Nitecore U2 charger

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Hey, I just received the u2 nitecore 2 slotes charger I use the sumsong t-40, molical p42A, And the vapcell T-50 they are all 21,700 I really like to know witch is the best way to charge them let it work automatically or set it manually?
This device gives 1500Mha to evry slot and from 2 day experience it if the battery is empty or between 20-50 % some of them was in different conditions when I got it I noticed it takes 5 hours until there are fool charge is this time limit is fast charging? Or there is a way to charge it faster just for basic knowledge?
I have 6 batteries on 4 mods I'm vaping so I don't found my self stuck with out batteries I have to say there is a huge difference how the battery proform on daily basis it hold more then 12 hours above 50% and that is awesome of course I vape 2 mods at the same time a day so it's understood.
I didn't found on the U2 nothing on you tube or Google to watch a review and when I tryd to set it manually I can only change the numbers but not set them to locked.
More then appreciate your responses and experience with external batteries charging

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I have several older chargers. Currently I'm using a Miboxer C4-12 v2 charger. Each slot can be manually set to charge from 0.1A, 0.2A, 0.3A, 0.5A, 0.8A, 1A, 1.5A, 2A, 2.5A and 3A. It will also auto select the charge rate (fast charge).

What's best for a battery? Honestly, it all depends. Some say to charge at 0.5A. Others say 1A. And others say 1.5A. Some folks don't care and allow their charger to set the charge (fast charge). Obviously the lower the charge rate, the longer a battery will take to charge.

When I have a lot of time and I'm just sitting around at home, I'll charge batteries at 1.5A. Other times I let the charger select the rate. None of my batteries has taken anywhere near 5 hours to charge in the Miboxer. They usually take about an hour (+/- depending).

A Sanyo NCR2070C 20700 that just finished charging at 3A took 44 minutes.
A Molicel P26A 18650 that just finished charging at 1.5A took 57 minutes.

IIRC, Mooch (the battery expert) has in the past suggested using lower charge rates for longer battery life. My thoughts are, batteries are cheap, so I am not concerned about battery life.

In the end, it's up to you, whether or not to manually set a charge rate or to auto-charge your batteries.

segev

Nov 1, 2023
I have several older chargers. Currently I'm using a Miboxer C4-12 v2 charger. Each slot can be manually set to charge from 0.1A, 0.2A, 0.3A, 0.5A, 0.8A, 1A, 1.5A, 2A, 2.5A and 3A. It will also auto select the charge rate (fast charge).

What's best for a battery? Honestly, it all depends. Some say to charge at 0.5A. Others say 1A. And others say 1.5A. Some folks don't care and allow their charger to set the charge (fast charge). Obviously the lower the charge rate, the longer a battery will take to charge.

When I have a lot of time and I'm just sitting around at home, I'll charge batteries at 1.5A. Other times I let the charger select the rate. None of my batteries has taken anywhere near 5 hours to charge in the Miboxer. They usually take about an hour (+/- depending).

A Sanyo NCR2070C 20700 that just finished charging at 3A took 44 minutes.
A Molicel P26A 18650 that just finished charging at 1.5A took 57 minutes.

IIRC, Mooch (the battery expert) has in the past suggested using lower charge rates for longer battery life. My thoughts are, batteries are cheap, so I am not concerned about battery life.

In the end, it's up to you, whether or not to manually set a charge rate or to auto-charge your batteries.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Did you mean Nitecore UI2? I cannot find a Nitecore U2 model. If UI2, the manual for the UI2 shows it' sa very basic charger that doesn't allow changing the charge current. It typically charges each bay at 1000mA (1A). Exception is if battery voltage is below 2.9V it will charge at lower amps for a while.

As far as what is a good max charging current for your batteries' health, see Mooch's chart below, The Samsung 40T and Molicel P42A you have are find to be charged at 1A for max life. The chart does to list any rewrap brands like Vapcell but I'm sure 1A charge rate is fine. You can't do anything about it if your charger won't allow you to set charge current anyway.

b8be2bde-aea5-4639-80db-ec8422c3e552-jpeg.976595

segev

Nov 1, 2023
    Did you mean Nitecore UI2? I cannot find a Nitecore U2 model. If UI2, the manual for the UI2 shows it' sa very basic charger that doesn't allow changing the charge current. It typically charges each bay at 1000mA (1A). Exception is if battery voltage is below 2.9V it will charge at lower amps for a while.

As far as what is a good max charging current for your batteries' health, see Mooch's chart below, The Samsung 40T and Molicel P42A you have are find to be charged at 1A for max life. The chart does to list any rewrap brands like Vapcell but I'm sure 1A charge rate is fine. You can't do anything about it if your charger won't allow you to set charge current anyway.

b8be2bde-aea5-4639-80db-ec8422c3e552-jpeg.976595

Attachments

• 20240209_082331.jpg
      20240209_082331.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 6
    • 20240209_082538.jpg
      20240209_082538.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 8

segev

Nov 1, 2023
    Thank you so much I usually don't read them I have a lot of technology around me from the new apple t.v bluetooth speakers galaxy 24 ultra with Ai I lern as I use and reading reviews before I buy usually I didn't did it with this product I know nitecore is one of the best on the market I thought it will be simple my mistake I will read it now.
    Meny tanks

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you so much I usually don't read them I have a lot of technology around me from the new apple t.v bluetooth speakers galaxy 24 ultra with Ai I lern as I use and reading reviews before I buy usually I didn't did it with this product I know nitecore is one of the best on the market I thought it will be simple my mistake I will read it now.
    Meny tanks

You just need to read pages 2 and 3. The rest you read when you are in the bathroom. :D

Users who are viewing this thread