SD copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Well I have to say it. I don't see it as a copy of a copy.

It has a LED, and Trog hates LEDs.

It has a on, and off button on the back.

It has the switch on the side.

It's not the Screw Driver IMO.

A car is a car, and a car always looks the same in a ways. Yet, there are always differeances in them that makes them different in some way. Some look almost the same, but there is always differeances.

Every mod could look like a GG, because it's a tube with a end on it. Yet there are always little differances with mods that make them different from one another.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo, I think I know where you are coming from re this thread as I've seen a certain USA supplier, over the last few weeks, getting ready to launch an e-cig that looks very much like an early GG without the safety button & battery venting holes. They also appear to be getting round the safety issue by coating the mod they are having made in a way that you dismissed (If coating gets damaged & it may be liable to shorting?). If I am missing something here, I apologise to you & that seller for being out of order.

chrissie, all people know who he is and yes his mod it is an exactly copy of GGGrant without safety button because he didnt relize how to make it because he hadnt any in his hands. It has no venting holes because he has one in his hands without venting holes. And yes he coat it with this plastic thing, and yes if coat get damaged the issue with metal surfaces will not get avoided.

Re the Screwdriver. I bought one last Christmas & though I haven't used it for several months (need to get a replacement button for it but if I eventually pluck up the courage to hit submit reply to this thread, I just hope Trog will still deal with me :D)

No offence meant to Trog, but as others have said, the SD shape is due to the flashlight he used (& very cleverly INMHO) so I really can't agree that Sailebao are copying Trogs designs. I also understand that Trog is getting another Chinese factory to mass produce the SD?. Maybe Sailebao have seen that factories prototype & decided to use the same flashlight to create their own mod but with the button in a different position? Therefore, they are just updating that factories unpatented e-cig model, rather than copying/fakingTrogs SD?
Sailebao is not stupid, I am sure he knows what is he doing and he knows why the other factory makes flashlights and for whom;):D
*Takes deep breath & plucks up courage to hit "submit reply & hides behind sofa :shock:*[/QUOTE]

Its a stupid game as I see it and I still believe that its a shame. If they were big guys they could make a slim one with 2000 mah battery. But they dont want to search, they want to copy. Thats what I see here and I am totally right chrissie. You know it, I know it.

I hate copiers, please go home:)

Last edited:

Grey_

Jun 23, 2009
Raleigh NC
chrissie, all people know who he is and yes his mod it is an exactly copy of GGGrant without safety button because he didnt relize how to make it because he hadnt any in his hands. It has no venting holes because he has one in his hands without venting holes. And yes he coat it with this plastic thing, and yes if coat get damaged the issue with metal surfaces will not get avoided.

It took me a bit but I figured out what mod you were talking about. You have nothing to worry about, looks like cheap plastic junk with some tacky vinyl coverings - what a joke. I guess there's no accounting for taste (or ethics).

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It took me a bit but I figured out what mod you were talking about. You have nothing to worry about, looks like cheap plastic junk with some tacky vinyl coverings - what a joke. I guess there's no accounting for taste (or ethics).

Thank you very much Grey!

I dont really worry because all people know, so no one will buy from him. He dont know what he is doing, just coping, so his help to his customers will be so poor.

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
Oh and Robert the Television was invented by a Scottish engineer called John Logie Baird in 1926, last time i looked Scotland wasn't in the US ;)
The first cathode ray tube to use a hot cathode was developed by John B. Johnson (who gave his name to the term Johnson noise) and Harry Weiner Weinhart of Western Electric, and became a commercial product in 1922.

The earliest version of the CRT was invented by the German physicist Ferdinand Braun in 1897 and is also known as the Braun tube.[1] It was a cold-cathode diode, a modification of the Crookes tube with a phosphor-coated screen.
In 1907, Russian scientist Boris Rosing used a CRT in the receiving end of an experimental video signal to form a picture. He managed to display simple geometric shapes onto the screen, which marked the first time that CRT technology was used for what is now known as television

So I guess it was the German's or Russian's , but the American's created the 1st Hot CRT which developed into the commercial product.

According to Elements of Multinational Strategy, by Keith Head:

"Endless arguments have arisen over the location where various products were invented. For example, some claim that the television was invented in Scotland. while it is true that a Scottish inventor named John Baird is widely credited as the "first person to produce a discernible image on a television screen,"4 his laboratory was actually in Hastings, England. Moreover, the mechanical apparatus used by Baird was abandoned shortly after its invention in favour of fully electronic technology using cathode ray tubes (CRT). The technology at the heart of modern CRT televisions was invented in the United States by Philo Farnsworth and Vladimir Zworykin in the late 1920s. Zworykin went on to help RCA develop a marketable version of the television."

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I plan on sticking with GG also...... And I am trying to let others know how good the GG's are too..... I give my opinion online as well as when people ask me about E-Cigs..... Many people seem interested when they see me sucking on my Transformer in public...... Quite a conversation piece....... When I go to the V.A. Hospital smoking area, there are usually about 10 - 20 people there....... Hopefully they will quit analogs and buy a GG.......

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
I plan on sticking with GG also...... And I am trying to let others know how good the GG's are too..... I give my opinion online as well as when people ask me about E-Cigs..... Many people seem interested when they see me sucking on my Transformer in public...... Quite a conversation piece....... When I go to the V.A. Hospital smoking area, there are usually about 10 - 20 people there....... Hopefully they will quit analogs and buy a GG.......

Wilksberry PA, VA hospital wont let me smoke only in the parking lot. lol...... I cant wait to show off the slim... Ive shown off the GGT nano and people love it. But they its to bolky.....thats because there use to the normal PV's.... dont worry once I show the slim off there going to be running for border.... o to speak.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
According to Elements of Multinational Strategy, by Keith Head:

"Endless arguments have arisen over the location where various products were invented. For example, some claim that the television was invented in Scotland. while it is true that a Scottish inventor named John Baird is widely credited as the "first person to produce a discernible image on a television screen,"4 his laboratory was actually in Hastings, England. Moreover, the mechanical apparatus used by Baird was abandoned shortly after its invention in favour of fully electronic technology using cathode ray tubes (CRT). The technology at the heart of modern CRT televisions was invented in the United States by Philo Farnsworth and Vladimir Zworykin in the late 1920s. Zworykin went on to help RCA develop a marketable version of the television."

Ok, this is my last post regarding TV as I don't really care who invented it . I was simply responding to the 1st poster because I new Baird's TV didn't even incorporate a standard CRT. But anyway, from Wikipedia concering Boris Rosing and Zworkin:
Boris Lvovich Rosing (Russian: Бори́с Льво́вич Ро́зинг) (1869–1933) was a Russian scientist and inventor in the field of television. In 1907, he envisioned a TV system using the CRT on the receiving side. Rosing filed a patent application in Germany on November 26, 1907 and -- on the improved version of his system -- on March 2, 1911. He followed up with a demonstration of which a report was published in the Scientific American with diagrams and full description of the invention's operation.
Rosing's invention expanded on the designs of Paul Nipkow and his mechanical system of rotating lenses and mirrors. Accordingly, Rosing's system employed a mechanical camera device, but used very early cathode ray tube (developed in Germany by Karl Ferdinand Braun) as a receiver. The system was primitive, but it was definitely one of the first experimental demonstrations where the cathode ray tube was employed for the purposes of television.
According to the generally established view V. K. Zworykin was a pupil of Rosing and assisted him in some of his laboratory work.

So it was Rosing, Zworkin just eleborated on his teacher's idea. But is still is the German, Braun, who came up with the cold CRT idea in the first place.

Also from wiki:
Zworykin invented a television transmitting and receiving system employing cathode ray tubes. Several biographers[citation needed] have called him the "true" inventor of television, although there remains healthy dispute about this designation.

So Zworkin invented a transmission/receiving system utilizing CRT technology(which had, in fact , already been done before anyway) already developed.

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
I agree - it's a different size, different weight, has different electronics in it (protection circuits for the battery), takes a different atomiser (it's not a 901 atty, although a 901 will fit) and the shape, while similar, is also different, never mind the switch arrangements and LED ring - it has a drag length cutoff in the electronic circuitry (to protect the atty - it's a looooong drag, though), a charge indicator sequence that kicks in when the battery needs topped up and so on and so forth.

So, visually similar, but many, many points of difference - not a copy.

Well I have to say it. I don't see it as a copy of a copy.

It has a LED, and Trog hates LEDs.

It has a on, and off button on the back.

It has the switch on the side.

It's not the Screw Driver IMO.

A car is a car, and a car always looks the same in a ways. Yet, there are always differeances in them that makes them different in some way. Some look almost the same, but there is always differeances.

Every mod could look like a GG, because it's a tube with a end on it. Yet there are always little differances with mods that make them different from one another.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread