E-cig "Consultant" business

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxguy9345

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
PA
I've been out of work and was wondering if it'd be legal for me to put an add in the local newspaper about being an "E-Cig Consultant" or "Guide" if you will. Meet with people interested in vaping but might not have the internet know-how to get the best deals, know what style they want, where to find good juice etc etc. I would charge for the service and be available to take questions by phone, I could figure out their needs from a PV and get the best deals I can, one on one setup and general maintenance once they get it. See where I'm going?

I was just wondering if I needed a permit or license of some sort to make it legit? And, because of the recent legal issues, would I be at risk from anything? I'd definitely have them sign some kind of agreement, but what are the risks? I would like to open a small shop since there isn't a brick n mortar establishment within an hour of here that you can get a PV/juice, and even then it's the mall kiosks... but I'm broke! Voice your concerns! Let me know whats up.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Well, it sounds like a great idea and, at least, establishing yourself as a 'guru' is a low-investment way of starting - jumping straight into brick-&-mortar stores would be capital intensive. You could even set yourself up as a 'boutique' supplier of liquids and hardware to exploit any niche demand you happen across.

One small drawback, as I see it, is that the industry is still rapidly evolving - for proof, look at what's happened, product-wise, in the last 12 months.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I was thinking of doing this a few years ago, but I survived the 75% layoff that our company did, so I didn't look into it any further.

Although they have not come out and said they do it, I believe I know of two members here who are doing this now.
One of them lives in Canada, and the other one I will have to remember her screen name.

If I can come up with her screen name I will PM her and see if she would mind contacting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread