it for once to try and sleep better me and sleeping are not good friends and I'm definitely a night person but I remember that evry time I open the bottle or drop some in my mouth my cats was weiking up from deep sleeping and start to go nuts even the seller ask me if I grow cats before I bought it let say they enjoy it a lot more then the clouds of the valerian 3 sub ohm tank.
My memory was it was a bit like expensive cheese: the worse the smell the better it was.

Do not follow this for socks btw. Also everyone that has cats grows cats. Unless of course they are dead. Then you just have things to hide in the engine bay near the air-con of someone you do not like. It’s almost as good as cheese for that.

Last edited:

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
Mar 13, 2024
  • Deleted by Misty

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yes, some vapers use modified devices that support different types of batteries. For example, one slot for 21,700 and another for 18,650.
    I’m looking for one of those. What device offers that type of support?

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Yes, some vapers use modified devices that support different types of batteries. For example, one slot for 21,700 and another for 18,650.Built-in batteries: Please note that the built-in batteries, such as in Voopoo XT and MT, cannot be replaced. Once discharged, you will not be able to use the device until you charge it. If you choose a mod that comes with a built-in battery, consider this limitation.
    Not a fan of built in batteries myself. It means the mod only lasts as long as the battery does, which is generally a year or two. Then they usually need to be recycled. (This is not optional btw. Do NOT throw dead lithium batteries in the trash, they’re hazardous waste. Recycle them. It’s generally free)

segev

Nov 1, 2023
    Yes, some vapers use modified devices that support different types of batteries. For example, one slot for 21,700 and another for 18,650.Built-in batteries: Please note that the built-in batteries, such as in Voopoo XT and MT, cannot be replaced. Once discharged, you will not be able to use the device until you charge it. If you choose a mod that comes with a built-in battery, consider this limitation.
    In the voopoo xt the battery is not build in I have it same as the voopoo m100s the Mt it's built in and when the battery is dead so is the mod there are some brands who do that with there devices I can't understand the logic behind it except making money.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    In the voopoo xt the battery is not build in I have it same as the voopoo m100s the Mt it's built in and when the battery is dead so is the mod there are some brands who do that with there devices I can't understand the logic behind it except making money.
    There is a minimal safety logic to built in systems in that lithium batteries have no standard. UL actually requires that built-in batteries to be used though to my knowledge there has only ever been one UL listed mod. At this point the most reasonable standard is USBC. Mate any built in battery via a USBC port such that any power bank can be used. If that power bank wants to have changeable batteries it’s the lookout of the power bank company. I take your point though. Changeable batteries make more sense from both a cost and recycling perspective to the point that there is little reason to consider any system with a built-in battery to be anything but proprietary over-expensive e-waste.

Reactions: smacuser

Users who are viewing this thread