Single mod battery

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Hey, did someone ever vape in a single mod battery device with a 21,700 and a 18,650 battery as well and incase some of you do or did can you fill any different?
I always use 21,700 battery on my 100w single mod and never did understand just like Mike from element vape on you tube way to make 2 devices one for 21,700 and and option to use 18,650 as well.
And one device with 18,650 built-in like the voopoo xt and Mt what is the common sense to buy a mod that after the battery is dead you can't use it anymore?
I'm thinking to purchase the lost vape centaurus 100m and its comes with a 18,650 thet is not built-in but I wonder will it effect the vaping experience?
Thank you and happy vaping day to all.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Not 100% that I understood that, but a ~3.7v battery is more or less a ~3.7v battery and if you have a smaller one it’s pretty easy to make it fit a larger space. Smaller can’t be done easily, but larger can. There are little sleeves that will make an 18650 fit in a 21700 or a 26650 (the sleeves are different). This produces opportunity for extreme counterfeiting too. I remember an “18650” that was actually a cigalike battery with bubble wrap around it hidden inside the case of a real 18650 for example. It would test as a real battery, it just didn’t have very many actual amps in it because most of the battery was bubble wrap.

I have found that 21700s are imho a bit better than either 18650s or 26650s because they last long enough for me at least, to recharge another battery while vaping that one so one can get away with just two batteries and a charger. The 26650s didn’t work all that well, because since they were bigger they took longer to charge, and one tended to kill one battery before the other was ready, necessitating 3 batteries. An 18650 was even worse (unless you had a two battery mod) because it had more or less the same problem. Double 18650 mods didn’t though because you would then charge two batteries at once, halving charging time. This is the whole “charger and multiple batteries” power. You swap them and always have a charged device.
So ironically 21700s work better than 26650s because they’re smaller. Who’da thunkit? A 26650 is about two 18650s but charges at the speed of 1 18650 (which is too slow) while a 21700 is about 1.5x which is enough. So 3 18650s, or 3 26650s, but only 2 21700s to make a single battery mod work. I’ve seen double 21700 mods but they don’t make a ton of sense for my use case. They’re popular though, apparently because there are a lot of them. An all day vape or something.

Last edited:

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
Both a good 18650 or a 21700 will hit hard enough, I never felt any difference in the vape. But ofcourse, a good 21700 will outlast the good 18650.
A sleeve is just cheap to make and easy when you only have a 18650 charged, I maybe used that once in my 21700 mod. no difference except from it will go empty faster.

Also, mods with built in batteries. I have some experience with older mods, like the istick, they do last pretty long. But yes, in the end they are just disposables. But they can last long, I found one of mine (tc40) from some years back (I had many, and many broke), and it is still clucking chouds.

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Both a good 18650 or a 21700 will hit hard enough, I never felt any difference in the vape. But ofcourse, a good 21700 will outlast the good 18650.
A sleeve is just cheap to make and easy when you only have a 18650 charged, I maybe used that once in my 21700 mod. no difference except from it will go empty faster.

Also, mods with built in batteries. I have some experience with older mods, like the istick, they do last pretty long. But yes, in the end they are just disposables. But they can last long, I found one of mine (tc40) from some years back (I had many, and many broke), and it is still clucking chouds.
Thanks for your answer I understand a bit more now
I use the molical p42A the sumsong t-40 and the vapcell t-50 they are all great the only once that I don't use on my voopoo devices are the sumsong tere plastic cover has a tendency to burn a littel bit and leave a burn smell in the device battery cover I because of your experience I definitely will try the 18.650 in the lost vape centaurus 100m it's not built-in but I do like my mods working and used by all of the parts in the higher level there is.
Cheers

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
The thing that I don’t like about built in batteries is you don’t control the battery, or even see it. Frequently they are liPo. This can be needed for really small mods because you can get more battery into a given space, but I don’t consider LiPo all that trustworthy. Model airplane people seem flat out scared of them. UL actually mandated built-in batteries though, so I’m not totally sure where the safety billet falls. there is so much complaint about E-waste though, and a soldered on battery is E-waste more or less by definition. A replaceable battery mod has advantages there. When the battery starts to suck (as they all eventually do currently) One can simply remove and recycle it, replace it in the rotation, and keep going. With a long enough recharge cycle sealed battery mods start to make more sense. I suspect one day replaceable battery mods will be stupid, and you’re better off having multiple mods you swap out when one runs out of juice. Charge count has doubled or tripled, and the 7000+ count of modern LiFePO4s is i think approaching that point. Hasn’t happened yet though as far as I can tell. Might though. Some of the new chemistries are amazing.

Reactions: segev

segev

Nov 1, 2023
The thing that I don’t like about built in batteries is you don’t control the battery, or even see it. Frequently they are liPo. This can be needed for really small mods because you can get more battery into a given space, but I don’t consider LiPo all that trustworthy. Model airplane people seem flat out scared of them. UL actually mandated built-in batteries though, so I’m not totally sure where the safety billet falls. there is so much complaint about E-waste though, and a soldered on battery is E-waste more or less by definition. A replaceable battery mod has advantages there. When the battery starts to suck (as they all eventually do currently) One can simply remove and recycle it, replace it in the rotation, and keep going. With a long enough recharge cycle sealed battery mods start to make more sense. I suspect one day replaceable battery mods will be stupid, and you’re better off having multiple mods you swap out when one runs out of juice. Charge count has doubled or tripled, and the 7000+ count of modern LiFePO4s is i think approaching that point. Hasn’t happened yet though as far as I can tell. Might though. Some of the new chemistries are amazing.
Absolutely with the Chinese you can't never know my br our future mods will work on Ai, wi fi, or bluetooth

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Absolutely with the Chinese you can't never know my br our future mods will work on Ai, wi fi, or bluetooth
I just got the voopoo m100s when the battery gets to 30% its automatically switch to eco mode and the lock button you can set that will turn the device off no more 5 clicking the armur s has some new fitchers as well and the axon chip is awesome in a few days I will receive the vapersoo luxe xr max it's the first pod mod in my life but it whodent be unless the 5 M"L pod the option to vape up to 80w and the air flow that Is built to dl vaping and the first pod mod that is similar to sub ohm thanks I always get out with big devices it's time to give it a try I swe great reviews on it it's definitely not for mtl or rdl.

Reactions: Letitia

segev

Nov 1, 2023
I just got the voopoo m100s when the battery gets to 30% its automatically switch to eco mode and the lock button you can set that will turn the device off no more 5 clicking the armur s has some new fitchers as well and the axon chip is awesome in a few days I will receive the vapersoo luxe xr max it's the first pod mod in my life but it whodent be unless the 5 M"L pod the option to vape up to 80w and the air flow that Is built to dl vaping and the first pod mod that is similar to sub ohm thanks I always get out with big devices it's time to give it a try I swe great reviews on it it's definitely not for mtl or rdl.

Attachments

• 20240228_040931.jpg
    20240228_040931.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 14

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I never really got the whole wireless connection thing for vapes. There just isn’t enough data most of the time. Locating one I get. I slapped an AirTag on one of mine and it flat out rocks to be able to hunt it down with ease when i misplace it. (I seem to be doing that more and more :/) but wattage is generally a set it and forget it thing for me.

segev

Nov 1, 2023
I never really got the whole wireless connection thing for vapes. There just isn’t enough data most of the time. Locating one I get. I slapped an AirTag on one of mine and it flat out rocks to be able to hunt it down with ease when i misplace it. (I seem to be doing that more and more :/) but wattage is generally a set it and forget it thing for me.

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
The most important thing to know about the cell is that it can deliver a good amount of amps safely.
for Mouth to lung around 25 Watts, a 10 amps is enough, do you want more then it needs to be a 20 Amp+ cell. Do you want to really break out thunderstorm clouds, go for dual 20 Amp+ cells. Cheap cells can not always deliver what they say. Sony VTC's (usually 30-35Amp) are good and pretty popular.

segev

Nov 1, 2023
The most important thing to know about the cell is that it can deliver a good amount of amps safely.
for Mouth to lung around 25 Watts, a 10 amps is enough, do you want more then it needs to be a 20 Amp+ cell. Do you want to really break out thunderstorm clouds, go for dual 20 Amp+ cells. Cheap cells can not always deliver what they say. Sony VTC's (usually 30-35Amp) are good and pretty popular.
Yeah I know the Sony never use them before but I know Sony products are very good as well from friends who use them in duel battery mods I will never get to duel as you say I huss I vape between 45-60w with 0.2/0.15 coils I can tell you that yesterday I stop with my car at a red light and after 2, 3 puffs a women in the car that stend to my left open the window and told me she thinks my car is on fire it was a sunny morning but I made some nice thunderstorm

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
Yeah I know the Sony never use them before but I know Sony products are very good as well from friends who use them in duel battery mods I will never get to duel as you say I huss I vape between 45-60w with 0.2/0.15 coils I can tell you that yesterday I stop with my car at a red light and after 2, 3 puffs a women in the car that stend to my left open the window and told me she thinks my car is on fire it was a sunny morning but I made some nice thunderstorm
Oh I believe you, for sure, My old 80W Horizon Arctic does the same. And you get a nice coating on the inide of your window if it is cold outside!

Oh, and a good rule of thumb: Never buy a battery with the word fire in the name.

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Oh I believe you, for sure, My old 80W Horizon Arctic does the same. And you get a nice coating on the inide of your window if it is cold outside!

Oh, and a good rule of thumb: Never buy a battery with the word fire in the name.
L.ol I will and you Never buy the Panasonic there t.v is the best there batteries sucks.
Witch is the best horizon tank you vaped?

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
L.ol I will and you Never buy the Panasonic there t.v is the best there batteries sucks.
Witch is the best horizon tank you vaped?
I bought a lot of Cloud tanks, The Horizon Arctic was one of the first, H0w long ago did it come out 7, 8, 9 years? Not sure. And after it I tried a lot more, but i keep falling back on this old Arctic. I do not remember buying any other Horizon. I am not sure, maybe i dreamt it, but wasn't there a seccond version of the arctic with topfill? Never got it.

I love the Arctic because of the simplicity, consistency and bluntness, it never disapoints. Are there tanks with better flavour, yeah, sure. But not as consistent, simple and blunt in my opinion. The cheap Nichrome coils I found ages ago last long and taste just fine, the old coils worked well around 80Watts, these i vpae at 220c 80W TC. The only thing I do miss is the topfill, but it does not have the worst bottom fill. Airflow is just awesome, adjustment is one of the best if you ask me, easy to adjust, but it still sticks on its spot.

I have a version of a Valerian (forgot brand), with Huge coils, yea, vapes nice, never use it.

The Arctic, it just works!

segev

Nov 1, 2023
I bought a lot of Cloud tanks, The Horizon Arctic was one of the first, H0w long ago did it come out 7, 8, 9 years? Not sure. And after it I tried a lot more, but i keep falling back on this old Arctic. I do not remember buying any other Horizon. I am not sure, maybe i dreamt it, but wasn't there a seccond version of the arctic with topfill? Never got it.

I love the Arctic because of the simplicity, consistency and bluntness, it never disapoints. Are there tanks with better flavour, yeah, sure. But not as consistent, simple and blunt in my opinion. The cheap Nichrome coils I found ages ago last long and taste just fine, the old coils worked well around 80Watts, these i vpae at 220c 80W TC. The only thing I do miss is the topfill, but it does not have the worst bottom fill. Airflow is just awesome, adjustment is one of the best if you ask me, easy to adjust, but it still sticks on its spot.

I have a version of a Valerian (forgot brand), with Huge coils, yea, vapes nice, never use it.

The Arctic, it just works!
The valerian is uwell i have the valerian 3 it's awesome as you say uge coils 0.32 ohm Horizon have the Horizon tech 2, the aquila, they are the older versions and now they came out with the legend all of them are top fill and they all ways compere them to the valerian.

Reactions: Darksand

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023

I didn’t used to have that rule but I do now. I regret not having it years earlier.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
The valerian is uwell i have the valerian 3 it's awesome as you say uge coils 0.32 ohm Horizon have the Horizon tech 2, the aquila, they are the older versions and now they came out with the legend all of them are top fill and they all ways compere them to the valerian.

I never associated that word with vaping at all. It’s a plant used as a sleep aid from which Valium is derived. Weird name for a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread