Selling 0 nic juice for the same prices as nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I don't know if I'm allowed to post here and I think suppliers aren't allowed to post in the gen members e-liquids sub-forum. I hope a mod moves this to the appropriate place.

As a primarily 0 nic vaper, it drives me crazy that most vendors charge the same price for 0 nic juice as 24 or even 36mg nic juice. Nicotine is the most expensive ingredient in e-juice correct? So why do you charge the same for 0 nic juice?

That's just as bad as the vendors that jack you up with shipping and handling fees.:2c: I can't keep count of how many sites I was about to give a try until I got to their shipping fees...

There's TV's doublers and DAT's. They are the only two vendors I know of that don't charge the same for 0 nic juice.

Trioxin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Peoria, IL
Nicotine really isn't that expensive. The main cost is actually going to be the diluting liquid used to cut it down to manageable levels. I can't remember the correct numbers, but a 100mg solution is only about 5% nicotine or something. Still, considering the extra time and dangers involved with nicotine solutions over 0 nic, the later should probably be cheaper.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Make your own and save yourself a bunch of money.

I'm holding off as long as I can. Still attempting to find out what I like etc., not to mention finding time(and learning correctly how) to mix.

But I do already have plenty of flavorants from PA. I just have to find the time to go out and find PG and VG at a pharmacy.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
My husband is a 0 nic vaper, we diy all his now just from either excessive price or lack of availability.
I vape 6-10mg and don't buy much myself except for my flue-cured tobacco. It's just more money saving and I don't have to attempt to find suppliers that carry low nic ( which is a pain also)

I guess that's what I'll eventually end up doing as well.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
The price of the nic added is so miniscule in juices, its the labor intensive part of making them, supplies, making recipes, and all that comes with getting it to the consumer where the cost comes from especially on custom blends and orders.

If there shouldnt be a charge for no nic added, then should there be a charge for higher nic contents added.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Im 0mg and I dont mind paying the same as the liquids with nicotine. I dont mind paying shipping charges of $7 even when my 1 item is $4.99 but I do feel cheated when that $7 only gets me 1st class and not priority. Seems to me its an old ebay trick to make a little profit on shipping charges. To be fair there is handing like packaging & material plus the labor to do it but its NO extra cost to the supplier to give priority instead of 1st class.:glare:

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
The price of the nic added is so miniscule in juices, its the labor intensive part of making them, supplies, making recipes, and all that comes with getting it to the consumer where the cost comes from especially on custom blends and orders.

If there shouldnt be a charge for no nic added, then should there be a charge for higher nic contents added.

There are charges for higher nic! Funny that one of the most popular vendors sells 0 nic "doublers" at greatly reduced prices; 4 ozs. for $15. another sells 0 nic 4 ozs. for $11.50.

I'm PMing you about purchase from you, BTW.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
hmmm...

I wonder how often Pepsi gives an extra discount to those who only drink diet since that means they don't have to add those extra ingredients. Or how often people get a discount at McDonalds because they don't want the pickles or ketchup on their burger. :?:

Diet Pepsi DOESN'T have less ingredients; just different ingredients. McDonalds also don't charge more if you want extra pickles or ketchup, juice vendors do if you want higher nic. Yet at least two have come on here to say the price of nic is minuscule. If true, why do some charge 2-6 dollars more for higher nic?

Businesses have to take into consideration that as vaping becomes more mainstream, practices such as charging $7 or more for shipping only to send a package first class with $1.39 postage showing on the envelope, charging the same for 0 nic, or more for extra nic., will only help drive customers away.

I placed a first time order from a highly praised vendor on ECF. During the course of discussion, it came out that I worked for the institution he was railing against. My two juices I ordered from him are too weak to taste. The weakest of any I've ever ordered from anywhere. I KNOW from the reviews that's not normal for his juices. Wonder why my juices were made soo weak?

In the end, consumer satisfaction will determine who will become mega vendors and who will falter. More people are deciding to DIY everyday. I could consider it a coincidence if just one of my juices were too weak to get ANY taste from, but when both are AND the bottles are labeled with my initials....

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I forgot to mention that priority FLAT rate boxes are FREE and tho small weight doesnt matter and can easily hold 4-5 30ml bottles. In the suppliers defense they also have to pay confirmation cost but still seems to me $7 should cover things. Im not a supplier so I am open to the possibility I could be wrong. :unsure:

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I forgot to mention that priority FLAT rate boxes are FREE and tho small weight doesnt matter and can easily hold 4-5 30ml bottles. In the suppliers defense they also have to pay confirmation cost but still seems to me $7 should cover things. Im not a supplier so I am open to the possibility I could be wrong. :unsure:

I don't have a problem with vendors that charge $5-6 for priority. My problem are those that will charge $7 or more and ship first class. I've received packages with a couple 5 ml bottles in Small bubble envelopes with the actual postage being under $2.

At the same time you have vendor like Mad Vapes that send out boxed kits, with bottles of juices, and accessories and only charge actual postage. I believe that package only cost $3.95 postage and that was a large bubble envelope.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Diet Pepsi DOESN'T have less ingredients; just different ingredients. McDonalds also don't charge more if you want extra pickles or ketchup, juice vendors do if you want higher nic. Yet at least two have come on here to say the price of nic is minuscule. If true, why do some charge 2-6 dollars more for higher nic?

Businesses have to take into consideration that as vaping becomes more mainstream, practices such as charging $7 or more for shipping only to send a package first class with $1.39 postage showing on the envelope, charging the same for 0 nic, or more for extra nic., will only help drive customers away.

I placed a first time order from a highly praised vendor on ECF. During the course of discussion, it came out that I worked for the institution he was railing against. My two juices I ordered from him are too weak to taste. The weakest of any I've ever ordered from anywhere. I KNOW from the reviews that's not normal for his juices. Wonder why my juices were made soo weak?

In the end, consumer satisfaction will determine who will become mega vendors and who will falter. More people are deciding to DIY everyday. I could consider it a coincidence if just one of my juices were too weak to get ANY taste from, but when both are AND the bottles are labeled with my initials....

Okay, sorry, I should have used Caffeine Free Pepsi as the example and not Diet Pepsi. Is that better? Do you write to Pepsi and argue with them that it should be cheaper?

Just because some vendors do something one way while others do it another doesn't mean one is the right way any more than the other one is.

I do understand your argument but in realistic terms your argument is only valid against those specific vendors who charge more for higher nic levels but don't charge less for zero nic. And even in that case it is still the vendors prerogative as to how they decide to do their pricing just as it's yours to choose whether or not to buy from them.

If a vendor charges the same price per bottle across the board regardless of whether it has 0, 5, 10, 20, or 30 mg of nic in it then basically the assumption would be that they priced it in a way that makes it so everyone pays the same price for the ease of both themselves and the customer. Do you realize how much of a pain it would be to have to readjust prices and have every single level of nicotine be a different price? And if they did that do you realize there would be even more people arguing that they shouldn't have to pay more just because they get a drop more nicotine than someone else?

As I said, I understand your point but it is only a valid point when talking about a specific sub-set of vendors. To try and simplify it to where it basically implies that every vendor who doesn't give a discount for 0 nic is ripping people off is just off point.

As for the other part of the quoted post... I really don't know what to tell you. Is it possible the vendor sabotaged your liquids because they have a different outlook than you on a certain topic? Sure, without a doubt it is a possibility, since all of the vendors are people too and people are prone to do foolish things.

However the likelihood of it is harder to judge since there are so many factors that could have contributed to the "lack of flavor" other than just sabotage. The fact that it was a first time order really makes it impossible to tell. If you had tried those liquids before and gotten plenty of flavor and then this was a reorder after that conversation then that would help it lean more toward sabotage being a reasonable assumption. However since it was a first time order there is no real way of knowing short of having someone else order you the exact same liquids without the vendor knowing they are for you and then seeing if there is a difference. The fact that the vendor is "popular" and people say it has plenty of flavor doesn't mean that flavor is equal to what it takes to satisfy you in particular. Everyones tastes are different.

Sorry, but between that and the couple of comments where you mention vendors "claim" this or that just makes it seem like you just want something or other to argue over, regardless of the validity of the specific discussion at hand.

As for the argument that a "popular" vendor does this or that.. sorry but just because someone is "popular" doesn't mean they do the right thing or that you can believe 100% in everything they "claim" to do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread