Selling E-cigs in USA locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Does anyone know of any gas stations, bars or restaurants selling e-cigs? Its easier to sell them at wholesale to brick n Morter places than on-line. Plus, there no wait time or shipping costs, at least directly to you. The shipping is already absorbed by the retailer. How many people do you think would buy e-cig and cartridges if they were at a gas station? That is my plan, but what are the consequences if the FDA finds them in a gas stations? Can they throw me in jail for selling them to the gas station?

I'm not really worried about getting the product here to me. I'm more worried about the consequences of selling them to the public via gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Is it legal to do so or does everyone sell strictly on-line?

Adam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
FYI, Nebraska USA is the slowest state in the United States to get anything new. Every goverment body I talked to hear locally didn't know anything about electronic cigarettes and that's why I'm asking so many questions about this because I get the "all clear" from one govermnt body and from another saying they "never had this question before and we haven't ruled on that yet" from another. So confusing. I would just like to find an honest supplier in the US that wouldn't mind me picking their brain about how they conduct business. Whether they sell to retailers or do everything on-line. I have no intention on becoming the next Phillip Morris, but want to be the main supplier in Nebraska.

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
The big advantage of going the e-commerce route over brick and mortar is the initial paper legalities. For instance to sell on the web you are not required to get either a federal tax id or a state tax id (provided you don't ship to your home state.)

The fed id can be useful but is not really necessary unless you are paying employees and need to report FICA, etc. With an LLC no tax id is needed because the LLC itself does not pay taxes. All profits/losses "pass through" to the owners who are then responsible for paying tax on their personal income.

Just a few more tidbits for the pot.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Does anyone know of any gas stations, bars or restaurants selling e-cigs? Its easier to sell them at wholesale to brick n Morter places than on-line. Plus, there no wait time or shipping costs, at least directly to you. The shipping is already absorbed by the retailer. How many people do you think would buy e-cig and cartridges if they were at a gas station? That is my plan, but what are the consequences if the FDA finds them in a gas stations? Can they throw me in jail for selling them to the gas station?

I'm not really worried about getting the product here to me. I'm more worried about the consequences of selling them to the public via gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Is it legal to do so or does everyone sell strictly on-line?
I would suggest you check into Liability Insurance. I definitely have it in my business. In fact, I also have Errors & Omissions Insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread